Nov 12, 2011, 09:52 PM
Augermeister
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettster
Great vid vettster ! Mine should arrive any day now. I'm mad for the rad !

-Hawk
to remove ads between posts
Nov 12, 2011, 11:08 PM
Turdoe Must Go!
Thread OP
Thanks

Do you actually fly the Hawk?
Nov 14, 2011, 10:48 AM
FireHawx
Which Hawk? I fly the HawkSky, w/clipped wings and a supersonic V2. My Rad-J is a blast. I took a ride to a larger field and really let it loose, I may get another one cause mine already looks rough, but it flys great. I have some 4S batt on the way so I can really crank it up. I also have a new 50mm T-45 on the way but I know thats for another forum...
Nov 14, 2011, 07:05 PM
Turdoe Must Go!
Thread OP
lol.. Actually my post was intended for daHawk47.

He's sitting in the Hawk in his avatar. The real one
Nov 14, 2011, 07:29 PM
FireHawx
Yeah, I thought you would get a chuckle outta that reply.....
Nov 16, 2011, 03:37 PM
RPV builder & operator
Maiden mine over the weekend. Takes a while to get on step, after that it's fine. I did manage to put it into a death spin. I just went straight up, cut the throttle, it stalled and started a flat spin all the way to the ground, no damage. The CG was at the right place, probably even forward as I ended with what I thought was a bit much reflex on the elevons. I should have brought out my Contour cam for footage, there's always next time.
Nov 16, 2011, 06:04 PM
Turdoe Must Go!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Audette
Maiden mine over the weekend. Takes a while to get on step, after that it's fine. I did manage to put it into a death spin. I just went straight up, cut the throttle, it stalled and started a flat spin all the way to the ground, no damage. The CG was at the right place, probably even forward as I ended with what I thought was a bit much reflex on the elevons. I should have brought out my Contour cam for footage, there's always next time.
LOL.. I did the exact same thing! It really doesnt like to have the power cut when going vertical. I fixed mine in 15min. No biggy Im wondering if adding full throttle while in the death spin, would have pulled it out of it.

I moved my CG back 10mm. It flys and launches much better now. I think it could actually go back to 15mm from stock.
Last edited by vettster; Nov 16, 2011 at 06:07 PM. Reason: ham and cheese on rye
Nov 16, 2011, 10:59 PM
RPV builder & operator
I think I might extend the fins on the underside of the wing. That should help with the spin, since there isn't much vertical surface under there.
Nov 17, 2011, 06:03 PM
Turdoe Must Go!
Thread OP
good idea! Let us know how the test goes.
Nov 17, 2011, 07:33 PM
"Im wondering if adding full throttle while in the death spin, would have pulled it out of it."

Thats what I do with my FJ and strykerC. Go WOT and point the nose down to regain airspeed, but if you don't have enough altitude it's best to just let it come down flat rather than try and end up nosing in.
Nov 20, 2011, 12:22 PM
Pony Express
Guys - stupid question. How does the prop go on? It's very loose. Does it need a little pursuasion to get it to stay?
Nov 20, 2011, 12:52 PM
Turdoe Must Go!
Thread OP
Thats interesting? Should'nt be loose at all. Mine just slid right on with very little play.
Nov 20, 2011, 03:43 PM
Pony Express

RadJet

The prop is not loose side to side. It just seems too easy to pull off. I'm concerned it will slide off during flight. I've attached a pic. Does yours have the same gap between the motor and the prop?
Nov 21, 2011, 10:01 AM
RPV builder & operator
My prop adapter was loose too. I had to put some CA on the shaft to secure it.

Tried some taped on sub-fins as an experiment, although I didn't try to put it into a spin to see if they helped at all.
radjet_0001.wmv (1 min 29 sec)
Last edited by Pierre Audette; Nov 21, 2011 at 01:06 PM.
Nov 21, 2011, 06:26 PM
Turdoe Must Go!
Thread OP
good vid! but it doesnt count...You never took it up for the Death Spiral

Quick Reply