Jan 08, 2012, 04:21 AM
anyone know the stock genius pinion size, mod 0.5mm bore 1.0mm ?

walkera doesn't package pinions?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 08, 2012, 04:47 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scub
anyone know the stock genius pinion size, mod 0.5mm bore 1.0mm ?

walkera doesn't package pinions?
1mm hole M0.5 I think
Jan 08, 2012, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob
The mCPX needs them to try and get it to fly right where the Genius flies fine out of the box.. No mods need,, but them some hot glue here and there and some tape doesn't hurt..
Right out of the box:

Genius CP- Stock Out of the Box (2 min 55 sec)

Best,
Chris
Jan 08, 2012, 08:29 AM
Stock with microdeans !

How many people did change walkera plugs ?
Jan 08, 2012, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo38
Stock with microdeans !

Most of us DID, all of us WILL.
Jan 08, 2012, 08:59 AM
Heli collector
Quote:
Originally Posted by scub
good to hear. walkera should just recall this RX and give us new ones (i know, wishful thinking).. so far there are two known problem.. 1) weak connection wire 2) left rudder/tail drift (actually 3 if you count the fubared 6 axis but that isn't a big deal for most).

im suffering from huge power loss (heli wont' stay up in the air) but it could be a bad motor as well, but i did ordered a much better soldering iron and magnifying glass that will help me redo the wiring but it's a PITA for people with no tools or much soldering skills to have to inevitably fix the wiring.
Start with rewiring the heli from the Deans to the RX,, I'm saying use new wire 24g, micro Deans, bring the new wires up from the bottom of the board through the board and leave about 3/16" sticking above the board for later use if going to brushless motor,, you will solder the ESC on here..

Now I have done all this to mine with the C03 HK 7500KV motor which used to fly nice but has now lost power, I replaced this with a C05 HK motor and still not good power, replaced this with a stock motor still not good power.. So what am I looking for power wise,,, I just want it to fly like it did before, and/or as good as my #2 Genius flies... What is the problem,, I don't know yet.. If you figure it out let me know.. But mine might be a simple time to replace the head dampers, new blades, new tail motor etc.. But as it's still flyable I'm still flying it..
Jan 08, 2012, 09:02 AM
Heli collector
Quote:
Stock with microdeans !

All the smart ones..
Jan 08, 2012, 09:41 AM
Quote:
So what am I looking for power wise,,, I just want it to fly like it did before, and/or as good as my #2 Genius flies... What is the problem,, I don't know yet.. If you figure it out let me know.. But mine might be a simple time to replace the head dampers, new blades, new tail motor etc.. But as it's still flyable I'm still flying it..
Have you tried swapping the rx's? Would be interesting to see if the power issue follows the rx or stays with genius #1. If it stays with genius #1 then I would suspect a bad tail motor.
Jan 08, 2012, 10:01 AM
Heli collector
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytemuncher
Have you tried swapping the rx's? Would be interesting to see if the power issue follows the rx or stays with genius #1. If it stays with genius #1 then I would suspect a bad tail motor.
I lot easier to swap tail's than RX's... And as it's the stock tail I'm sure it's about time for a new one anyways but this one is still hold good.. But this might be due to the reduced power of the main.... Right now we are having some really great weather for Michigan in January so I'll keep flying it,, the #3 should show up this week.. I'm betting the same day the weather returns to normal..
Jan 08, 2012, 10:39 AM
Quote:
All the smart ones..
Smart ones probably did some measures to prove the existence of a fundamental difference between micro deans and walkera plugs ?
Moreover, you need to consider the efficiency of the...

I don't know how you say... You use an electric warming machine, on a certain metal, tu 'glue" the connector to the wire...

Because all of us haven't the same material and skill to do this as efficiently as needed...
Jan 08, 2012, 11:19 AM
Heli collector
Quote:
Smart ones probably did some measures to prove the existence of a fundamental difference between micro deans and walkera plugs ?
Moreover, you need to consider the efficiency of the...

I don't know how you say... You use an electric warming machine, on a certain metal, tu 'glue" the connector to the wire...

Because all of us haven't the same material and skill to do this as efficiently as needed...
I'm sure if you go back a few years and read the old Walkera 4#3 threads about the problems with the stock connectors and the testing done back then.. And that while we talk about changing over to the Deans what we are really saying is the the wires at the Walkera connector start fraying inside at the crimp and are breaking causing to much electrical resistance and this is dropping the power.. and the easiest way of fixing this is to install the Deans,,, Knowing that the wires will still fray and need to be redone now and then.. as well the connection at the board.. So spending the ten bucks to get the proper metal gluing tools and supplies is money well spent..
Jan 08, 2012, 11:39 AM
Hi

Even if the shape is the same, connectors may have evolved since 4g3...

But I didn't understand the problem (because of terms)

"Walkera connector start fraying inside at the crimp and are breaking"

Could you explain it more easily for me ?
Jan 08, 2012, 11:53 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Hi

Even if the shape is the same, connectors may have evolved since 4g3...

But I didn't understand the problem (because of terms)

"Walkera connector start fraying inside at the crimp and are breaking"

Could you explain it more easily for me ?
The Walkera lipo power wires use cheap thin stranded wire as opposed to solid core wire or thicker stranded wire.

As these stranded wires are so thin, once they repeatedly get bent and pulled the single strands are going to break. There are probably about 15-20 strands of wire which are about the same thickness as Human hair so you can probably appreciate that it's pretty weak.

I can't think of any other explanation.

Within the next week or so, I intend to change the lipo wires to a thicker stranded wire, or I might even use a solid core wire. Either way, both of these changes will be better than using the thin stock stuff.

Btw.. The first thing I did when I got my GCP was to change to genuine micro Deans. I flew it once with the stock connector just to test it.

All my sub-micro birds use micro deans, too.
Jan 08, 2012, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by damo666
The Walkera lipo power wires use cheap thin stranded wire as opposed to solid core wire.

As these stranded wires are so thin, once they repeatedly get bent and pulled the single strands are going to break.

I can't think of any other explanation.

Within the next week or so, I intend to change the lipo wires to a thicker stranded wire, or I might even use a solid core wire. Either way, both of these changes will be better than using the thin stock stuff.

It's the stranded wire that makes it soft.
One solid core wire is stiff and not that flexible.

I think walkera saved some bucks on the copper quality in the wire therefore it's brittle.
Then amount of force when crimping is affecting same as how the wires are soldered and can create brittleness.
Jan 08, 2012, 12:19 PM
Quote:
I lot easier to swap tail's than RX's... And as it's the stock tail I'm sure it's about time for a new one anyways but this one is still hold good.. But this might be due to the reduced power of the main.... Right now we are having some really great weather for Michigan in January so I'll keep flying it,, the #3 should show up this week.. I'm betting the same day the weather returns to normal..
Here in N. Cal. we have the warmest, driest winter in 90 yrs. I'm thinking about getting a V120D01S. Maybe we'll get our snow back (this is a ski town).
Mike

Quick Reply