Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:39 AM
elliott000 is offline
Find More Posts by elliott000
Registered User
Heres kloners build thread on it,
http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?t=6952
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:48 AM
elliott000 is offline
Find More Posts by elliott000
Registered User
Kloner, are you huckin it for launch or bungee?
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:36 AM
Kloner is offline
Find More Posts by Kloner
Aerial DP
That is the ZXL nex5 build. I just posted pics of building it in this thread, looks like this

http://rchelicollective.com/zen/kloner/zxl/zxl%20nex-5/

When you power up holding it's nose, you just roll your arm over your head and let go. it has unlimited vertical, 6s power but not real fast. Think Jim @ uthere said 72mph, 4 kilo
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:46 AM
pablojaime is offline
Find More Posts by pablojaime
Registered User
pablojaime's Avatar
Some Pictures of the Build advance..

Pablo.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:46 AM
pablojaime is offline
Find More Posts by pablojaime
Registered User
pablojaime's Avatar
Two More...

Pablo.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:14 PM
kefir is offline
Find More Posts by kefir
Registered User
How can I fix this damage?



Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:46 PM
Killab is offline
Find More Posts by Killab
Youtube Johnbrum26
Question for all those that have built one. Im looking at getting on myself just wondering what other cabeling are you using to extend the Vtx and Uhf rx in the wings? Are you making your own or buying and if so where from?
Im just trying to get everything together that i will need in order to start my own build.
I plan on running gopro with flite cam, 600 mw vtx, and ezuhf 8ch rx, with the tbs ezosd.

Thanks for any advise you can give me. Much appreciated.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:43 PM
pablojaime is offline
Find More Posts by pablojaime
Registered User
pablojaime's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killab View Post
cabeling are you using to extend the Vtx and Uhf rx in the wings? Are you making your own or buying and if so where from?
Home made...

Pablo.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:03 PM
Hmerly is offline
Find More Posts by Hmerly
Registered User
Hmerly's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kefir View Post
How can I fix this damage?



Peal back the crumpled lam and cut off. Pour some boiling hot water over the crumpled foam and it should go back to it's original shape, Use some gorilla glue and glue the tears back together. Make sure you get the glue into the tear, and not just on the surface. Clean up, laminate again and you should be good to go.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:22 PM
Killab is offline
Find More Posts by Killab
Youtube Johnbrum26
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablojaime View Post
Home made...

Pablo.
That's what I thought, thanks
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:41 PM
bakon is offline
Find More Posts by bakon
I Toast Planes
bakon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablojaime View Post
Some Pictures of the Build advance..

Pablo.
The soldering rig you set up, what kind of wire did you use? It's a pretty genius idea
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:26 AM
pablojaime is offline
Find More Posts by pablojaime
Registered User
pablojaime's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakon View Post
The soldering rig you set up, what kind of wire did you use? It's a pretty genius idea
I must say it's not "my" idea , but it's 1.5mm or 2mm copper wire. the wire don't need to be too much rigid, important is the heat that the soldering can produce, if you have good heat, the copper will cut the foam like butter.. and the copper wire will not bend during work.

Pablo.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:44 AM
DoctorAudio is offline
Find More Posts by DoctorAudio
Some call me the other guy!
DoctorAudio's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablojaime View Post
I must say it's not "my" idea , but it's 1.5mm or 2mm copper wire. the wire don't need to be too much rigid, important is the heat that the soldering can produce, if you have good heat, the copper will cut the foam like butter.. and the copper wire will not bend during work.

Pablo.
Mine is a 150 watt soldering iron and works great.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:16 AM
ronrob61 is offline
Find More Posts by ronrob61
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killab View Post
Question for all those that have built one. Im looking at getting on myself just wondering what other cabeling are you using to extend the Vtx and Uhf rx in the wings? Are you making your own or buying and if so where from?
Im just trying to get everything together that i will need in order to start my own build.
I plan on running gopro with flite cam, 600 mw vtx, and ezuhf 8ch rx, with the tbs ezosd.

Thanks for any advise you can give me. Much appreciated.
You can use servo lead to extend all the wires, just pick up a couple of 24" servo extensions and you good to go.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:32 PM
DoctorAudio is offline
Find More Posts by DoctorAudio
Some call me the other guy!
DoctorAudio's Avatar
Don't forget the ferrite cores.
More than 12" long I use two!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log Building the ultimate Ritewing Zephyr ThomasWF FPV Talk 34 Feb 20, 2012 06:14 PM
Discussion wing thickness ritewing zephyr Herishi The Builders Workshop 2 Oct 05, 2011 09:36 AM
Discussion Ritewing Zephyr hobbycity motor nexstarselect FPV Talk 2 Mar 07, 2011 05:37 PM