New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Oct 24, 2011, 07:42 AM
Marrone is offline
Find More Posts by Marrone
Gravity manager
Discussion

Aerofly 5.5 or realflight 6?


Hi guys!

I really need a sim for the coming winter. It gets quite cold here and not a lot of flying is possible in the winter.

I am into airplanes and jets (no helis at all) and I really want to pull the plug on a sim but can't decide between realflight or aerofly

Since there is no demo of aerofly, Comparing the two is difficult.

What do you guys think? Should i go for the new realflight or aerofly 5?

Do they have similar physics/ graphics?

O and, are there any yearly promotions during christmas/soon so i can buy one of these sims cheaper?

So i am looking for the best sim for ME, i kniw there is no such thing as the best sim. Just looking for an overview of pros and cons or differences between the two.

Can anyone please help me out here? Help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2011, 07:47 AM
Kris... is offline
Find More Posts by Kris...
Registered Addict
Kris...'s Avatar
Aerofly5 physics/ graphics are far superior in Aerofly5 its just an all round more polished sim.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 08:14 AM
jeffpn is offline
Find More Posts by jeffpn
Registered User
RealFlight 6 physics/ graphics are far superior in RF its just an all round more polished sim.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 08:17 AM
jeffpn is offline
Find More Posts by jeffpn
Registered User
Seriously, one thing to consider is that AeroFly concentrates on what's popular in Germany, where it's made. I don't know what support is like to deal with, for that reason.

RF is made in America. I think they have a better feel for what's popular in the States.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 09:16 AM
Marrone is offline
Find More Posts by Marrone
Gravity manager
More people care to chime in? I know there is more knowledge out here in rc groups that can be helpfull.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 09:31 AM
jeffpn is offline
Find More Posts by jeffpn
Registered User
This question gets asked every week. You might want to go through those old threads.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 09:51 AM
Marrone is offline
Find More Posts by Marrone
Gravity manager
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpn View Post
This question gets asked every week. You might want to go through those old threads.
Believe me i did. Current topics are all comparisons between older versions. Someone has tried to start a topic like this but nobody ever answered. So i would like to see a good comparison between the two big ones realflight 5.5 and aerofly 5.5? There have to be a lot of people who tried both. So we just need their contributions.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 10:14 AM
jeffpn is offline
Find More Posts by jeffpn
Registered User
RF 6 will be available very shortly. I like the way aircraft perform in RF6. The editor has the ability to either easily, or in a more detailed fashion, adjust the physics of any model to your liking. Some of the swap pages models will need to be tweaked, but that is to be expected when they were released for older versions. My latest model is a bit more floaty in RF6. An older model I made, the Eratix, flies very well without further edits in RF6. All of the stock aircraft fly great in RF6.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 01:11 PM
nemo_uk is offline
Find More Posts by nemo_uk
Registered User
nemo_uk's Avatar
I've had both for a while ...

Graphics .... Aerofly 5.5 (great lighting and much more detailed models)

Interface ... Aerofly 5.5

Physics ... Realflight 5.5

Editing ... Reaflight 5.5 ... Realflight lets you edit the most comprehensive list of parameters easily when compared to aerofly.

Sound ... Realflight 5.5

Best Gliders ... Aerofly 5.5 ... wings flexing on Aerofly is really nice.

Best 3D scenery ... Aerofly 5.5 ... You need a good computer & graphics card.

Best 2D scenery .. Aerofly 5.5 ...support for hill top scenery.

Best water graphics and interaction ... Realflight 5.5

Price ... Realflight 5.5 is about 149 € ... Aerofly is 299 € with a controller and 249 € without.

Support ... Realflight 5.5 (Aerofly has not been updated for almost a year)

Custom content ... Realflight 5.5 ... Swap pages

If you have a supercomputer and want eye candy then choose Aerofly. If want good physics ,a very large collection of models would like to edit parameters then choose Realflight.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 06:28 AM
Marrone is offline
Find More Posts by Marrone
Gravity manager
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo_uk View Post
I've had both for a while ...

Graphics .... Aerofly 5.5 (great lighting and much more detailed models)

Interface ... Aerofly 5.5

Physics ... Realflight 5.5

Editing ... Reaflight 5.5 ... Realflight lets you edit the most comprehensive list of parameters easily when compared to aerofly.

Sound ... Realflight 5.5

Best Gliders ... Aerofly 5.5 ... wings flexing on Aerofly is really nice.

Best 3D scenery ... Aerofly 5.5 ... You need a good computer & graphics card.

Best 2D scenery .. Aerofly 5.5 ...support for hill top scenery.

Best water graphics and interaction ... Realflight 5.5

Price ... Realflight 5.5 is about 149 ... Aerofly is 299 with a controller and 249 without.

Support ... Realflight 5.5 (Aerofly has not been updated for almost a year)

Custom content ... Realflight 5.5 ... Swap pages

If you have a supercomputer and want eye candy then choose Aerofly. If want good physics ,a very large collection of models would like to edit parameters then choose Realflight.
Thanks for your opinion! Appreciate it! About the price, Realflight plus gamecommander 250 and aerofly with usb interface also 250 so price is the same.

Do you really think water looks better in realflight? I saw some videos en water looks absolutely stunning in aerofly 5.5.

Are there more guys here with an opinion. Do you guys really think that realflight has better physics?
Old Oct 25, 2011, 07:17 AM
nemo_uk is offline
Find More Posts by nemo_uk
Registered User
nemo_uk's Avatar
Quote:
Thanks for your opinion! Appreciate it! About the price, Realflight plus gamecommander 250 and aerofly with usb interface also 250 so price is the same.

Do you really think water looks better in realflight? I saw some videos en water looks absolutely stunning in aerofly 5.5.

Are there more guys here with an opinion. Do you guys really think that realflight has better physics?
If you order Realflight (including the controller) from the UK for 149 + shipping .. a lot cheaper than Aerofly.
http://www.modelshopleeds.co.uk/cata...roducts_id=122

With regards the water they both do reflection and shadow casting on water. The spray effects are little bit better in realflight.

With regards physics if you are just starting out flying then there is not much between them.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 12:05 AM
sendittokeith is offline
Find More Posts by sendittokeith
RC Wirehead
Hey, i was looking too - one think that you should make sure of is if your transmitter is supported - i have a specktrum and i dont see it listed for aerofly but it is listed for realflight 6
Old Oct 28, 2011, 04:25 AM
nemo_uk is offline
Find More Posts by nemo_uk
Registered User
nemo_uk's Avatar
Quote:
Hey, i was looking too - one think that you should make sure of is if your transmitter is supported - i have a specktrum and i dont see it listed for aerofly but it is listed for realflight 6
I've used my Spektrum DX7 with both Realflight 5.5 and Aerofly 5.5 with no problems and you don't to need purchase any additional adapter cables for either one.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 06:30 AM
jeffpn is offline
Find More Posts by jeffpn
Registered User
It does seem that many people insist that their transmitters be supported in a sim. I hooked my Tx to RF once, just to see if it worked. It did, but it seems to me to be more of a hassle than it's worth. Most users I know use the Interlink most of the time. It's not a bad thing to be able to use multiple radios. If you're to the point of helping others learn how to fly, would you be unable, because their radios are different?
Old Oct 28, 2011, 04:41 PM
sendittokeith is offline
Find More Posts by sendittokeith
RC Wirehead
OK, good to know. I actually just purchased (5 min ago) RealFlight 6 partly because i know for sure it supports my radio and from what i read RF is better for plans, Areo is better for heli .. that seems to be the overall concensus anyway :-)


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Can you Upgrade Realflight G3.5 to 6? Benf207 Simulators 9 Dec 17, 2014 09:22 AM
Wanted WTB used AeroFly 5 (5.5) simulator for Mac phranticness Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W) 0 Oct 17, 2011 10:08 PM
Discussion Simstick & Mac OS 10.6.6: Aerofly 5/5.5 with Game Commander using JR DSX7 (DX7) 8thelephant Simulators 0 Mar 14, 2011 09:17 PM
Discussion Aerofly 5.5 vs. Realflight 5.5 ??? Michaelpilon Simulators 0 Jan 08, 2011 09:50 AM
Discussion HBFP Model for Aerofly Deluxe or Realflight 4.5 helidelhi Micro Helis 1 Nov 25, 2009 12:56 PM