View Poll Results: Which programmers are you using
AVRisp mkII 14 23.73%
usbasp 34 57.63%
mySmartUSB light 4 6.78%
USBtiny 8 13.56%
other 2 3.39%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Feb 14, 2012, 04:13 PM
Just tried CG changes on both , same result?
to remove ads between posts
Feb 17, 2012, 03:55 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
Wondering if someone might be able to help me.

I'm using an USBasp.

I'm getting the following error:

C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff\My Documents\Tricopter\kkmulticopterflashtool_0.53\li b\avrdude\windows\avrdude.exe -C C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff\My Documents\Tricopter\kkmulticopterflashtool_0.53\li b\avrdude\windows\avrdude.conf -p m168p -P usb -c usbasp -B 8 -e -U lfuse:w:0xe2:m -U hfuse:w:0xde:m
avrdude.exe: error: could not find USB device with vid=0x16c0 pid=0x5dc vendor='www.fischl.de' product='USBasp'

avrdude.exe done. Thank you.

Error during setting the fuses.
Flashing of firmware aborted.

Any ideas?
Feb 17, 2012, 03:59 PM
Master of Flash
Thread OP
Is it this programmer?

Then you should use usbasp-clone not usbasp. It is the xwopen usbasp clone that was for long time not supported.

Christian
Feb 17, 2012, 04:26 PM
No, mine is the betemcu USBasp..

Looks like this, without the reset button on top..

I've tried to use it as both a clone and usbasp..
Feb 17, 2012, 04:36 PM
Master of Flash
Thread OP
Then your driver is not properly installed. Have you downloaded the driver from fischl.de?

Best Christian
Feb 17, 2012, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyZero
Then your driver is not properly installed. Have you downloaded the driver from fischl.de?

Best Christian
I have, but I'll try again.

When I attempt to update from the fischl.de drivers, windows tells me that it cannot find "better drivers than what are already installed."
Feb 17, 2012, 04:40 PM
Master of Flash
Thread OP
Just check if it is ready in device manager.
Feb 17, 2012, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Just check if it is ready in device manager.
Funny you should mention that.. I just went to device manager to update the drivers and found "USBasp" clicked out of the window to download the drivers again, clicked back into device manager and it's gone...

*EDIT*

When I remove the pins from the board of the HK KK board, "libusb-win32-devices" shows up in device manager.
When I plug the pins back onto the board of the HK KK board, this choice disappears.. ???
Last edited by Tram; Feb 17, 2012 at 04:57 PM.
Feb 20, 2012, 11:36 PM
I am getting the following error on 3 different computers..

Can anyone tell me what the issue might be? I've installed drivers on two Win 7 and 1 Win XP box..

C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff\My Documents\Tricopter\kkmulticopterflashtool_0.53\li b\avrdude\windows\avrdude.exe -C C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff\My Documents\Tricopter\kkmulticopterflashtool_0.53\li b\avrdude\windows\avrdude.conf -p m168p -P usb -c usbasp -B 8 -e -U lfuse:w:0xe2:m -U hfuse:w:0xde:m
avrdude.exe: error: could not find USB device with vid=0x16c0 pid=0x5dc vendor='www.fischl.de' product='USBasp'
Feb 20, 2012, 11:59 PM
Master of Flash
Thread OP
Hi,

Looks like you don't have a USBasp. Please try USBasp-clone, if that also doesn't work you can also post a photo or like of the programmer.

Christian
Feb 21, 2012, 01:27 AM
Quote:
Hi,

Looks like you don't have a USBasp. Please try USBasp-clone, if that also doesn't work you can also post a photo or like of the programmer.

Christian
I've tried all sorts of things. I'm starting to wonder if my programmer is bad.

Are any lights supposed to come on? I only get any lights when I leave pin 10 unconnected from the HK KK board. That is also the only time the computer shows the device under device manager, however, I still get an error when I try and flash with it unplugged.

This is the programmer I have.
Feb 21, 2012, 01:58 AM
Master of Flash
Thread OP
You try to use it with the 10 pin header or do you use an adapter?
Feb 21, 2012, 02:06 AM
Quote:
You try to use it with the 10 pin header or do you use an adapter?
I used the following tutorial to make my own adapter out of 2 servo adapters -
http://rcexplorer.se/Educational/HKKK/HKKK.html

I assume my wires are ok. I can make the computer "see" and then "not see" the unit in device driver.

What is confusing me, is that with all 6 pins connected to the 10 pin adapter, the computer will not see the adapter as being there. If I unplug the pin in hole 10 or ground, the computer will see the USPasp in device driver. Plug pin back in hole 10 and it disappears??
Feb 21, 2012, 02:14 AM
Master of Flash
Thread OP
So when you un-plug the white one at the bottom the usbasp is in device manager?
It looks like you mirrored the instruction of David. The image he posted is the view from top not from the hole side.

Christian
Feb 21, 2012, 02:23 AM
Yes, when I unplug the pin, the device shows up in manager, yet will not flash. When I plug the pin back in, it disappears from manager and will not flash.

Quick Reply