Oct 23, 2011, 10:21 PM
I got mine from HK as well, but 4.7 made it smoother and easier to fly. that little waggle you are getting in your video will go away.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 23, 2011, 10:51 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Do you have a link to the interface cord you use?
Oct 23, 2011, 11:40 PM
I use AVRISP MK2 (cost almost 40 bucks shipped though) , but you can use cheaper usb isp cord from ebay. (about 10 bucks plus 10pin to 6pin adapter)

kkmulticopter flash tool is good to use. (there is a thread for this one)
Oct 24, 2011, 01:21 AM
Mark Harrison
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterInVegas
Really? The Chinese entering into a licensing agreement with anyone is hard to believe.
The KK Board is licensed free for non-commercial use. Commercial use (such as reselling) requires a license.

http://www.kkmulticopter.com/index.p...d=12&Itemid=65
Oct 24, 2011, 07:20 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Unless I am mistaken and I probably am, I was told that KK gets a royalty of some sort for using the design of this board. Like I said, I could be and probably am all wet but I did hear this from someone that keeps up on these things.
Oct 25, 2011, 01:31 PM
Hi Randall

Excellent set-up, thanks for sharing.

In an earlier reply you posted: "I've had my share of bad setups and then some. But once I understood that it's a very complex mix of the right parts, everything will fall into place."

How do you rate the Turnigy Plush 30A ESC's with the DT750 motors, using the KK board? That is what I am using, but still waiting for my radio to be able to fly my first quad. I know Centurion is a fan of the DT750 motors.
Oct 25, 2011, 05:17 PM
Suspended Account
Not engaging in this behavior anymore.
Last edited by Quad_Addict; Oct 30, 2011 at 10:05 AM.
Oct 25, 2011, 05:43 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad_Addict
"best you have flown bar none" ofcourse with crappy outdated gyros, step up your game to what really feels good out there and you will be even more "amazed"
Yea well I have flown the FY90Q and the Lotus T580 which you raved about and found them to be overpriced, wobbly pieces of junk for the most part. So I guess it's a matter of opinion, and my opinion is that for the money it outperforms both of them hands down. I don't need some overpriced board that does all my thinking and flying for me. I can do quite well enough without the frills. Sometimes less actually is more.Ya know, I even said this to a friend when I posted this thread that I wondered how long you would hold out your "expert" opinion before you shared it with the rest of us mere mortals. Now I'm wondering how long it will be before your other stepbrothers chime in.
Last edited by randall1959; Oct 25, 2011 at 05:50 PM.
Oct 25, 2011, 05:49 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by randall1959
Yea well I have flown the FY90Q and the Lotus T580 which you raved about and found them to be overpriced, wobbly pieces of junk for the most part. So I guess it's a matter of opinion, and my opinion is that for the money it outperforms both of them hands down. I don't need some overpriced board that does all my thinking and flying for me. I can do quite well enough without the frills. Sometimes less actually is more.Ya know, I even said this to a friend when I posted this thread that I wondered how long you would hold out your "expert opinion" before you shared it with the rest of us mere mortals.

P.S. no reason to be rude to me i just posted an opinion of my thought. funny you anticipated to be rude right off the bat

also my t580 was never wobbly so not sure about your comment perhaps you got a bad batch ( you just sold your free sample to buy more kk boards so what )
Last edited by Quad_Addict; Oct 30, 2011 at 10:17 AM.
Oct 25, 2011, 07:36 PM
RC beginner
lol!
Oct 25, 2011, 08:14 PM
soarkraut

new guy

Been reading along............would like to get started. Got a million questions at this point. Is there a beginners article somewhere?
Do I need a "heli" radio? will regular airplane radio work?

Pete in Lower/slower Delaware
Oct 25, 2011, 08:15 PM
regular radio is fine. no heli radio needed.
Oct 26, 2011, 03:39 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
"best you have flown bar none" ofcourse with crappy outdated gyros, step up your game to what really feels good out there and you will be even more "amazed"
whats he need to step up his game for?? and what game? who is he competing against, you? he bought a board set it up an for him the board flies just the way HE likes, wheres the problem?

people like you buy up every board on the planet rave about how brilliant it is for 20 seconds then you start posting "how do i" and "i have a problem" questions then you move on to "how crap is this" just after seeing "sold" come up in the classified section and then and i do mean AND THEN man like you does your research on the board!

whats he need your opinion for? any fool can do that!
Oct 26, 2011, 03:50 AM
Looks great Randall, out of interest, have you flown a HK KK V1 board, for comparison?

Another point to mention, if you flash these HK Quad Boards with a 'later' Quad firmware release, from KK, you should find your Quad flies EVEN smoother!

I'm running a V1 board on my Tricopter - which Ive flashed with a KK Tricopter firmware.
SO smooth - perhaps even better than an expensive ($250) Quad controller board I purchased a couple of years ago!
Oct 26, 2011, 03:50 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
kk plus out performs and cheaper
how exactly does it do that when its running the same as you would say "crappy" gyros please? and the exact same firmware can be flashed to both the HK board randal has AND the kk+ board? isnt the plus really about the fact that the KK board you promote comes with a built in power distribution ring round the outside of the board?? aka KK board PLUS power board? which makes the board the biggest kk board of the lot? also when you built your 1st kk+ board you didnt even use the power ring did you? if i remember correctly (and you and i both KNOW i remember very well thank you) your kk+posts had servo wires and a power harness you made yourself instead of using the power ring you payed for? so what was the point of you buying the kk+ again?

Quick Reply