Dec 09, 2011, 09:10 PM
Very nice battery tray. Is the front of the tray tabbed into the former that the receiver sits on?...is that how the front of the tray is held in place?
Sounds like with a lighter setup, I can put the rudder on a pull pull....and possibly the elevator. Is the elevator halves connected or are they seperate?
I could also make a battery box right under the motor box....which would have (2) 4S 4000mah more forward than your batteries....might help not having to add lead weight....thx for the pics.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 09, 2011, 09:16 PM
14s 180mah should be enough...
Skyjet, those pictures look real familiar

I have seen Skyjet's setup on 12s and it is insane. My recently acquired Rascal 110 will have a Power 160 equivalent on 10s. Hoping for a maiden this weekend.

The motor I am using is here and I am using the Electrifly Silver Series 80amp HV speed control.

RX battery is in the same place described by Skyjet
Dec 09, 2011, 09:22 PM
Electric or Bust!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabledawg1
Very nice battery tray. Is the front of the tray tabbed into the former that the receiver sits on?...is that how the front of the tray is held in place?
Sounds like with a lighter setup, I can put the rudder on a pull pull....and possibly the elevator. Is the elevator halves connected or are they seperate?
I could also make a battery box right under the motor box....which would have (2) 4S 4000mah more forward than your batteries....might help not having to add lead weight....thx for the pics.
The elevator is one piece. Yes! The battery tray slides under a tab at the back of the tray and is held in place in the front with 2 4-40 screws. With the new one there will be two more servos for the flaps too. I'm guessing that they will be located just aft of the CG.
Dec 09, 2011, 09:25 PM
Electric or Bust!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFLYOS
Skyjet, those pictures look real familiar

I have seen Skyjet's setup on 12s and it is insane. My recently acquired Rascal 110 will have a Power 160 equivalent on 10s. Hoping for a maiden this weekend.

The motor I am using is here and I am using the Electrifly Silver Series 80amp HV speed control.

RX battery is in the same place described by Skyjet
I can't wait for the maiden report! I think your are going to have great set-up. I can't wait for Randy Covington! How many electric Rascal 110's do you think we will have up there next year?

Believe it or not our club is going float flying tomorrow at our Christmas party.
Dec 09, 2011, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyjet
I can't wait for the maiden report! I think your are going to have great set-up. I can't wait for Randy Covington! How many electric Rascal 110's do you think we will have up there next year?
Well, 4 for sure, and possibly 5. It will be a Rascal event for sure!
Dec 09, 2011, 10:56 PM
Mark
Just make sure to get plenty pics to post here. Please
Dec 10, 2011, 06:27 AM
*It Ain't Lookin Good*
skyjet,

Nice video. Your Rascal flys really nice and has a lot of power. That's the setup I'd like to have for 3D. I hope my new Rascal and engine comes in during the Christmas holidays so I'll have something to work on. I'm also hoping the new manufacture of the Rascal 110 do it wright and don't try and go light on the woods as others have.
Dec 10, 2011, 07:55 AM
KJ4YNM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFLYOS
Well, 4 for sure, and possibly 5. It will be a Rascal event for sure!
Possibly five? You think Grampa Tony will have his by then?
Dec 10, 2011, 09:27 AM
If he will call me back he might! I told him about where he can get one
Dec 10, 2011, 10:48 AM
I too, would like to make a Rascal Fly-In....but first I need one (or two, or three). If one happens in Indiana that would be within range.

My 72" Rascal does FPV flying on a regular basis.

Cheers!

SLCPilot
Dec 10, 2011, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewert
I don't think my OS 1.60 twin puts out much more power than a good running 1.20 single, but you just can't mistake the sweet noise of a twin. I have seen some really nice ones in the classifieds at reasonable prices.
Edwin, I have a picture of your Rascal saved in my Rascal folder. I have a killer color scheme in mind for my next recover. I love to see other peoples Rascals when they have recovered away from the stock job. None of my Rascals have flaps, so that may be a good enough reason to update them to another color.
What size prop are you running on your 1.60
Mine will swing an 18/6 MA with no problem and has tons more power than any 120 4S out there.
Dec 10, 2011, 11:50 AM
*It Ain't Lookin Good*
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPilot
I too, would like to make a Rascal Fly-In....but first I need one (or two, or three). If one happens in Indiana that would be within range.

My 72" Rascal does FPV flying on a regular basis.

Cheers!

SLCPilot
Keep your eye on the "Fuel Power Events" forum as we may be putting on another Rascal 110 fly-in in 2012.
Dec 11, 2011, 01:03 AM
Mark
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50
What size prop are you running on your 1.60
Mine will swing an 18/6 MA with no problem and has tons more power than any 120 4S out there.
I'm running a 16-10 Beila. I have run 18-6 props in the past, but my engines seem to like the 16-10 the best. I have three OS 1.60's and they all run close to the same.
Dec 12, 2011, 06:46 PM
Well, Sig took my Visa number last week.....it's strange hoping to see a big increase on the card balance.

I too, am very interested to hear from veteren R110 builders and their opinions on the new build vs. the old build. Has anybody else had their card debited yet?

Also, for the gas fliers that fly with wheels, is the old version difficult to get down with residual power? Presumably the flaps will help add drag. My 72" version I imagine would be hard to slow if it wasn't electric.

Cheers!

SLCPilot
Dec 12, 2011, 09:36 PM
espritmodel.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewert
Here are a few shots of mine on Hangar 9 Cub floats. They mount up and work very well on the Rascal.
Congratulations, this is the nicest Rascal I have seen. This thing is sweet. Ones we get new shipment I will recover one and add floats.

Zb/Esprit Model

Video:
http://www.espritmodel.com/sig-rasca...flaps-arf.aspx

This is mine: