Thread Tools
Feb 11, 2013, 09:45 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Colonel Blink's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgreinke
I already own a Spektrum DX7S but with the kit I need to buy a bunch of other stuff....Required for Completion: 4 Channel Transmitter..........
If you already have a DX7, why then buy a 4 ch TX??
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 11, 2013, 10:56 AM
Just 2 guys.. havin a gud time
iGlide's Avatar
Prefer an axn
Feb 11, 2013, 06:17 PM
I buy, I fly, I buy....
Wingwrecker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgreinke
Hi everyone. A newbie here who lives in the USA and is tired of waiting for a RR version to show up here is about it buy the kit..
The RR version IS available. Its THe Sky Scout by Hitec. (Hitec and Multiplex are the same.)

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBVCW&P=7

Same plane.
Feb 12, 2013, 07:28 PM
Registered User
mgreinke's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingwrecker
The RR version IS available. Its THe Sky Scout by Hitec. (Hitec and Multiplex are the same.)

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBVCW&P=7

Same plane.
Thanks WW. I didnt realize that. Looks like they are backordered but good to know the option exists.
Feb 12, 2013, 08:14 PM
I buy, I fly, I buy....
Wingwrecker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgreinke
Thanks WW. I didnt realize that. Looks like they are backordered but good to know the option exists.
Didnt notice ther backorder, sorry about that. They say mid feb but who knows. Another retailer may have it in stock. Google is your friend!
Feb 15, 2013, 06:13 PM
I buy, I fly, I buy....
Wingwrecker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingwrecker
Using the prop adapter that came with my motor, there is a gap of 3/8" between the back of the stock prop housing (spinner) and the front of the motor housing. Might this cause any negative flight characteristics under power?
Anyone?
Last edited by Wingwrecker; Feb 15, 2013 at 06:19 PM.
Feb 15, 2013, 06:30 PM
Registered User
How would you fiberglass the bottom of this model if epoxy will not stick to this foam?
Any ideas would help, I thought I saw where someone was using polycrylic and light fiberglass will this work?

Ken smith
Feb 15, 2013, 08:29 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
waynemia's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Smith
How would you fiberglass the bottom of this model if epoxy will not stick to this foam?
Any ideas would help, I thought I saw where someone was using polycrylic and light fiberglass will this work?

Ken smith
You might try here:

http://parkflyerplastics.com/cart/in...ain_page=index
Feb 16, 2013, 02:13 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Smith
How would you fiberglass the bottom of this model if epoxy will not stick to this foam?
Any ideas would help, I thought I saw where someone was using polycrylic and light fiberglass will this work?

Ken smith
http://hbfpnl.wordpress.com/glassing...-easy-star-ii/
Feb 16, 2013, 02:20 AM
Registered User
mike_o's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingwrecker
Anyone?
It will add drag. Will shortening the motor shaft help? If so, do that.
Feb 16, 2013, 02:18 PM
I buy, I fly, I buy....
Wingwrecker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_o
It will add drag. Will shortening the motor shaft help? If so, do that.
I also don't like how far the rear of the adapter sticks so far out from the back of the prop assembly.. Gah. Two LHS's with no luck. Gregoo looks like he figured it out but I the translator boogers up my question..
Feb 16, 2013, 05:13 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj604
I particularly like the NTM 28-26 for the powered glider configuration. Very smooth running, light and easy to fit. Don't forget you need some 3mm bolts to hold it in it as the motor comes with no accessories. Easiest way is to buy their accessory pack and get all the other bits that might be useful later.
I screwed up and forgot the accessories package. Anyone have the spec on the 3mm bolt so I can go hunting for some?

Thanks.
Steve
Feb 16, 2013, 06:12 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig
That's when Spektrum's "Model Match" or similar features can safe the day.

Jürgen
Back in the days of my youth, when we had to beat trees into pulp to make paper, we had a transmitter and a plane with a receiver. None of this model memory and model match stuff. Even servos had to be purchased with the proper directional attitude! Things were so much simpler...
Feb 16, 2013, 08:22 PM
I buy, I fly, I buy....
Wingwrecker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalsteve
Back in the days of my youth, when we had to beat trees into pulp to make paper, we had a transmitter and a plane with a receiver. None of this model memory and model match stuff. Even servos had to be purchased with the proper directional attitude! Things were so much simpler...
And you had to walk 10 miles to school in 6 feet of snow, uphill both ways?
Feb 18, 2013, 03:38 AM
Registered User
rcmaverick's Avatar
I am looking at ways to strengthen the tail and horizontal stab of my Easystar I as it gets easily damaged while transporting. I have taped 2 BBQ sticks as the horiz stab was warped. The tail (vertical stab) is not exactly perpendicular to the fuse. Anyone know of a "lightweight" solution to keep it perfectly vertical. Perhaps right angled CF brackets that no one makes..

Moved to EZ* 1 forum..
Last edited by rcmaverick; Feb 18, 2013 at 11:15 PM.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Multiplex Easy Star james mack Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W) 2 Oct 17, 2011 07:33 AM
Discussion Multiplex EASY STAR rickhensley Electric Sailplanes 92 Oct 13, 2011 02:43 PM
Sold Receiver Ready Brushless Multiplex Easy Star with Lipo, Pen Cam, & More! eagleswings Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 10 Jul 12, 2011 03:28 PM
For Sale Easy Star Multiplex Brushless Motor Power Pack techcapsule Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Jul 11, 2011 03:11 PM