Oct 21, 2011, 08:21 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

dx8 or new dx7s

I can't decide to wait for new dx7s. It is not in the shelves in my local hooby shop. What do you suggest ? I learned that dx8 menu is diffucult and useless, is that true ? Or should I buy it ? I can't decide.
Is there a new advatage of new dx7s ?

Thanks.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 21, 2011, 11:47 AM
Why don't you download the manual are read them yourself.

I have the old JR7202 (really mostly the same as a DX7) and it took a good while to get used to the jargon and the manual presentation. I've read quite a few different manuals and IMO they are all pretty worthless when you are new to the material. They'll tell you in basic terms WHAT you can do but not give you a clue WHY you might every want to do it.
Oct 21, 2011, 12:24 PM
Thread OP
what do you think about the dx8 using with the gliders ? is it suitable ?
Oct 22, 2011, 09:32 PM
The original dx7 was a re-branded JR 7202, actually made by JR and sold by spektrum as part of a license deal. That license deal no longer exists so spektrum had to come up with their own 7-channel TX. The dx7s is actually just a dx8 with one channel removed so you might as wll just go ahead and get the dx8.
Oct 23, 2011, 06:29 AM
7s also doesn't have the backlit screen which I really like on the 8.

Gord.
Oct 24, 2011, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackswans
I learned that dx8 menu is diffucult and useless, is that true ?
It takes a bit of getting used to, but I would not say that it is difficult and definitely not useless. It is certainly much more capable than my DX6i, which I started out with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flypaper 2
7s also doesn't have the backlit screen which I really like on the 8.
That is a big plus for me. It can be a pain to read my DX6i screen, since it isn't backlit.

Another thing to consider is that the DX8 has been out for awhile. The DX7s is new. It may take awhile for Spektrum to work out the kinks.
Oct 25, 2011, 01:00 PM
Foam flogger
Dx8 menu is not useless. Many feel it's much easier than the Dx6i.

If you're going to be flying mainly sailplanes you might want to look at a different TX. It's not really designed to be sailplane TX as much as say the Aurora9.
Oct 26, 2011, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flydiver
Why don't you download the manual are read them yourself.

I have the old JR7202 (really mostly the same as a DX7) and it took a good while to get used to the jargon and the manual presentation. I've read quite a few different manuals and IMO they are all pretty worthless when you are new to the material. They'll tell you in basic terms WHAT you can do but not give you a clue WHY you might every want to do it.
Ironic, in as much as your radio would be even better for sail planes..
Oct 27, 2011, 07:24 PM
Overall ..... buy a bit more txmtr than you think you'll use/need. NO ONE (!) has ever said "jeeeez, I need fewer channels!" If 5 is OK, get a DX6i .... for example.
Oct 28, 2011, 12:01 AM
Expo is built into my thumbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrhardy
Overall ..... buy a bit more txmtr than you think you'll use/need. NO ONE (!) has ever said "jeeeez, I need fewer channels!" If 5 is OK, get a DX6i .... for example.
I agree completely. I thought I would never need more than five channels and most of my planes are three channels. I have better than a dozen different flying wings. I have a couple of planes that are seven channels though. So far I haven't used up all 9 channels on my radio.
Oct 28, 2011, 12:18 AM
Thread OP
I bought the DX8 and diamond 2500

Quick Reply