Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Old Oct 25, 2001, 08:06 PM
Find More Posts by corey

f-15

Does anyone know where to get plans for a small f-15 [or kit]? I have always wanted to build one but could never find a small one! Any help would be great!
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2001, 09:28 PM
Find More Posts by Ed Waldrep
Nick Ziroli designed one years ago for a 5 inch slimer fan. It had a bulge in the middle of it to hid the fan, kinda ugly.

Kress Jets has a kit if they still sell it. Not sure how scale it is.

There's also the Combat Models F-15 that's designed for a .45 sized pusher. It's made of foam. It should be able to take two 3 inch fan units but it would take lots of modifications to fit the fans. Plus, the manufacturer hasn't made any new kits and a while and they are hard to find.

As far as an EDF sized F-15 I don't recall seeing one except for the one that Kevin Cox built for a midi fan. It was being discussed here about a year or so ago. No plans available for that one.
Old Oct 25, 2001, 09:44 PM
Find More Posts by corey
Thanks for the info, I was thinking of one for the midi fan because it seems popular and widely used...now why doesn't anyone make a small f-15...this jet rocks!
Old Oct 26, 2001, 12:27 AM
Find More Posts by Haldor
EDF Head
I think Kevin Cox also did F15 for single and twin 480Minifan - dont think he have plans for it though...
Old Oct 26, 2001, 10:26 AM
Find More Posts by JasonJ
Dude, where's My Plane?
I suppose the F-15 besides being an older jet, is not dones as much because the real one is a big long and wide jet with stubby wings, so it dose not seem to favor EDF on a small scale. Less draggy jets like the F-16 seem a better choice for singel fan. But then again Kevin is the man to make it work. Check out his F-18 kit or plans. Its a good starting point to learn from and then you could adapt the build style to your owen F-15 .
I have seen some f-15 kits but they look more like tornados or lawn darts than real F-15s .
Old Oct 26, 2001, 11:13 AM
Find More Posts by corey
Does kevin have a web page?
Old Oct 26, 2001, 11:18 AM
Find More Posts by Ed Waldrep
Yes he did post some info on the jet on his page, I bookmarked it.

http://hometown.aol.com//kcox854272/f15.html
Old Oct 26, 2001, 01:12 PM
Find More Posts by motorhead
I have been designing a F-15 for the KY fan. I am using similar building tecniques as kevin did for his F-18. Right now I have the plans drawn up and some of the wood. It is on hold right now while I kit one of my slope planes to increase my hobby funds. I hope to start cutting wood soon.
Mike