New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 25, 2012, 07:54 PM
Find More Posts by Eagle202
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmint View Post
Mine is a little heavy 7.2lbs so I had to raise the min/max speed. other than that nothing changed RTH work perfect! the rest you just set to your preference
Is the extra weight from all that armor monokote you used?

I don't have any FPV gear but mine only weighs about 2kg or about 4.4 lb. I can't believe all of your FPV hardware is almost 3 lbs in weight.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:00 PM
Find More Posts by Kev.au
Post # 20 million
Part II of my maiden, loving this bird, handles the wind like a champ.

FPV Zephyr 2: Maiden Flight Part II. (2 min 35 sec)
Old Jun 26, 2012, 05:55 AM
SPG
Find More Posts by SPG
SPG
Sydney, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev.au View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spLObEz8fkA
Nice video Kev. You do know you don't have to fly a full throttle all the time
Old Jun 26, 2012, 07:15 AM
Find More Posts by Macattaka
Beyond the BlackStump
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPG View Post
Bollox to that idea!....

Great vid Kev.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 07:43 AM
Post # 20 million
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPG View Post
yea lol, that flight lasted 20min and i covered 30km all within 1km hahaha, tha's a sh*t load of high speed passes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-plater View Post
Bollox to that idea!....

Great vid Kev.
Thanks mate .
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:11 AM
Find More Posts by drumbum961
Holy cow kev! That thing is moving! what are you running for a motor/esc and batts? That z rips! Nice flying!

KFM
Old Jun 26, 2012, 11:00 AM
Find More Posts by Eagle202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev.au View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spLObEz8fkA
Nice video. I think I would have crashed playing chicken with those trees that looked like you were doing.

Watching you catch up to the other Z at the end of the video all I could think about was adding the text "fox 2 away" or "guns guns guns" caused it looked like you were dog fighting.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 11:23 AM
Post # 20 million
Quote:
Originally Posted by drumbum961 View Post
Holy cow kev! That thing is moving! what are you running for a motor/esc and batts? That z rips! Nice flying!

KFM
Hey thanks man.

2x RMRC 3300 4s from ReadyMadeRC, 60 amp plush ESC, Hyperion Zs 3014-12, 9x7 folding prop. AUW is at 2.4kg and this set-up produces 700watts @ just under 50 amps. Got a solid 20min flight with ALOT of full throttle runs. Motor/prop was recommended by Sander.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202 View Post
Watching you catch up to the other Z at the end of the video all I could think about was adding the text "fox 2 away" or "guns guns guns" caused it looked like you were dog fighting.
heheh was a ZII i was chasing running a 3s set-up, that was my first time trying formation, it's harder then it looks!.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 08:57 PM
Find More Posts by Maddmax
I think I'm going to give my ZII another shot. What trim levels and settings are you guys using???
Old Jun 26, 2012, 09:07 PM
Find More Posts by brosius85
never mind the boll⁣⁣⁣ocks
Run elevons flat with top of wing with only a couple of mm of up reflex , EDIT: CG at 9 1/4 - 9 1/2 in from the nose, full throttle over arm launch.
Last edited by brosius85; Jun 27, 2012 at 04:13 PM.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 09:12 PM
Post # 20 million
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddmax View Post
I think I'm going to give my ZII another shot. What trim levels and settings are you guys using???
I only needed about 3mm of reflex, i have 10mm throw both ways and that felt about right.
Last edited by Kev.au; Jun 26, 2012 at 09:26 PM.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 05:31 AM
Find More Posts by flyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyn View Post
Wow! That does sound a little heavy, bet it flies real smooth though!

Thanks, those RTH numbers should be a good starting point when I get mine ready to fly, I've just used an old ethernet cable as a AV cable to the VTX, need to test it before I glue it in - I really hope it works!!!

Im getting there with the component layout now as well, just cut the VTX into the wing. I'm going to need to put the GPS unit & the RC RX on the same wing quite close together, will that be ok?

Also to anyone who might know, should I 3m77 the Lam on then stick my carbon vinyl bands (go-faster stripes) on top - or should I stick the carbon vinyl bands to the wings with 3m77 then Lam over the top? I'm thinking the latter as I dont want the CF stickers getting ripped off in flight.

I just need a whole day or two to get this build finished but it seems everything else is getting in the way, I mean - who needs to earn a living, drive hundreds of miles in a gutless courtesy car while mine gets a new gearbox, answer endless work emails, feed the cat, clean the house, visit parents & go on holiday for a week anyway right?!?!

It seems like its just dragging & I'm not getting anywhere, like today all I did was to make an AV cable that might not work. Doh!

I'm sooo close I can't wait but I don't want to rush it.

Thanks.
Tested my homemade ethernet AV cable - it seemed to work great on the ground! So fingers crossed.

I've pretty much got all components cut into the wing & the ol' gal is about ready to be Lam'd - can anyone help with my above question about stick on decals & Lam'ing?
Old Jun 27, 2012, 05:58 AM
Find More Posts by Bauf
Quote:
Originally Posted by brosius85 View Post
Run elevons flat with top of wing with only a couple of mm of up reflex , cg at 10.5 , full throttle over arm launch.
CG @ 10.5 inches, that's 26.6cm. wasn't the CG @ 23.8cm? I'm struggling to get my Z2 in the air, finished the build about a week ago. Have managed to get 4 launches, broken prop on 2 of them.

I have the CG @ 23.8cm from the nose, 2 times i've launched it over the head with one arm holding the nose, with a few mm up flex. It went down 3m away Will get a friend to throw it next time.

I'm using the ritewing motor and esc, 2x 4s 3300. And it weighs in @ 3.1kg
Last edited by Bauf; Jun 27, 2012 at 06:26 AM.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 06:01 AM
Find More Posts by Peck
The manual says:
CG is located on the bottom 9 3/8‘’ to 9 1/2’’ from the nose back.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 06:26 AM
Find More Posts by brosius85
never mind the boll⁣⁣⁣ocks
oops - i was remembering the old Z CG.... WHOOOOPS!