Sep 21, 2012, 06:15 PM
Some call me the other guy!
Kloner: Did you see the flare at the end of my last video? It didn't stall until it was like going 3mph!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 21, 2012, 06:18 PM
Aerial DP
still same motors esc and prop? i have no idea what it's like flat dumping weight on something like this. should it be supported any different across the span or just treat it like a scale plane and make it all very slow deliberate turns, low g's, etc?

I want some nice clean footaqe and the ride you get on these things is just too cool to not use. feels like a fighter jet flying it fpv

Any ideas what that kinda weight does to stall speed? I fly in the desert in so cal, the ground is rocks, dirt, every once in a while i drive to pavement and it's 1" asphault, pretty much like a freeway rough. Trying to decide what to do and how fast shes gonna have to hit the ground is kinda everything. I shoot in on sand bars too

this to this, watch the ends,,,, that's the 2 main spots i go
zII maiden (6 min 13 sec)

ZII FPV maiden (19 min 1 sec)
Sep 21, 2012, 06:22 PM
Aerial DP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorAudio
Kloner: Did you see the flare at the end of my last video? It didn't stall until it was like going 3mph!
You aint flying any weight bro,,, we got apples and oranges

AUW is 2980kiloand i want to add another 360 grams of camera
Sep 21, 2012, 06:34 PM
Wait I am flying with 2730 grams.
Damm it feels much lighter in the air than it really is.
And no GoPro on it yet!
Last edited by DoctorAudio; Sep 21, 2012 at 06:49 PM.
Sep 21, 2012, 06:50 PM
Aerial DP
it does.... if i get a head wind it hovers,,, that sand bar vid it almost was...... but flat out how many mile an hour, mine dips at 14. i'm worried 3.5 kilo is too much, might get something bigger than this thing
Sep 21, 2012, 06:50 PM
I forgot I added the extra weight to simulate a GoPro on there!
Last edited by DoctorAudio; Sep 21, 2012 at 07:17 PM.
Sep 21, 2012, 06:52 PM
Aerial DP
you got crap burried from end to end?

Sep 21, 2012, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloner
it does.... if i get a head wind it hovers,,, that sand bar vid it almost was...... but flat out how many mile an hour, mine dips at 14. i'm worried 3.5 kilo is too much, might get something bigger than this thing
You should chat with Chris. Hehehehe!
Sep 21, 2012, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloner
you got crap burried from end to end?

I have almost everthing in the battery bay. the only things outside the battery bay is the batts and the VTX and battery for it!
Sep 21, 2012, 07:22 PM
here is the bird uncovered!
Sep 21, 2012, 07:28 PM
Aerial DP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorAudio
You should chat with Chris. Hehehehe!

That's what i thought was happening,,, hopefuly. This is my next ride. The cameras went on sale and i got 3 of em now...... my gopro is the new tire chawk

Almost bought a zII off a guy that wanted to return it to chris but i talked him into opening the package so now i gotta explore what i'm doing next. I'm fine with epp, actually prefer it for this next one. It's my winter project, gonna fly these nex-5 on everything next year. It's a whole different level, footage you can sell
Sep 21, 2012, 07:54 PM
Dude, that is cool. But I been asking for a GoPro for about 3 months and now today, I am getting one.
My wife would beat me silly if I bought a 398 dollar camera for my plane.
Yep , I am whipped guys!
If you married for 23 years, it will happen to you too!
I could lie to all of you, but I don't roll like that!
Sep 21, 2012, 08:40 PM
Aerial DP
I met my wife in 1989, lived with her since 1991 and married since 1999....... im 42 with 2 babbies, 2 and 3....... i know where your comin from......... I'm just looking to move into the aerial imaging business as it becomes an option and want to be on the front lines already doing it. It's gone past for fun.

there about 500 with a lens, but crap, you seen the footage? go to youtube and type in "Nex-5n aerial"

Aerial Video of 3D Scratch Built 3D foamy Sony Nex-5n Fresno Field HoverFly (3 min 48 sec)

survey pictures, real estate videos, stock footage of proximity flights, things like that. this ting goes straight on the zenmuse gimble from DJI too and is ran from the remote control. one wing, one s800 and kloners on his way
Sep 22, 2012, 03:40 AM
can anyone compare ritewing oem servos with GRAUPNER DES 708 BB MG servos im terms of mechanical play?
Sep 22, 2012, 04:14 AM
CASA Certified RPAS Instructor
Hello lads,

So had my Z2 maiden today and although there was a bit of wind, I reckon it bounced around just too much. A lot of tail wag yawing. Common? I have zero play in my servos, so not sure what's going on, but was pretty bumpy.

Symptom of tail heavy maybe?

Quick Reply