May 30, 2019, 02:17 PM
FireHawx
Yeah, 3-4 min as you state above is right. You are only using a 1000mah pack, have you run it up on a watt meter? This will give you the info need. Maybe a 5x5 prop may reduce your power consumption (maybe).
to remove ads between posts
Aug 07, 2019, 05:54 AM
Go Sabres!
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/h-king-r...L,B21IW,3A31,1

Guess who's back, back again...
Aug 08, 2019, 10:44 AM
foamies never die
Quote:
Originally Posted by savall21
Yes ! - apart from some enthusiastic wording & new colour scheme, it appears to be exactly the same.
Aug 08, 2019, 11:50 AM

RadJet

good idea from HK to bring back the RadJet, awesome little plane, funny thing is i just finished the mod of my version II....after crashing my first one...so glad its back in the shop

RadJet 800 v2 Budesluftwaffe mod video (10 min 40 sec)
Aug 12, 2019, 05:10 AM
Yes back again... but at a premium!
61!!!!!!
Aug 13, 2019, 03:11 PM
they were about $30 at some point, now $$$
Aug 19, 2019, 07:51 PM
I just got the new pink radjet put togather. if the balance point is just in front of the finger holes then the new one balances out with a 2200mah in it.
Aug 20, 2019, 10:59 AM
So as I did not own the original radjet I'm wondering if it had a spar as I read lots of people adding one to it for hot set up.
Aug 29, 2019, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 57sailplane
So as I did not own the original radjet I'm wondering if it had a spar as I read lots of people adding one to it for hot set up.
No Spar on the originals
Aug 29, 2019, 07:44 AM
well,

good news the new one has a 5mm spar tube with a bigger on that it slide threw in the fuse.

I flew the new one a few times now with original motor and a 2200mah 3s pack that slid right in. it flys pretty well with battery all the way back. this puts the cg as per instructions. but comes in pretty fast on landing. to get it to slow on landing I added an ounce to the tail which made the jet spiral on a yank so I had to trim less elevator. I got here dialed in pretty well now and should fly great when I add the bigger motor then I can remove the weight in back.

later Andrew K
Last edited by 57sailplane; Aug 29, 2019 at 07:49 AM.
Aug 29, 2019, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 57sailplane
well,

good news the new one has a 5mm spar tube with a bigger on that it slide threw in the fuse.

I flew the new one a few times now with original motor and a 2200mah 3s pack that slid right in. it flys pretty well with battery all the way back. this puts the cg as per instructions. but comes in pretty fast on landing. to get it to slow on landing I added an ounce to the tail which made the jet spiral on a yank so I had to trim less elevator. I got here dialed in pretty well now and should fly great when I add the bigger motor then I can remove the weight in back.

later Andrew K
What are your throws set like now? I have a brand new original ready to maiden and would like it close.
Aug 29, 2019, 07:17 PM
man,

I just took the knife to her, gutted the esc and motor so it may be a little bit before I get the throws.

I'm putting a 100 amp esc and a himax 3614 2900kv in it. should make this thing a beast..
Aug 29, 2019, 08:45 PM
Any aircraft - and way more so on Flying Wings - have exponentially worse Stall behaviour as the CofG is moved more rearwards. That has nothing to do with being "Tail Heavy".... just ANY amount Tail Heavier is worse.
The manner it allows an aircraft to rotate once stalled is just much worse.

Then a Flying Wing.... no real longitudinal stability at the best of times, can become really in trouble when stalled. Which tend to be into a spiral. And then can become a 'locked in spiral' very easily = impossible to recover.

So that is the risk you take if you head Tail Heavier - than any value less Tail Heavier you had.
And as mentioned - MUCH worse outcomes in Flying Wings than in 'normal' tailed aircraft designs!

I haven't flown my Radjets is a LONG time.. but I fly them a bit Nose Heavier (than manual listed recommendation), and have no issue landing slow enough with a reasonable AoA to allow that.
I guess some of that has to be linked the Elevon throws - though I do not have anything special (greater) set on those.
Mine are also HEAVY... one a 3S 2200 and the other a 4S 1800... both with larger motors/ESCs etc.
You also more or less WANT them to 'skate along' on a landing - a bit at least - rather than an ending 'drop' anyway.

Quick Reply