Thread Tools
Feb 26, 2013, 08:27 AM
Memento Mori
Diesel6401's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55
Dig the canopy Diesel!
what motor are you running in your 450?
and how are you liking the Pulse packs?
Scorpion -8 on one and stock on the second. The second just sits for spare though.

Love the pulse packs!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 26, 2013, 12:17 PM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Brought my pinion gear to the shop teacher at my school. He has the best cutting tools.


I'm going to cut my pinion gear down 3mm and then hopefully flt this thing with the Scorpion 2221-8.

I can't wait to try it out.
Feb 26, 2013, 07:30 PM
Memento Mori
Diesel6401's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123
Brought my pinion gear to the shop teacher at my school. He has the best cutting tools.


I'm going to cut my pinion gear down 3mm and then hopefully flt this thing with the Scorpion 2221-8.

I can't wait to try it out.
Did you remove this yet?
Feb 27, 2013, 06:39 AM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel6401
Did you remove this yet?
That is part of the pinion gear. There is no collar

I am taking off 3mm today at my school's Metal shop. Dude has all kinds of cool cutting tools.
Feb 27, 2013, 07:11 AM
Memento Mori
Diesel6401's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123
That is part of the pinion gear. There is no collar

I am taking off 3mm today at my school's Metal shop. Dude has all kinds of cool cutting tools.
New one to me. I've never seen a pinon with that. As long as you git figured out.
Mar 02, 2013, 11:28 AM
CP heli ≠ 3D heli
Gedexas's Avatar
Instead of cutting that built in collar off, try that pinion upside down.
Mar 02, 2013, 07:56 PM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
I got the pinion to work. I cut it down and raised the motor off of the block with a couple of washers.

That motor barely fits this heli

My newest concern is the clearance between the main gear and the heli frame. I can see there has been some contact in flight. There is only a mm of space max.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? I know it wasn't that close before.
Mar 03, 2013, 06:18 PM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar

First flights with the Scorpion 2221-8 12T


Ok, so my heli seems underpowered compared to stock. The high winds could have been a factor, and they didn't make for a good day for setting Gyro Gain.


Can somebody chime in that is using the same Scorpion motor with the 12T pinion,

What is your Gyro sensitivity set to??? Normal? Stunt?


What are your throttle curves set to ??
Normal, Stunt 1, Stunt 2?

I am getting way lower RPM's with this setup. I have no clue how to mess with E-Flite ESC's either. I will probably be looking for a Castle ESC to drop in.
Mar 03, 2013, 06:35 PM
Memento Mori
Diesel6401's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123
Ok, so my heli seems underpowered compared to stock. The high winds could have been a factor, and they didn't make for a good day for setting Gyro Gain.


Can somebody chime in that is using the same Scorpion motor with the 12T pinion,

What is your Gyro sensitivity set to??? Normal? Stunt?


What are your throttle curves set to ??
Normal, Stunt 1, Stunt 2?

I am getting way lower RPM's with this setup. I have no clue how to mess with E-Flite ESC's either. I will probably be looking for a Castle ESC to drop in.
Something's up then. My Scorpion setup had a lot of power.
Mar 04, 2013, 03:23 PM
Registered User
r/cdawg's Avatar

450X Maiden


Spent the weekend programing my transmitter and preflighting the 450X. Seeing a favorable weather forecast for today, (if you want to call sunny, 30 degrees, and a cold breeze from the NW @ 5 to 10mph a favorable forecast) I decided to take the 450X with me to work should a lunchtime flight opportunity present itself. I was able to sneak away and put a couple flights on the 450X and was quite impressed with how smooth and stable it flies. The controls reacted much quicker than the nano and 130x I have been flying and was pleasently startled by how much power it has even compared to the glow powered helicopters I flew in the early 90's. I did a few close in circuits then switched into IU2 and turned it loose a little. I did some big sky loops, rolls and stall turns followed by some close in forward and backward flips. I also threw a little low level nose in inverted hovering in for good measure.

The second flight was more of the same but by then my old thumbs were getting a bit stiff so I called it a day. Everything looks to be pretty smooth out of the box with just a slight indication of tailwag. I'll wait to fly it on a calm (and warmer) day to confirm if I need to knock the T/R gain down a notch or two. The sky today was a deep blue and while the canopy wasn't invisible it would be nice to have something with more yellow on it so a grandpa like me can see it a little better. As I get more comfortable with it I'll add in the maneuvers I have been doing with the Nano-cpx at our indoor sessions including inverted forward and backwards circuits, inverted tail-down funnels and some very sloppy piro-flips. All in all I'm looking forward to a lot of flight time with this spring and summer. Once the weather breaks a little I'll try and post some video.

dawg
Mar 04, 2013, 03:51 PM
"Unappreciative tosser"
eltreato's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by r/cdawg
The sky today was a deep blue and while the canopy wasn't invisible it would be nice to have something with more yellow on it so a grandpa like me can see it a little better.
I'm no grampy and I have enough trouble with the stock canopy. I ended up putting some nice bright red and yellow Red Bull decals on mine seeing as how it's already the colors of a Red Bull can.. and because I'm addicted to the stuff
Mar 06, 2013, 08:21 PM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
I finally got to fly my 450x with the Scorpion 2221-8. Overall it flew ok.

I think I need to program some trim in the Beast X. It seemed to hunt back towards the tail in a hover a bit.

I also need to go back to the Transmitter setting in Parameter B. I tried out "sport" and did not like it. It was a little too tame.

Still playing with the Gyro sensitivity, but I almost have it dialed in where I want it. I had to come down a considerable amount from the stock 77% setting.

Still hard to tell but I think Ihad a little more power with the Stock motor.

IT's probably too early to tell though
Mar 10, 2013, 05:07 PM
Plane on the Brain
coolboarder's Avatar
My cheap ass tail servo went out on the 450x, 30' up and i got it down to about 10' and hit TH - thankfully i got her down without a scratch.

Replaced with the same servo (only because the hobby shop had one that morning) , drove back to the field, then got 3 rewarding flights in.

This is the first heli that i can do mild 3d like on the sim -


--edit only 18 flights on that servo. The LHS said they have seen a few come in with even less
Mar 10, 2013, 08:11 PM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboarder
My cheap ass tail servo went out on the 450x, 30' up and i got it down to about 10' and hit TH - thankfully i got her down without a scratch.

Replaced with the same servo (only because the hobby shop had one that morning) , drove back to the field, then got 3 rewarding flights in.

This is the first heli that i can do mild 3d like on the sim -


--edit only 18 flights on that servo. The LHS said they have seen a few come in with even less

Cool, u saved the Heli.

I would spend the $25 and upgrade the tail servo to a digital MG. It made a huge difference for me, and it will probably live through some crashes
Mar 11, 2013, 01:51 AM
big ignore list
brushless55's Avatar
What is the favorite tail servo for this heli?
I'm thinking of picking up a 450 3D cuz they are so cheap right now...


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Blade 450 X statiiic 3D Electric Heli Flying 146 Mar 27, 2016 08:35 PM
Discussion Official Blade 450 3D owners and support thread KYlawyer Mini Helis 293 Jun 02, 2014 02:36 AM
Discussion E-Flite Blade 450 X?? statiiic Electric Heli Talk 1 Oct 20, 2011 10:50 PM
Sold FS/T Blade 400 3d, Blade CP, HDX 450 Hegemone Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Apr 10, 2011 09:38 PM