Thread Tools
Feb 16, 2013, 12:36 PM
Plane on the Brain
coolboarder's Avatar
I posted the link to the exploded diagram 6 posts ago.

repair Vids
Blade 450 X Repair Tutorial: Spindle Replacement (12 min 22 sec)
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 21, 2013, 05:19 PM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Here is my problem. The Stock motor was the perfect length with the pinion as close to the motor as possible.

The Scorpion pinion in 4mm longer. This puts me hitting the Tail drive gear.

Is there a good way to fix this? Putting 4mm of washers between the motor and motor mount doesn't sound like a great idea, bu it will probably work.

May be I should just find a 12T pinion that is not longer than 10mm.
Feb 21, 2013, 08:40 PM
Memento Mori
Diesel6401's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123
Here is my problem. The Stock motor was the perfect length with the pinion as close to the motor as possible.

The Scorpion pinion in 4mm longer. This puts me hitting the Tail drive gear.

Is there a good way to fix this? Putting 4mm of washers between the motor and motor mount doesn't sound like a great idea, bu it will probably work.

May be I should just find a 12T pinion that is not longer than 10mm.
Take the collar off. Slide the pinon up higher.
Feb 21, 2013, 08:44 PM
Memento Mori
Diesel6401's Avatar
Here's mine.

No problems this way for me.
Feb 22, 2013, 07:18 AM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel6401
Here's mine.

No problems this way for me.
Which pinion gear are you using? Where did you get it?
Feb 22, 2013, 09:26 AM
Memento Mori
Diesel6401's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123
Which pinion gear are you using? Where did you get it?
Rhino from Helidirect:
http://helidirect.com/450-class-pini..._44_78_513.hdx
Feb 22, 2013, 06:36 PM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
No collar on mine. The pinions that Innov8tie Designs has in in stock are like 14mm long.

I am going to order one of those rhinos.
Feb 22, 2013, 07:58 PM
Memento Mori
Diesel6401's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123
No collar on mine. The pinions that Innov8tie Designs has in in stock are like 14mm long.

I am going to order one of those rhinos.
In the picture you showed side by side with the stock motor your scorpion still has the lock collar / thrust bearing around the shaft. Remove that.
Feb 25, 2013, 10:56 AM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Anyone know which Swash leveler fits a 450x at Heli Direct?
Feb 25, 2013, 01:38 PM
Memento Mori
Diesel6401's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123
Anyone know which Swash leveler fits a 450x at Heli Direct?
Get the blade one http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/D...rodID=BLH1690A

It sets the swash mid stick, levels and you don't need to take the head off. Slides from behind. Nice and simple. Your LHS may have one.
Feb 25, 2013, 02:41 PM
Registered User
r/cdawg's Avatar
Hi johnnyrocco,

I went and took the plunge and picked up a new 450x from my lhs. Very sweet looking bird and I hope mine is as good as the vast majority of those who have them. Looking forward to geting this one in the air.

dawg
Feb 25, 2013, 04:18 PM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by r/cdawg
Hi johnnyrocco,

I went and took the plunge and picked up a new 450x from my lhs. Very sweet looking bird and I hope mine is as good as the vast majority of those who have them. Looking forward to geting this one in the air.

dawg
I absolutely love mine. IT has crazy power right out of the box. Just be careful with that motor. Hover for a good 30 seconds before you fly. You will hear it when it is about to go.

Or just upgrade the motor now

Diesel, thanks for the swash tip. I picked one up today.

I always borrowed one in the past. This one seems to do the job.
Feb 25, 2013, 06:14 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123
... Just be careful with that motor. Hover for a good 30 seconds before you fly. You will hear it when it is about to go.

Or just upgrade the motor now
+1. My new 440H motor only lasted about 10 flights before the bearings disintegrated doing pitch pumps - ended up bending the motor shaft and destroying the rest of the motor in the process.

I'll put a plug in for the eFlite Heli 450 motor - great power, comes down cool , and gives me over 4 minutes of hard flying with my 3S 2200s. This is a video of mine paired with a 13T pinion (stock main gear).

Blade 450 High Energy Flying (4 min 9 sec)
Feb 25, 2013, 07:01 PM
Memento Mori
Diesel6401's Avatar
You can replace the bearing on the motor or move to a scorpion.

If not I have a NIB stock motor, $40 shipped (US). They're $47.99 normally.
http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/D...odID=EFLM1360H

Check out the Fusuno canopies also new guys. They're so much better than the stocks its not even funny.
Feb 25, 2013, 11:12 PM
big ignore list
brushless55's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel6401
You can replace the bearing on the motor or move to a scorpion.

If not I have a NIB stock motor, $40 shipped (US). They're $47.99 normally.
http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/D...odID=EFLM1360H

Check out the Fusuno canopies also new guys. They're so much better than the stocks its not even funny.
Dig the canopy Diesel!
what motor are you running in your 450?
and how are you liking the Pulse packs?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Blade 450 X statiiic 3D Electric Heli Flying 146 Mar 27, 2016 08:35 PM
Discussion Official Blade 450 3D owners and support thread KYlawyer Mini Helis 293 Jun 02, 2014 02:36 AM
Discussion E-Flite Blade 450 X?? statiiic Electric Heli Talk 1 Oct 20, 2011 10:50 PM
Sold FS/T Blade 400 3d, Blade CP, HDX 450 Hegemone Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Apr 10, 2011 09:38 PM