RadJet from the KING! - Page 81 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jan 27, 2013, 06:52 AM
Registered User
harlyquin76's Avatar
Radjet 420 and Silent 3d (5 min 20 sec)


some Radjet 420 3 cell and some Silent 3d flying.
!st time with a Gopro on my head, made it a bit different.
Last edited by harlyquin76; Jan 27, 2013 at 07:07 AM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 27, 2013, 07:46 AM
Reap the wild wind
headlessagain's Avatar
What esc,pack and prop are you running on your 3S Radjet and is this on the standard motor?
Jan 27, 2013, 11:45 PM
Registered User
harlyquin76's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by headlessagain
What esc,pack and prop are you running on your 3S Radjet and is this on the standard motor?
I was going to change the esc and motor but i got lazy and just put 180mah 3s lipo in it with the standard esc motor and prop, ive flown it about 7 or 8 times with no problems tho the motor dose get rather hot.
Jan 28, 2013, 04:43 PM
Registered User
chester2240's Avatar
How fast would you say its going on 3s? Your video is working!
Jan 29, 2013, 05:20 AM
Registered User
harlyquin76's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by chester2240
How fast would you say its going on 3s? Your video is working!
its hard to say (i have no radar gun) but its very noticeable.
Jan 29, 2013, 05:52 PM
Not a newbie anymore..
skyhawk newbie's Avatar
Just ordered my RadJet from the Netherlands
cheapest place in the EU..

Thanks for shopping at our store

Your order details are:
1x #RADJET-KIT/31220 Hobbyking Radjet 800 EPO 800mm w/Motor (ARF) (NL warehouse) = $38.70
$50.51 posted
Jan 29, 2013, 06:17 PM
DJO
DJO
"Yo, that's a thermal"
DJO's Avatar
So what electronics are you putting into it? ESC? Servos?



Dan
Jan 30, 2013, 01:55 AM
Not a newbie anymore..
skyhawk newbie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO
So what electronics are you putting into it? ESC? Servos?



Dan
this lot.
Turnigy 2836 Brushless EDF Motor 3200kv
APC Prop 6x4
Turnigy MG90S Metal Gear Servo 1.8kg
TURNIGY Plush 60amp Speed Controller
Jan 30, 2013, 03:04 PM
Not a newbie anymore..
skyhawk newbie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhawk newbie
Just ordered my RadJet from the Netherlands
cheapest place in the EU..

Thanks for shopping at our store

Your order details are:
1x #RADJET-KIT/31220 Hobbyking Radjet 800 EPO 800mm w/Motor (ARF) (NL warehouse) = $38.70
$50.51 posted
Less then 10 hours and my RadJet is in the Post and on it's way to me......
Now thats I call service...

Sean
Last edited by skyhawk newbie; Jan 30, 2013 at 03:13 PM.
Jan 30, 2013, 04:12 PM
Registered User
Cid156's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhawk newbie
this lot.
Turnigy 2836 Brushless EDF Motor 3200kv
APC Prop 6x4
Turnigy MG90S Metal Gear Servo 1.8kg
TURNIGY Plush 60amp Speed Controller
Are you that the best prop ? A 5x5 seems better no ??
Jan 30, 2013, 08:21 PM
Not a newbie anymore..
skyhawk newbie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid156
Are you that the best prop ? A 5x5 seems better no ??
To be honest I'll have to wait untill I have it all set up and running...
Test with a Watt meter,

but I'd like to stick with a 6x4 prop as I use them on other models I fly..

So if any one can recommend a Hobbyking motor that will give me a good top speed running a APC 6x4 prop please let me know...

Sean
Feb 01, 2013, 01:27 AM
Registered User
harlyquin76's Avatar
I use this on 3s with my Radjet and 6x4 prop and it works really well.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ner_Motor.html
Feb 02, 2013, 02:25 PM
Not a newbie anymore..
skyhawk newbie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by harlyquin76
I use this on 3s with my Radjet and 6x4 prop and it works really well.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ner_Motor.html
Thanks . .
Feb 02, 2013, 03:12 PM
Registered User
Cid156's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhawk newbie
Thanks . .
yes but the kv is only 2200 not 3200..
You should reach 70A (drivecalculator) with your motor... it is too high
Last edited by Cid156; Feb 02, 2013 at 03:17 PM.
Feb 02, 2013, 05:09 PM
Upstanding Member
Kurt's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by harlyquin76
I use this on 3s with my Radjet and 6x4 prop and it works really well.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ner_Motor.html
+1
For <$10 (when you order with other stuff from HK to combine shipping) is a steal for this motor, and it's perfect for the Radjet on 3S with a 6x4 IMO.
I've got two of them on my dual Radjet as well.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Contest Habu 32 Speed Contest Tumbler Unlimited Class 165.2 keithtsr Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 2157 May 22, 2017 01:49 AM
Discussion RadJet from the KING! vettster Foamy EDFs 1 Jun 01, 2014 07:00 PM
Help! New ViperJet From Hobby King dviperjet Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 20 Sep 30, 2011 08:04 AM
For Sale orange rx from hobby king and orange satilite from hobby king ZEROSKIN76 Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 8 Mar 15, 2011 02:41 PM
Sold orange rx from hobby king and orange satilite from hobby king ZEROSKIN76 Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 4 Feb 21, 2011 01:06 PM