Sep 17, 2012, 05:22 PM
Tricopters Rule
Linkage or servo imo, flutter on everything ive flown form .40 to 35% is caused by gear slop, linkage slop or weak servos or all three.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 17, 2012, 08:55 PM
Alex USA
Guys,
I need your help again ...

Finally I putted all pieces together - 2 additional reinforcement given - new nose made and glued.
It looks ... like ZII after huge crash but still looks like ZII ...

This time I decide to start from a diet ... all FPV gear - out, F-31 - out, cameras - out ...
Target - have it lightweight and start learning how to launch !

BUT:
I do have an issue with CG !
I marked 3.5 inch from motor bay - 2 servos on board, 2 batteries 4S 3300 on board, Rx ...
and it is balanced - perfect CG !
OK - but if I add a ESC, I'm out of CG right away ... what about motor and prop ?
If I add them both - is butt heavy as hell !

Second issue is I can't swap motor shaft to mount it inside the bay - only outside ...

What can I do - how should I move all this things around to keep it balanced ?

Any ideas - photos ?

Thanks guys !

Alex
Sep 17, 2012, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by usa.alex
Guys,
I need your help again ...

Finally I putted all pieces together - 2 additional reinforcement given - new nose made and glued.
It looks ... like ZII after huge crash but still looks like ZII ...

This time I decide to start from a diet ... all FPV gear - out, F-31 - out, cameras - out ...
Target - have it lightweight and start learning how to launch !

BUT:
I do have an issue with CG !
I marked 3.5 inch from motor bay - 2 servos on board, 2 batteries 4S 3300 on board, Rx ...
and it is balanced - perfect CG !
OK - but if I add a ESC, I'm out of CG right away ... what about motor and prop ?
If I add them both - is butt heavy as hell !

Second issue is I can't swap motor shaft to mount it inside the bay - only outside ...

What can I do - how should I move all this things around to keep it balanced ?

Any ideas - photos ?

Thanks guys !

Alex
A GoPro and camera box in the front should do it.
Sep 17, 2012, 10:21 PM
Tricopters Rule
I guess you could cut new battery locations if you are using stock.
Sep 18, 2012, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzlflyer
Linkage or servo imo, flutter on everything ive flown form .40 to 35% is caused by gear slop, linkage slop or weak servos or all three.
i posted a video one page ahead. i have some gear slop thats all.
i use the ritewing servos. what do you use?
Last edited by w4Rd3n; Sep 18, 2012 at 03:57 AM.
Sep 18, 2012, 08:23 AM
Tricopters Rule
Align Ds 610s because i had them already.
Your video dint look to bad as far as play.
Have you checked your servo voltage under load, that can cause an issue.
I checked one the other day and under a 1 amp load it dropped volage to 4v, its supposedly a 10amp reg set at 5.5v.
Sep 18, 2012, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzlflyer
Align Ds 610s because i had them already.
Your video dint look to bad as far as play.
Have you checked your servo voltage under load, that can cause an issue.
I checked one the other day and under a 1 amp load it dropped volage to 4v, its supposedly a 10amp reg set at 5.5v.
i use this http://www.getfpv.com/motors/ritewin...esc-combo.html
5.5V 6A.

other question: do you guys use the esc brake also when not using a folding prop?
Sep 18, 2012, 10:07 AM
Hi guys,

Not posted here for awhile, just wondering if anyone has a good source for a replacement rear bolt-on prop mount for the ritewing motor, I think I tweaked mine on a bad launch as I'm getting a tiny amount of vibes on my previously smooth gopro footage.

Chris could you help with this? Thanks all.

Btw, I'm know I'm asking a lot but if it's a uk source, that would be even better.
Sep 18, 2012, 10:31 AM
Mum is the word!
Thread OP
Send me an email, does the motor say ritewing on it only , or does it also say 1200 kv?
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyn
Hi guys,

Not posted here for awhile, just wondering if anyone has a good source for a replacement rear bolt-on prop mount for the ritewing motor, I think I tweaked mine on a bad launch as I'm getting a tiny amount of vibes on my previously smooth gopro footage.

Chris could you help with this? Thanks all.

Btw, I'm know I'm asking a lot but if it's a uk source, that would be even better.
Sep 18, 2012, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klique
Send me an email, does the motor say ritewing on it only , or does it also say 1200 kv?
Hi Chris, thanks for the reply - appreciate it.

Yeah the motor is the Black one with the ritewing logo & 1200kv written below it.
Sep 18, 2012, 11:07 AM
Email sent
Sep 18, 2012, 12:33 PM
I ended up having 2 motor/esc combos from Ritewing. One is the new version, with the black motor/Ritewing logo/1200kv and the esc is blue with the Ritewing logo as well. I also have what looks like the older version. The motor itself is bigger, but has no logo and the esc is also without a logo, just wrapped. Spec wise is there much of a difference? I know one's a 1300kv and the newer ones are 1200kv. What other aspects are better on the new motor. I already have the old combo in my Zii flying awhile now and was wondering if I should bother changing it to the new one and just selling the old combo.
Sep 18, 2012, 05:03 PM
Some call me the other guy!
Playing with Ritewing Zephyr ZII! (5 min 44 sec)
Sep 18, 2012, 05:44 PM
Mum is the word!
Thread OP
They are both awesome motors , I have stock of each .
I will be sending out both types for a while to come .
Once I get low on stock I will stick with the one that says ritewing1200 kv motor.
The one that just says ritewing is also 1200 kv.
The older blue ones ranged betwwen 1300 and 1100 kv.

I only switched because the mfg couldnt deliver as fast as I needed, I wanted a second source and these motors have tested verry well.
Soon I will also be bringing in some 1500 kv 35 35 and 1500 kv 35 42 posibly some 1100 kv 35 48
and some 4055 and 5055 and 5065 sizes in 200 kv to 900 kv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmerly
I ended up having 2 motor/esc combos from Ritewing. One is the new version, with the black motor/Ritewing logo/1200kv and the esc is blue with the Ritewing logo as well. I also have what looks like the older version. The motor itself is bigger, but has no logo and the esc is also without a logo, just wrapped. Spec wise is there much of a difference? I know one's a 1300kv and the newer ones are 1200kv. What other aspects are better on the new motor. I already have the old combo in my Zii flying awhile now and was wondering if I should bother changing it to the new one and just selling the old combo.
Last edited by klique; Sep 18, 2012 at 07:33 PM.
Sep 18, 2012, 05:51 PM
What are the specs for the esc on the older ones? Need to know what kind of prop would go well with the older motor/esc combo. Using 9x6 apc e now and I don't have any way to check the draw right now.
Last edited by Hmerly; Sep 18, 2012 at 06:06 PM.

Quick Reply