Jun 04, 2012, 11:51 PM
Shelter Kitty "Orange Death"
Beautiful and you drive on the right side of the road

Thanks Chen.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 05, 2012, 04:10 AM
Taiwan. Must be like the Mecca for GWS fans. There's a lot of open spaces like the beach areas and countryside. And now the best part. I hear the GWS kits/parts there are much lower in prices since they're made there of course. Just pick up a kit on the cheap, build, and fly at the beach.
Jun 05, 2012, 09:10 AM
I took my Islander100 out to our local hobby shop fly-in....being the smallest plane there, it was quite popular...even the shop employees thought it was cool
Jun 05, 2012, 10:23 AM
TheLeabres: Actually not many open spaces for RC pilots in Taiwan, and always very windy along the coast line. My brother, who flies RC there occasionally, has downsized his fleet to micro only. The GWS kits are a bit cheaper but not much of the differences, good news is that almost everything "in stock". I asked my mom to bring some kits for me when she comes visiting us next time. She did not even bother answering...

bartricky: When you travel with scooter at the countryside of Taiwan, you probably can drive at any side you want! I miss these 50cc scooters, I can fit my whole family on one if I want! People put a 50cc engine in a RC plane here

Chen: Thank you for sharing the video!
Jun 05, 2012, 10:57 AM
The Leabres,
Some slope flyers always fly their slope gliders on cliffs of northen east Taiwan during winter, while most of R/C lovers fly electric planes or nitro/gas planes on rivers' sides or big
open parks. There are a lot of such flying fields in Taiwan. Most of the major fields are shown on maps.rcgroups.com or https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/maps.php?

Chen
Jun 05, 2012, 07:52 PM

Servo Cover

So I went with the 2 servo wing on my F4U and had to devise some kind of protection for the servo horns since 90% of landings are without LG. The horns are particularly vulnerable because they are parallel with the bottom surface of the wing but this does allow easy access to the screw that holds down the horn should they ever have to be reset...I should probably add 2 more sets of floss picks to emulate rocket rails.
Jun 06, 2012, 03:33 AM
Confused? Who, me?
Latest report on my C130/quadtrans EDF is that it only needs the rudder/nosewheel and elevator servos, plus radio and a bit of touching up here and there and we'll be good to go. Weather forecast for the coming days is not promising for a maiden flight. I'm going to be very interested to see if those four tiddy fans (with brushed motors and running on a 2s lipo) can really lift this bird off the deck! I would have liked to add the refuelling probe that all RAF C130's have now but it just struck me as asking too much of the structure, allowing for my landing technique.
Jun 06, 2012, 10:09 AM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
nice plane Roger, thats one of the few GWS planes I don't own....yet
Jun 06, 2012, 10:29 AM
What a nice ducted fan C-130 !

Chen
Jun 06, 2012, 07:52 PM
Roger,
Great views from your back yard. Do you have enough clear space over the wall to fly?

Rob
Jun 06, 2012, 09:04 PM
Shelter Kitty "Orange Death"
Maiden'd the Islander...

A little breezy and I took it to the small field this eve.

It was the easiest no drama maiden I've ever had!
Flew great, looked good, sounded good. No trim needed.
ROG from short grass full throttle for TO and climb-out then back to half throttle or a little less for cruising.

I only had one batt set up for it but did five TOs and landings. No need for flaps or flaperons. Power off it looses altitude quickly but flares nicely.

Built stock except for:
I used the EDF fuse main gear and a fixed nose wheel. No problems.
Installed duel aileron servos and programed aileron differential. The servos are 5g, wrapped with blue tape then epoxied into the wing.
Enlarged batt compartment forward for 2S 1300mAh.
I used the Dubro pinned hinges and they are great to work with.

This is my first multi-motor model and just love it.
A good day, Bart
Last edited by bartricky; Jun 07, 2012 at 12:47 PM.
Jun 06, 2012, 10:35 PM
CA...gimme the CA...
Hey folks,

Anyone know why there is no GWS glue in the kits these days? I got an E-Starter some months back and just got a Corsair, and neither had the glue.

BTW....finally built a Zero I had stashed away since '07, and it's awesome....I can't get enough of it.

Ric
Jun 06, 2012, 10:56 PM
Good job and good maiden ! Bartricky

Chen
Jun 06, 2012, 11:01 PM
Ric,

GWS glue has NOT been included in kit since 3 years ago, for cost reason mostly though they said lots of users did not give it any try.

Chen
Jun 06, 2012, 11:05 PM
I live my life 12oz at a time
Does this means the Mosa 2 I just built (which had glue in it) is 3 years old?

Quick Reply