Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Mar 06, 2012, 06:06 AM
Diverted by planks
tracknoob's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiko
You know I was just thinking, this might be the perfect plane to place a gyro or some type of flight stabilization device on.

Just a thought..

-mike-
I dunno -- I've got planes that do a lot more wacky stuff -- difficult to manage in roll axis, exhibit Dutch roll tendency, difficult ground handing, etc, that I would be much more included to throw a gyro onto than this guy.

I find it is about as stable and well-mannered a plane as I could imagine, EXCEPT for that death spiral thing, and I don't think a gyro could help that a bit.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 08, 2012, 02:26 PM
fly and then fly some more!
nickelbn1's Avatar
Three weeks now and still no radjet....grrrrrr. Stinking hk!
Mar 08, 2012, 02:50 PM
Registered User
Airdog67's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbn1
Three weeks now and still no radjet....grrrrrr. Stinking hk!
I'm on 5
Mar 08, 2012, 03:46 PM
Flying High Again!
Triptykon's Avatar
For Sale

Hobbyking Radjet 800 EPO 800mm (PNF)

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1609924
Last edited by Triptykon; Mar 08, 2012 at 06:30 PM.
Mar 08, 2012, 03:53 PM
fly and then fly some more!
nickelbn1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdog67
I'm on 5
Five weeks??? Holy cow. Was it on backorder when you ordered it?
Mar 08, 2012, 06:01 PM
Registered User
Airdog67's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbn1
Five weeks??? Holy cow. Was it on backorder when you ordered it?
Nope, in stock. It took 3 weeks for them to process and ship out and it's been another 2 weeks and still no DH- 100 vampire or radjet. I'm pretty sure I got caught up in whole Chinese new year deal.
Mar 08, 2012, 07:28 PM
Diverted by planks
tracknoob's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdog67
Nope, in stock. It took 3 weeks for them to process and ship out and it's been another 2 weeks and still no DH- 100 vampire or radjet. I'm pretty sure I got caught up in whole Chinese new year deal.
Yup, on their support page they claim they are just now working off the backlog... who knows.

BTW, one of the guys at the field has the vampire, and although it took him a couple of crashes to figure it out (IIRC, might have been wildly wrong CG in instructions?), man he has that thing flying sweet now. Even though it's an EDF, it's design gives it a terrific glide rate with power off. So check out the HK comments on their site, as well as any info here, for possible tips, before you do a maiden with it.
Mar 08, 2012, 09:06 PM
Registered User
Airdog67's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob
Yup, on their support page they claim they are just now working off the backlog... who knows.

BTW, one of the guys at the field has the vampire, and although it took him a couple of crashes to figure it out (IIRC, might have been wildly wrong CG in instructions?), man he has that thing flying sweet now. Even though it's an EDF, it's design gives it a terrific glide rate with power off. So check out the HK comments on their site, as well as any info here, for possible tips, before you do a maiden with it.
Thanks tracknoob, I've already read the 100+ pages on the vampire thread. I should be ready to do some slight mods if it ever gets here.
Mar 09, 2012, 04:15 AM
Registered User
HK have a new stock of it! I've just bought one for me eheheheh
Mar 09, 2012, 08:28 AM
Registered User
Two questions, can i use 5 min epoxy on it??

How do you add the carbon rod, just push it thru the foam? Or drill the foam (dremel) and glue it?
Mar 09, 2012, 10:18 AM
fly and then fly some more!
nickelbn1's Avatar
Airdog, when you track yours, what is the last thing it shows??
Mar 09, 2012, 12:32 PM
Diverted by planks
tracknoob's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunoD
Two questions, can i use 5 min epoxy on it??

How do you add the carbon rod, just push it thru the foam? Or drill the foam (dremel) and glue it?
30 min is better, but yeah, 5 min epoxy will do fine.

When I mount my carbon reenforcing rods, what I do is make sure to cut off the measured length of the rod at a 45 degree angle, using my razor saw. That makes for a nice sharp point to use for prodding the rod carefully through the foam. No need to drill or otherwise mess around; the carbon rod itself does the work.
Mar 09, 2012, 03:16 PM
Registered User
Airdog67's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbn1
Airdog, when you track yours, what is the last thing it shows??
BSKT862 JIT ARRIVED IN WAHLOK @Feb 27 2012 5:07PM
BOX862 JIT OFF TRUCK @Feb 29 2012 6:26PM
This is pretty vague. Looks like its off the boat and on dry land in the states. Hopefully I will get it in the next few days
Mar 09, 2012, 03:38 PM
fly and then fly some more!
nickelbn1's Avatar
Mine doesn't even say its arrived anywhere. Just says it was handed over to airline on 3/1
Mar 09, 2012, 03:48 PM
Registered User
Airdog67's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbn1
Mine doesn't even say its arrived anywhere. Just says it was handed over to airline on 3/1
Did you look on hk website. I had to log in, and enter the order number to get my info


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Contest Habu 32 Speed Contest Tumbler Unlimited Class 165.2 keithtsr Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 2157 May 22, 2017 12:49 AM
Discussion RadJet from the KING! vettster Foamy EDFs 1 Jun 01, 2014 06:00 PM
Help! New ViperJet From Hobby King dviperjet Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 20 Sep 30, 2011 07:04 AM
For Sale orange rx from hobby king and orange satilite from hobby king ZEROSKIN76 Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 8 Mar 15, 2011 01:41 PM
Sold orange rx from hobby king and orange satilite from hobby king ZEROSKIN76 Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 4 Feb 21, 2011 12:06 PM