Oct 24, 2011, 05:59 PM
I love my ID.
Thread OP
Discussion

Rest in Peace John Worth.

Folks,

John passed away peacefully last night. He was surrounded by his family and loved ones.

For me, John was a friend and mentor. I miss him.

Jin
to remove ads between posts
Oct 24, 2011, 06:35 PM
RIP Azarr - "Old age is not for sissies"
I,ve known John for many years. His contributions to the hobby were enormous.

Azarr
Oct 24, 2011, 06:50 PM
in pursuit of low wing loading
Ive also known John for years, though not as long as Azarr has. I learned a lot from him. Reading his RC Micro Flight is what got me into micro as I re-entered the hobby after grad school. I will miss him.

Gordon
Oct 24, 2011, 10:05 PM
I only met John few times at NEAT, but followed his magazine and articles, and learned a ton from them. RIP John, glad to hear you passed peacefully. Truly a wonderful man.
Dave Wulff
Oct 24, 2011, 10:24 PM
Mack
Bon voyage John. Your online magazine, RC Micro World, was a source of inspiration for many of us. It would be a great legacy if it could continue.
Peter
Oct 24, 2011, 10:33 PM
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
oh no! i got to meet John once at the indoor Toledo flying, he was very pleasant to speak with and very kind indeed
Oct 24, 2011, 10:36 PM
John was a good pilot, a great builder, great organizer and writer, an inspiration for many of us. Better than that he was a good man and a great friend.

Peace and Soft Landings John.

cw
Oct 24, 2011, 11:26 PM
in pursuit of low wing loading
Here is a picture of me giving John the "Excellence in Micronautics" award at the 2005 Indoor Night at NEAT. I believe he would have been 81 at the time. I truly enjoyed making him the printed tissue "Guppy" Clipped Wing Monocoupe for the top of the award.

John was the most pleasant, upbeat person I've ever known in the hobby. His contributions were huge.

Gordon
Oct 24, 2011, 11:34 PM
That is very sad, and a great loss for the micro-airplane community. Like Gordon, John's RC Micro Flight magazine had a significant influence on me as I got back into RC modeling after a break of 44 years.

I shall always be grateful to John for what he did for me at my first KIEF in 2009. I showed up with a 1/48 scale 6 channel P-51 and John really liked it. So he went off getting anyone and everyone he could find to come to my table to see it. I'm sure it was due to his efforts that I was awarded best micro aircraft of the show.

I owe you, John, in many ways. You were a wonderful cheerleader, and a really great person. I miss you.

--Martin
Oct 25, 2011, 01:16 AM
I've been reading his articles for most of my life. Guys like John Worth live on in the attitudes of all the people who've read and absorbed their words.

Pete
Oct 25, 2011, 06:37 AM
Molon labe
Sadly, people like John Worth are no longer in production.
Oct 25, 2011, 07:55 AM

Reflections...

Humble, but opinionated!

I will miss him as an editor and a friend. Last corresponded with him a week before his passing. His fire was with him till the end. He lived a great, long life, yet was still a kid at heart. Loved to learn.

That's the good. The bad is that we will all miss him.

Does anyone have a mailing address for his family? I only have his old address before he moved to Florida.

Dick
Oct 25, 2011, 08:40 AM
I knew John Worth only from pictures and articles in the model magazines of my youth. His work was innovative and inspirational. He will join other model airplane heroes of my beginnings in this hobby, like Bill Winter and Jim Walker.

Jim R.
Oct 25, 2011, 08:59 AM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
R.I.P. John,
Thanks for your contributions in this wonderful hobby, glad all of us got to share some airspace with you.

Condolences to his family.
Oct 25, 2011, 11:34 AM
pem
pem
bye for now John. Will miss you over here

PM

Quick Reply