Feb 03, 2013, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorAudio View Post
Don't forget the ferrite cores.
More than 12" long I use two!
Ferrite on the servo wires? I hear that twisted wires do the trick for servos.
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...8-31DCA0EB5601

Pablo.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 04, 2013, 09:14 AM
Some call me the other guy!
Ferrite do a great job at reducing the noise on the line.
Twisted wires is a way to filter out noise between to devices.
Feb 04, 2013, 09:23 AM
Aerial DP

We had been working outside, was flying the zii over the hanger, but the stupid wind was howling, it was making unusable footage. The ss invited us in and threw my multi rotor at it......
Feb 04, 2013, 02:48 PM
Cool!
Feb 04, 2013, 03:43 PM
Aerial DP
the day before that my friend was being interviewed for the superman viral video by Inside Edition..... i raided the place and setup RITEWING lettered planes all over the place. It had to be on some part of it........ Took the producers on a FPV ride with the zxl nex5 rig..... chicks always giggle, it's hot
Feb 04, 2013, 04:10 PM
Aerial DP
Feb 04, 2013, 04:41 PM
TREES!!! Ouch!!!
ZXR First FPV Flight (3 min 55 sec)
Feb 04, 2013, 05:46 PM
Mum is the word!
Thread OP
That Damn thing is so unstable Rocky!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKY2 View Post
Feb 04, 2013, 05:55 PM
TREES!!! Ouch!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by klique View Post
That Damn thing is so unstable Rocky!!
i know man i have tried everything
Feb 04, 2013, 07:21 PM
I Toast Planes
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablojaime View Post
I must say it's not "my" idea , but it's 1.5mm or 2mm copper wire. the wire don't need to be too much rigid, important is the heat that the soldering can produce, if you have good heat, the copper will cut the foam like butter.. and the copper wire will not bend during work.

Pablo.
Awesome! I cant wait to give that a try. Here I have been hacking away at the foam with a razor like a neanderthal.
Feb 04, 2013, 07:33 PM
I Toast Planes
Where do you guys suggest I put my batteries? As it is right now my Z is nose heavy and thats without my go pro and FPV camera. My current setup is in the photo.
Feb 04, 2013, 10:19 PM
Aka... Chris Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakon View Post
Where do you guys suggest I put my batteries? As it is right now my Z is nose heavy and thats without my go pro and FPV camera. My current setup is in the photo.
My suggestions.... Build a lite ply battery box and run 2x 3000-3300s. Without a battery box the Z isn't going to last very long without getting battered and soft.
Have you covered the whole wing in lam under the black film? The weight of lam generally moves cg back.

No lam = crap Zed.
Feb 04, 2013, 11:28 PM
I Toast Planes
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutBag View Post
My suggestions.... Build a lite ply battery box and run 2x 3000-3300s. Without a battery box the Z isn't going to last very long without getting battered and soft.
Have you covered the whole wing in lam under the black film? The weight of lam generally moves cg back.

No lam = crap Zed.
I've been meaning to build one of those boxes but I am trying to figure out where I would put it. And yes theres lam under the black film. But still if I put the box where the batteries are now I still should come out nose heavy. I dont think there is any way to slide them back any more then where they are now. Do people move them into the wings instead of the bay?
Feb 05, 2013, 01:03 AM
i think the extra 1400 mah is the problem. I have one of my z's with wing cut batts. I had it fully built and ready to fly and then laid the batteries on and cut right where they were perfect cg. Worked out great and it flies well. Havent crashed it yet tho lol. It has a plywood batt base aswell in the center where my rvosd is
Feb 05, 2013, 04:06 AM
Aka... Chris Graham
You could build a box and cut/move it back into the rear bay some more.
The box will be stronger than the bit if foam currently there and support the wing halves very well if made correctly, just have to watch the thickness.

Leaves you less fpv gear room but that should be out in the wings for separation anyhow

Chris.

Quick Reply