Jun 14, 2019, 06:48 AM
Registered Hoser
Dreamcatcher, it's simpler than it looks. The material is available at most craft stores. I bought the Crayola brand. You make the body, add the head and form the teddy bear Paint and voila, you have a pilot. The material shrink about 1/3 after drying so I estimate the size.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 15, 2019, 12:10 AM

GWS parts shipped!

Looks like GWSUSA no longer exists, sadly.
Finally got time ordered bunch of shipping boxes to unload my GWS parts collection. All unbuilt. Most priced item are unopened. Don't have any hardware nor linkage, only airframe parts. Note these might have some dings, as is usual for EPS foam. Some has canopy
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...6469-GWS-parts
Last edited by edwen303; Jun 15, 2019 at 03:14 PM.
Jun 15, 2019, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher
Banggood try to become the new hobbyking
Try www.aliexpress.com You might find some GWS stuff like prop and motor mount
Jun 15, 2019, 01:21 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwen303
Looks like GWSUSA no longer exists, sadly.
Finally got time ordered bunch of shipping boxes to unload my GWS parts collection. Here is the rough inventory. All unbuilt. Most priced item are unopened. Don't have any hardware, only airframe parts. Note these might have some dings, as is usual for EPS foam. Some has canopy
  • E-starter new fuse+ cowl + wing/elevator/rudder ($5) + FREE new fuse
  • Beaver new fuse + wing/elevator/rudder ($5) + FREE new fuse
  • Spitfire fuse x 2 + one wing + one cowl. All for $5
  • Zero (fuse and wing, elevator+rudder): ONE silver, ONE green, $5 each
  • Corsair fuse x 4, two cowls, no stabilizers. Free if purchase other sets
  • Mustang new fuse + wing + stabilizers: $5
  • A-10 two fuses, three wings, no canopy/nacelle, one elevator, no V stab. All FREE if purchase other items.
  • Slow stick replacement wing+stabs ($5)
  • PT-17 wing/stabilizer + fuse, all new in original package ($8)
  • Formosa fuse + wing, no canopy or elevator. Free if purchase others.
Most sets are small enough so that each box can fit three airframe sets. So three items cost $20 Shipping/Handling + price. Sorry don't have time to take pictures. PMme if you have interest.
Are you going to post the prices?
Jun 15, 2019, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
Are you going to post the prices?
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...6469-GWS-parts
Jun 15, 2019, 04:39 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwen303
Thanks!
Jun 16, 2019, 06:59 AM
From this week I'm still enjoying GWS planes. Sometimes, for a quick and easy flight, it doesn't always have to be big and fast planes.
GWS Brushless Micro Slow Stick Fighting the Wind (1 min 50 sec)
Jun 16, 2019, 07:14 AM
Hiigaran member
Such a simple ship may still be one of the best parkfliers ever. Thanks for sharing a terrific vid!
Jun 16, 2019, 08:02 AM
Sokol
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeabres
From this week I'm still enjoying GWS planes. Sometimes, for a quick and easy flight, it doesn't always have to be big and fast planes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy3dSmW1upk

such a nice plane , nice post !
Jun 16, 2019, 02:21 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Nice flight! I fly the Tiger Moth very low and slow and it's very relaxing.
Jun 16, 2019, 05:57 PM
Greediest Suer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
Nice flight! I fly the Tiger Moth very low and slow and it's very relaxing.
How low? I like to fly under the lights sometimes, but I can land on a school's roof in the dark too.
Jun 17, 2019, 01:42 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron H
How low? I like to fly under the lights sometimes, but I can land on a school's roof in the dark too.
About 15~20 ft. I like to do one wheel landings, then take off again before both wheels are on the ground. I think I have pictures of that. Somewhere.
Jun 18, 2019, 08:55 PM
Registered Hoser

Don't try this in a park

My GWS 262 blowing the dust out of the fans. And, they used to call them Parkflyers
GWS ME 262 (3 min 12 sec)
Jun 18, 2019, 10:34 PM

Still many airframe sets/parts available

Just discovered that USPS gives much better postage rate and generous dimension limit for Paypal shipping. So far, my 48x10x10 Uline box ($5 each) can hold up to 4 airframe sets (fuse + wing). Still have many parts around, including airframe set for Estarter, Beaver, Zero, Spitfire and Mustang plus free parts: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...6469-GWS-parts
Jun 19, 2019, 01:31 PM
Slow is the go!
After many years of watching and weighting managed to get hold of a new in box GWS Skyhawk, this
beauty needs a pilot and I'm hoping someone out there may know what scale the GWS Scooter is?

Thank you.........

Quick Reply