Mar 06, 2012, 02:30 PM
Ikaruswannab
Quote:
Originally Posted by klique
The simple question is where is your CG located now ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? , your question can be answered if you can answer mine.
I can not help you tune if you cant help me with the most basic and important info my friend.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cg on a flying wing is the most important place to start at.
Sorry klique,
I guess i didn't make myself clear.
I don't own a ZII at the moment.
I was thinking of getting one and searched for flaws.
Saw the "Not stable at level flight" thread of the ZII and that is why i am asking ZII owners of the ZII behavior regarding throttle changes.
So long story short i can't tell you where my CG is ....
to remove ads between posts
Mar 06, 2012, 02:30 PM
Mum is the word!
Thread OP

stated here

Is your answer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho-Jazz
Start at zero. And test from there. CK has posted his method of testing the thrust line a few times in here. Mine flies great with zero, so I never had to do the testing. Start at zero and keep the cg correct, and I think you will find she flies great.
Mar 06, 2012, 02:33 PM
UAV Flight Operations Manager
Ha! What an expression!
Mar 06, 2012, 02:35 PM
Mum is the word!
Thread OP
OK cool ,set where suggested she will not raise or lower much at all across the speed range with throttle change.

I get on and off the throttle here and she tracks like an arrow , so true its scary.
RAILS RAILS RAILS!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=1_kmatKYHwg

Quote:
Originally Posted by teopbako
Sorry klique,
I guess i didn't make myself clear.
I don't own a ZII at the moment.
I was thinking of getting one and searched for flaws.
Saw the "Not stable at level flight" thread of the ZII and that is why i am asking ZII owners of the ZII behavior regarding throttle changes.
So long story short i can't tell you where my CG is ....
Mar 06, 2012, 02:42 PM
Ikaruswannab
Ok that is what i was searching for.
Thanks

PS
Saw your video.
Very nice!!!!
Last edited by teopbako; Mar 06, 2012 at 03:36 PM.
Mar 06, 2012, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavovon
Guys, i have the combo that chris sells. I am thinking about to use 4s batteries. I have to change anything to use that?

Anyone?
Mar 06, 2012, 03:52 PM
Finally maidened my zeph today. I obv didnt have the elevons lined up correct to start with.

Ritewing Zephyr II Maiden (6 min 5 sec)

Thanks Chris for all your help.
Mar 06, 2012, 05:59 PM
Been working on my new Z2. I hate all that OSD wiring so i tought i would try to conseal? it as best as possible. Trying to run as much as i can trough internal tunnels cut out my a small metal tube.

Mar 06, 2012, 06:37 PM
Taking care of business
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubay
Hi everbody,

1)I want to order this beast but i havent found any info about total weight without electronics.
2)And is there any possiblity to fly with 2x2200 mah 3S nano-tech (i have too many). And what is the approx flight time with full fpv equipment with 2x2200mah, (gopro2, osd and 1.2ghz tx 2x2200mah 3s, with tunigy g15 brushless, 40A ESC).

i will be waiting your response,
thanks in advance.
I have no idea of weight without electronics. I just built mine and balanced it at 9 3/8" from nose. Balance it there, and set elevons correct, fly.
Mar 07, 2012, 12:21 AM
How stable is the ZII in windy conditions, say 10-20mph winds???
Mar 07, 2012, 01:49 AM
Are you also so that you can drop quickly Ritewing?
I have three times the rate fell by a small and silent możliwoścy out of this: (
Mar 07, 2012, 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty2004
Finally maidened my zeph today. I obv didnt have the elevons lined up correct to start with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDKFJdz0sIo

Thanks Chris for all your help.
Great video showing the initial trimming stage and getting acquainted with the beast! Nice one!
Mar 07, 2012, 08:13 AM
Thanks Ian. Its my first ever Ritewing build and launch, so abit of learning done. Chris has been awesome in his support tho.

Trust the Klique, live the dream.
Mar 07, 2012, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty2004
Thanks Ian. Its my first ever Ritewing build and launch, so abit of learning done. Chris has been awesome in his support tho.

Trust the Klique, live the dream.
Nice motto. Maybe he will use it on his website.

I certainly trust him as well as admire his focus and determination to provide a really great product for his customers.

Vince
Mar 07, 2012, 07:57 PM
Here are 2 videos from last week :

ZII Cloud Trip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf8fm0T9OJM
ZII Roller Coaster
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWxN6bcGcX8

Quick Reply