Molded Ritewing Zephyr ZII - Page 182 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jun 23, 2012, 04:46 PM
Skint since 2000
ghost2212's Avatar

Epoxy Resin


Is it okay to use epoxy resin on the zephyr II? I was thinking of laying down some light glass fibre around the battery area and where my GoPro box will be as I've seen this is one of the weak points.

Also what paints do people use on the plane before lamming? Am i right in saying you tend to paint then put the 3M77 on then laminate?

Thanks

Brett
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 23, 2012, 04:47 PM
KISS
hefest's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by superevan
No problem! In fact I have 2 3s 3000mah turnigy with motor inside motor mount and, with no gopro or camera pod still have to add 350g dumb weight to the nose. Needless to say, I got a gopro
What flight times are you getting with that setup?
Jun 23, 2012, 06:07 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by hefest
What flight times are you getting with that setup?
That is the same thing I am running, although Zippy atm instead of Turnigy. I'm getting 30 mins flying normally, 15 pretty aggressively, or 50 treating it like a glider.
Jun 23, 2012, 07:52 PM
Registered User
flyn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by brosius85
i used to use a seperate battery for the video gear, but it is annoying keeping track of what is left in the battery, and having to plug in an extra battery all the time etc....

single batt systems are just easier to manage. but you need filters and regulators when using 4s so it can get a bit more complicated / expensive when setting it all up.

i just run the signal wire to the rx from the servo, i run the red and black straight to the BEC. the esc needs all 3 wires to function though.
I can see where you're coming from with the one pack setup but I just like the idea of having a clean independent power supply for my cam that won't be under load from other systems. With my ETosd I've set it up to have an onscreen AV pack display bar as well as the flight pack display, which is very helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202
That is really easy to understand. Great job Brosius.
+1!!
Jun 23, 2012, 07:56 PM
Registered User
flyn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmint
I'm also running full ETOsd check out my build on fpvlab.com

http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?5733-FM-Z2
Niceone, thanks for the link - ill be sure to check it out!!!
Jun 23, 2012, 10:16 PM
FPV nut
traderdmb's Avatar
My first time Mountain surfing with the Z2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di6tk...mment_received
Jun 23, 2012, 11:39 PM
Registered User
Eagle202's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by traderdmb
My first time Mountain surfing with the Z2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di6tk...mment_received
Great video. How far was that rock from you launch point?
Jun 24, 2012, 01:22 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by traderdmb
My first time Mountain surfing with the Z2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di6tk...mment_received
At the end you said your your video system sucked.. what are you using? 2.4?
Jun 24, 2012, 08:23 AM
SPG
SPG
Sydney, Australia
SPG's Avatar
Finished My ZII build yesterday and maidened today and I have to say I am totally stoked!
Well done CK. What a great flying FPV plane.
Like everyone says, "It goes where you point it" and keeps heading in that direction until you point it somewhere else.
Can't wait to put a few more flights on it and really put it through its paces.
Video to come.
Jun 24, 2012, 01:30 PM
Registered User
flyn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmint
I'm also running full ETOsd check out my build on fpvlab.com

http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?5733-FM-Z2
Sweet thread dude! Loads of good info in there, did your RTH settings change much after you posted #225 - on page 23.
Jun 24, 2012, 02:23 PM
FPV nut
traderdmb's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmint
At the end you said your your video system sucked.. what are you using? 2.4?
I was on 900mhz and when I got close to the cliff, my downlink got really really bad. YOu can see where I attempted to fly down the face and when I went vertical it would go pure snow. I could see nothing. My buddy Don (realtvnow) was on 1.28 and his video was rock solid.
Jun 24, 2012, 02:24 PM
FPV nut
traderdmb's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202
Great video. How far was that rock from you launch point?
it was about 1.5 miles from launch point I think.
Jun 24, 2012, 02:25 PM
FPV nut
traderdmb's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPG
Finished My ZII build yesterday and maidened today and I have to say I am totally stoked!
Well done CK. What a great flying FPV plane.
Like everyone says, "It goes where you point it" and keeps heading in that direction until you point it somewhere else.
Can't wait to put a few more flights on it and really put it through its paces.
Video to come.
very nice build man. Congrats! you did a great job on that Z.
Jun 24, 2012, 02:32 PM
Registered User
Eagle202's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by traderdmb
it was about 1.5 miles from launch point I think.
I was wondering if you were going to chance it and fly above or beyond it but I thought maybe you were at the max range for video or control.

Too bad about your video breaking. I would have like to have seen you "ski" down the rock face and pull out before hitting them trees.
Jun 24, 2012, 02:40 PM
FPV nut
traderdmb's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202
I was wondering if you were going to chance it and fly above or beyond it but I thought maybe you were at the max range for video or control.

Too bad about your video breaking. I would have like to have seen you "ski" down the rock face and pull out before hitting them trees.
stay tuned, I have another video that I am working on only its from a swift 2. I got pretty close to another rock and shoot down it nicely.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log Building the ultimate Ritewing Zephyr ThomasWF FPV Talk 34 Feb 20, 2012 06:14 PM
Discussion wing thickness ritewing zephyr Herishi The Builders Workshop 2 Oct 05, 2011 09:36 AM
Discussion Ritewing Zephyr hobbycity motor nexstarselect FPV Talk 2 Mar 07, 2011 05:37 PM