Nov 23, 2011, 06:09 PM
70 is the new 50
Other than my faux pas with the camera box all is going well. Here's what it looks like now - the next step will be to apply the Loctite spray adhesive and apply the 3mm laminate film.

Going through the thread once again I noticed that CK specified a good motor/prop combo so I'm ordering a Hacker A30-10L...looks like a great choice. Any comments regarding this before I drop the coin?

TIA,

-bob
Last edited by bobthenuke; Nov 24, 2011 at 11:57 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 24, 2011, 11:53 AM
Team Basement-RC

Shipping update?

Any updates on shipping Chris? You mentioned USPS would send tracking #'s to international customers. I haven't received anything (Canada) so thought I'd ask to see how things are going bTW, I am invoice #279

Thanks, as you can see, we're all chomping at the bit here...
Nov 24, 2011, 12:03 PM
never mind the boll⁣⁣⁣ocks
bob you are going 3s rite? That motor is good on 4s with 10x6 so 3s you might try a 11x6. Could be good i reckon, just make sure it doesn't over amp
Nov 24, 2011, 01:32 PM
Blu-Core is my friend
Quote:
Originally Posted by odam2k
Any updates on shipping Chris? You mentioned USPS would send tracking #'s to international customers. I haven't received anything (Canada) so thought I'd ask to see how things are going bTW, I am invoice #279

Thanks, as you can see, we're all chomping at the bit here...
I will e-mail you when I get mine I have #276

Later,
Gundy
Nov 24, 2011, 02:33 PM
70 is the new 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by brosius85
bob you are going 3s rite? That motor is good on 4s with 10x6 so 3s you might try a 11x6. Could be good i reckon, just make sure it doesn't over amp
According to the chart Hacker recommends only 3S but I'm far from an expert on motor/power/prop combinations when it comes to electric. It seems that whenever I step out of the bounds problems occurr.

I'm planning on 3S (just ordered the batteries this morning) and hadn't figured a prop yet. I have a biplane with one of these Hackers in it now and I fly with a 3S and 11-something prop and it'll climb forever. I just don't count on using full power for anything but maybe takeoff and the occasional crazy stuff.

Thanks so much for the heads-up!

-bob
Nov 24, 2011, 03:10 PM
MK3
MK3
Aerial Loitering
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthenuke
According to the chart Hacker recommends only 3S but I'm far from an expert on motor/power/prop combinations when it comes to electric. It seems that whenever I step out of the bounds problems occurr.

I'm planning on 3S (just ordered the batteries this morning) and hadn't figured a prop yet. I have a biplane with one of these Hackers in it now and I fly with a 3S and 11-something prop and it'll climb forever. I just don't count on using full power for anything but maybe takeoff and the occasional crazy stuff.

Thanks so much for the heads-up!

-bob
A 4S and hacker a30-10l works just fine, I put it on my skywalker and gave it a good beating. It's a great motor and very resilient
Nov 24, 2011, 05:24 PM
MultiRotor Jedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgpilot
A 4S and hacker a30-10l works just fine, I put it on my skywalker and gave it a good beating. It's a great motor and very resilient
I have this setup on the first Zephyr, with a 4,000mah 4cell. Last week i was doing a dive straight down...160mph +...
Then a little vibration, then some fluttering then flapping... result. Lost new GoPro2 bummer!!

So yeah, you wanna go fast that motor with a 10x6 folding cam prop and a 4cell will rip the wings off... literally

Simon
Nov 24, 2011, 05:52 PM
TREES!!! Ouch!!!
got mine last night and starting the build today should be dun by saterday im waiting on servos
Ritewing Zephyr 2 ZII build (1 min 51 sec)
sub to follow the build
Nov 24, 2011, 09:39 PM
I buy a zephyrrrrrr II !!!! Uhuuuu
I am just wainting to see the building process to learn until my wing dont came. But, the some questions:

I dont have the locktite 200 in brazil, and i think its kind a problem to import. With adhesive spray could i use?

I really want to use vinyl or similar, if i do, i have to do before the lam, right? I should use vinyl, monokote, econokote, what is best for foam?

I bought from chris de 1300kv combo. I already bought a folding and 10x6 props. I read here some guys saying that is the config for 4s (i will use 3s). This is will work well on 3s?

I know thats not a specific question for the zII, but i am looking for a good osd with rth to use with the wing. Range video is a good choice ? I didn find a thread explains how the rth works on wings.
Nov 24, 2011, 09:46 PM
TREES!!! Ouch!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavovon
I buy a zephyrrrrrr II !!!! Uhuuuu
I am just wainting to see the building process to learn until my wing dont came. But, the some questions:

I dont have the locktite 200 in brazil, and i think its kind a problem to import. With adhesive spray could i use?

I really want to use vinyl or similar, if i do, i have to do before the lam, right? I should use vinyl, monokote, econokote, what is best for foam?

I bought from chris de 1300kv combo. I already bought a folding and 10x6 props. I read here some guys saying that is the config for 4s (i will use 3s). This is will work well on 3s?

I know thats not a specific question for the zII, but i am looking for a good osd with rth to use with the wing. Range video is a good choice ? I didn find a thread explains how the rth works on wings.
yes the 1300kv system will work on 3 cells but you might need to prop up...
im going to be runing 9x7.5 and 10x7 on 4 cells
Last edited by ROCKY2; Nov 24, 2011 at 11:11 PM.
Nov 24, 2011, 10:13 PM
Mum is the word!

spray adhesive.

You guys can use a lite coats of lockite 200 or 3m77 ,I would not use 3m 90 as the pre lam adhesive. It doesn't spray smooth and is heavy with solvents. I have also used the elmers spray adhesive with great results.
Nov 24, 2011, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klique
You guys can use a lite coats of lockite 200 or 3m77 ,I would not use 3m 90 as the pre lam adhesive. It doesn't spray smooth and is heavy with solvents. I have also used the elmers spray adhesive with great results.
Chris, what prop you recomend for your combo, i already bought some 10x6 for folding ?

3m77 is easy to find here. I will get the same result as locktite?

Rocky2, what is your guess for prop with my config?
Nov 24, 2011, 10:56 PM
Mum is the word!
Yes Gus the 10 6 will be fine 3 m 77 will work great too.
Quote:
Chris, what prop you recomend for your combo, i already bought some 10x6 for folding ?

Nov 24, 2011, 11:12 PM
TREES!!! Ouch!!!
Quote:

10x6 will be okay but if you need more power go to a 11x6
Nov 25, 2011, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonx
what do you think of this AXI on the new zephyer ?what prop os suggested for 4S lipo ? and for 3S ?
Please help guys, the ZII will need a motor