"WOT NEXT" a 34" span depron Aileron trainer/sport model - Page 9 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Nov 17, 2011, 02:45 PM
who put that tree there
dazza44's Avatar
this is one of the easiest explained builds with great pics to help..
no need for any thing else..

and flies as good as well..
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 17, 2011, 07:23 PM
Registered User
VoyagerXll's Avatar
I agree with what others have said about the ease of building this plane with the plans given. It very easy to draw straight lines of the given dimensions then cut them out and glue everthing together. Once that is all done and the electronics are in one will have one of the nicest flying planes to park in your hangar
Thanks again for the plans.
Nov 17, 2011, 11:28 PM
Registered User
mrexcel's Avatar
I asked whether has anyone created tiled plans, not because I cannot build this model by looking at the build log. I was trying to create some tiled plans if none has done it so far. Having tiled plans, gives you the flexibility of rescaling the model for various power setups with ease. I personally believe having tiled plans are always better than not having them at all.
Nov 18, 2011, 01:07 AM
Registered User
how much's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrexcel
I asked whether has anyone created tiled plans, not because I cannot build this model by looking at the build log. I was trying to create some tiled plans if none has done it so far. Having tiled plans, gives you the flexibility of rescaling the model for various power setups with ease. I personally believe having tiled plans are always better than not having them at all.
mrexcel
a valid point regarding having a CAD file for the "wot-next" it would allow scaling the model size up/down to suit a particular power set-up. though it will fly with quite a wide range of motors as it is.

if anyone wants to draw it up please feel free to do so!

David
Nov 18, 2011, 03:21 AM
Registered User
domll's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by how much
mrexcel
a valid point regarding having a CAD file for the "wot-next" it would allow scaling the model size up/down to suit a particular power set-up. though it will fly with quite a wide range of motors as it is.

if anyone wants to draw it up please feel free to do so!

David
Okay, here are some Sketchup drawings i've done, should be self explanatory.
If someone could 'Pdf' them that would be grand.
Last edited by domll; Nov 18, 2011 at 08:08 AM.
Nov 18, 2011, 09:23 AM
Vertical approach specialist
potshot's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by domll
Okay, here are some Sketchup drawings i've done, should be self explanatory.
If someone could 'Pdf' them that would be grand.
If you'll export those to DXF, I'll make AutoCAD and PDF versions.
Nov 18, 2011, 03:07 PM
Registered User
domll's Avatar
Here's the DXF zipped file.
Nov 18, 2011, 05:11 PM
Vertical approach specialist
potshot's Avatar
Thanks, domll. The AutoCAD .dwg is in the Zip file.

Edit: Files updated 26 Nov. 2012
Last edited by potshot; Nov 26, 2012 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Updated files
Nov 19, 2011, 02:51 AM
Registered User
how much's Avatar
Dom, Potshot

many many thanks for sorting the plan to CAD.. nice job!

i will move them up to the begining of the thread

David
Nov 19, 2011, 03:17 AM
Registered User
mrexcel's Avatar
Wonderful stuff!
Nov 19, 2011, 03:18 AM
Registered User
mrexcel's Avatar
I am going to build a version using a CD-ROM motor.
Nov 19, 2011, 11:41 AM
Registered User
mrexcel's Avatar
I just completed a 24.8" inch model. Power system is HK 10 gram motor (1811-2000). I am planning to test fly this tomorrow morning with our regular flying session. Will post some videos and photos tomorrow.
Nov 20, 2011, 12:10 AM
Vertical approach specialist
potshot's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrexcel
I just completed a 24.8" inch model. Power system is HK 10 gram motor (1811-2000). I am planning to test fly this tomorrow morning with our regular flying session. Will post some videos and photos tomorrow.
Sounds good. I've had that in mind for a while. What thickness of foam, and how much does it weigh all up? Looking forward to the video and fight report.
Nov 20, 2011, 01:40 AM
Registered User
mrexcel's Avatar
I test flew it in the morning. It flew from the first launch itself. I will post a video of it here soon.

The AUW came to 115 grams with a 450mah 2S Lipo. Plenty of power. Great model.
Nov 20, 2011, 01:41 AM
Registered User
mrexcel's Avatar
I did a small mod though. I used a mono block for the motor.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted Wot Trainer St3v3 Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Sep 29, 2011 09:06 AM
Discussion Trainer with aileron depron plan please... luconedj Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 1 Apr 27, 2010 03:47 PM
Discussion Next model after aileron trainer? norite Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 10 Jun 28, 2006 03:53 PM
Help! Next plane?....Need aileron trainer--- TurkeyTx Parkflyers 8 Feb 15, 2006 11:40 PM
Dandy Sport - aileron Trainer CoClimber Parkflyers 143 Apr 16, 2003 08:34 PM