AQ50D PRO revision for Quad , Hexa and Okto - Page 102 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jan 20, 2013, 01:51 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebstress
TMF Hawkeye Gimbal available (guess where??) GLB HERE.
With the new brushless motor driven gimbals coming this TMF one may be a short lived product based on its price and lack of availability.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 20, 2013, 08:43 PM
Israel Montoya
crackup007's Avatar

Great!


Quote:
Originally Posted by quaddynamics
Looks Great!
Jan 20, 2013, 09:27 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackup007
looks great!
stm32f4
Jan 21, 2013, 12:48 AM
Israel Montoya
crackup007's Avatar

New FC?


Quote:
Originally Posted by mahui625
stm32f4
STM32 F4 series of high-performance MCUs with DSP and FPU instructions

The ARM® Cortex™-M4-based STM32 F4 series is an extension of the industry-leading STM32 portfolio towards even higher performance. Like the STM32 F2 series, these MCUs leverage ST‘s 90 nm NVM technology and ST’s ART Accelerator™ to reach the industry’s highest benchmark scores for Cortex-M-based microcontrollers with 210 DMIPS/566 CoreMark executing from Flash memory at 168 MHz operating frequency. Combined with dynamic power scaling, these technologies enable the current consumption in run mode to be as low as 238 µA/MHz. The DSP instructions and the floating point unit enlarge the range of addressable applications.

The STM32 F4 series is the result of a perfect symbiosis of the real-time control capabilities of an MCU and the signal processing performance of a DSP, and thus complements the STM32 portfolio with a new class of devices, digital signal controllers (DSC).

http://www.st.com/internet/mcu/subclass/1521.jsp
Feb 09, 2013, 08:28 AM
Registered User
Rc Heli Halle's Avatar
Hi all,
if not seen yet here.......... GPS Position Hold Test from the TMF Developer.
GPS PH Test..... (1 min 49 sec)


Mike RCHHB
Feb 09, 2013, 08:29 AM
Registered User
Rc Heli Halle's Avatar
FPV Training (2 min 37 sec)
Feb 09, 2013, 08:32 AM
Advanced Monkey
nebstress's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc Heli Halle
Hi all,
if not seen yet here.......... GPS Position Hold Test from the TMF Developer.
http://youtu.be/8YrgoX7J_RU

Mike RCHHB
Guess what you'll see when you look just '5' posts back
Feb 10, 2013, 01:58 PM
Registered User
Rc Heli Halle's Avatar
Sorry
Mike
Feb 12, 2013, 12:43 PM
Registered User
Can someone help me out here - I am going to buy the AQ50D, and I am a little confused with some of the information I have seen

Is the AQ50D the latest incarnation of this board?

Does it need an add on board or is this a modification for an earlier version?

Is everything supplied for connecting to the computer i.e. do I need anything extra.?

If when a GPS version comes out, will it be an addon to the AQ50D board?

I’m planning to buy from Foxtech at $120 USD – any other suggestions?

Thanks.
Feb 12, 2013, 06:34 PM
Advanced Monkey
nebstress's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by helidex
Can someone help me out here - I am going to buy the AQ50D, and I am a little confused with some of the information I have seen

Is the AQ50D the latest incarnation of this board?

Does it need an add on board or is this a modification for an earlier version?

Is everything supplied for connecting to the computer i.e. do I need anything extra.?

If when a GPS version comes out, will it be an addon to the AQ50D board?

I’m planning to buy from Foxtech at $120 USD – any other suggestions?

Thanks.
The AQ50D is the latest "incarnation" & has the new sensor imbedded so no add on needed, there is an Altitude sensor add on available for it though.

You will need the TMF USB programmer to connect the AQ50D to a PC.

No it looks like the GPS will come with a whole new Flight Controller so wont work with the AQ50D (but I hope I'm wrong).
Feb 13, 2013, 01:12 PM
Registered User
Very good card but go Naza

Cheers
Feb 13, 2013, 01:19 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebstress
The AQ50D is the latest "incarnation" & has the new sensor imbedded so no add on needed, there is an Altitude sensor add on available for it though.

You will need the TMF USB programmer to connect the AQ50D to a PC.

No it looks like the GPS will come with a whole new Flight Controller so wont work with the AQ50D (but I hope I'm wrong).
Thanks for that. So the sensor below would plug into a new AQ50D board?

When I add up the USB adaptor, sensor and board it gets to $154 USD, that’s getting up there $ wise ($207 for the Nazza)

I have flown the Nazza and liked it – can anyone give a comparison in terms of ease of set up and flying characteristics of Nazza in Atti mode and AQ50D with sensor.

In other words is spending the 25% more to get a Nazza vs the AQ50D plus all bits . I realise this is subjective stuff but comments from those in the know would be helpful
Feb 13, 2013, 01:20 PM
Suspended Account
Sensor board is not needed for the newest AQ50D only the older ones. The altitude sensor would be the additional addon for the newer ones if desired.

The AQ50D flies really well, bit more locked in feel than NAZA. However AQ50D only has auto level mode that cannot be disabled, so no true manual mode. AQ50D is nice as it is quick and simple to setup and tune with dip switches and a single gain pot.

I wouldn't hold my breath on the GPS addon, it has been "coming soon" for over a year now.
Feb 13, 2013, 01:24 PM
Registered User
I have both, I had the TMF first.

I used to be very happy with it, but I have been waiting too long for addons...

If you just balance, the features, the support, the GUI, the website for both companies.... it worth the extra $$$
Feb 14, 2013, 01:51 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab
Sensor board is not needed for the newest AQ50D only the older ones. The altitude sensor would be the additional addon for the newer ones if desired.

The AQ50D flies really well, bit more locked in feel than NAZA. However AQ50D only has auto level mode that cannot be disabled, so no true manual mode. AQ50D is nice as it is quick and simple to setup and tune with dip switches and a single gain pot.

I wouldn't hold my breath on the GPS addon, it has been "coming soon" for over a year now.
OK. Thanks to the responders - I have read the whole thread and I feel the (mounting) tension. I want an easy to set up board to test fly frames and sounds like it would do that but I do like alt hold for letting learner pilots have a fly.

Is the add on sensor for the Alt hold available? Is so where please.

For the latest board and firmware - Is it still necessary to recalibrate after a lipo change?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poll What Motors do you use on your tri/quad/hexa/octal etc? bob4432 Multirotor Drone Talk 4 Aug 29, 2010 08:10 PM
Sold MicroKopter ARF Quad/Hexa G-unit Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Aug 23, 2010 10:38 AM
Discussion Folding frame for AP - tri, quad, Hexa, Okto danielpetrescu Multirotor Drone Talk 9 May 10, 2010 01:25 AM
Question Tri/hexa-copter or Quad/Octa-copter and Spartan AP2000i or Helicommand Arthur P. VTOLs 2 May 20, 2007 04:02 PM