Thread Tools
Old Aug 01, 2012, 11:18 PM
eckace1 is offline
Find More Posts by eckace1
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
Looks like the HK Blixler just copied the EZ2 with it's new Bixler 2.
1300kv motor with 7x5 prop. Pre formed flaps if wanted..

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...laps_ARF_.html
Gene tell me again why I should by the ez2.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2012, 01:37 AM
Cannonballer is offline
Find More Posts by Cannonballer
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
Looks like the HK Blixler just copied the EZ2 with it's new Bixler 2.
1300kv motor with 7x5 prop. Pre formed flaps if wanted..

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...laps_ARF_.html
Now if only it had a removable tail and came in a kit.
Seems to be only ARF. For now at least.
Old Aug 02, 2012, 01:46 AM
Colonel Blink is online now
Find More Posts by Colonel Blink
So I'M meant to be in control?
Colonel Blink's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckace1 View Post
Gene tell me again why I should by the ez2.
I....erm.........ahem........well.........

Seriously, as far as I can see, the Bixler 2 isnt actually a copy of the EZII - its more a 'Super Bixler'. Construction would appear to be the same as the Bixler I; ie it doesn't have the QD motor facility (pod is all foam with no hatch), it doesn't look to have the removable tailplane (yes Bob, we know you don't see that as a plus), and it remains to be seen what quality the hardware is. Also I'm not sure why they've gone with a clear canopy, given that no vacformed plastic I've ever seen is worth pointing a camera through. But the biggest downside for me is that HK still insist on using that damn fool bloody stupid name...... I refuse to promote an annoyingly irritating complete ar$e like JB (or his equally irritating minion). Oh that and the fact that I have a personal policy of not ordering anything from HK that has a high enough value that I may want to return if damaged, given that their returns policy is at best poor and at worst non-existent.

I like the idea of the flaps though - could be a lot of fun....

Bob, I want you to order one so we can get the goss straight from the horse's mouth. Looks like a nice model. But I know you, Bob - you'd miss us all here if you had to go play with the strange boys on Bixler Street.



DISCLAIMER:
All the above ignores whatever pricing policy the importer into your country chooses to follow - which in the US seems to be an issue for many.
Last edited by Colonel Blink; Aug 02, 2012 at 01:54 AM.
Old Aug 02, 2012, 10:04 PM
eckace1 is offline
Find More Posts by eckace1
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Blink View Post
I....erm.........ahem........well.........

Seriously, as far as I can see, the Bixler 2 isnt actually a copy of the EZII - its more a 'Super Bixler'. Construction would appear to be the same as the Bixler I; ie it doesn't have the QD motor facility (pod is all foam with no hatch), it doesn't look to have the removable tailplane (yes Bob, we know you don't see that as a plus), and it remains to be seen what quality the hardware is. Also I'm not sure why they've gone with a clear canopy, given that no vacformed plastic I've ever seen is worth pointing a camera through. But the biggest downside for me is that HK still insist on using that damn fool bloody stupid name...... I refuse to promote an annoyingly irritating complete ar$e like JB (or his equally irritating minion). Oh that and the fact that I have a personal policy of not ordering anything from HK that has a high enough value that I may want to return if damaged, given that their returns policy is at best poor and at worst non-existent.

I like the idea of the flaps though - could be a lot of fun....

Bob, I want you to order one so we can get the goss straight from the horse's mouth. Looks like a nice model. But I know you, Bob - you'd miss us all here if you had to go play with the strange boys on Bixler Street.



DISCLAIMER:
All the above ignores whatever pricing policy the importer into your country chooses to follow - which in the US seems to be an issue for many.
You know me to well thats why I ordered another Radian couldn't pass up the price $85 shipped.

I'm holding out for the blue wing EZ 2
Old Aug 03, 2012, 02:47 PM
ZSimon is offline
Find More Posts by ZSimon
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Blink View Post
I....erm.........ahem........well.........

Seriously, as far as I can see, the Bixler 2 isnt actually a copy of the EZII
Just like the merlin vs kinetic hehehe
Old Aug 04, 2012, 12:02 AM
Stantheman is offline
Find More Posts by Stantheman
Stantheman
I buy only receiver-ready aircraft since I use only Futaba equipment and I would not buy from Hobby King if the price was only ONE dollar! Does anyone know if the EZ ll or the Sky Scout will be available as a receiver-ready model?
Old Aug 04, 2012, 02:27 AM
Jurgen Heilig is offline
Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
Registered User
Jurgen Heilig's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stantheman View Post
... Does anyone know if the EZ ll or the Sky Scout will be available as a receiver-ready model?
In this case, you have to look for the Sky Scout P2GO version or the RR (Receiver Ready) version of the EasyStar II.

Jürgen
Old Aug 04, 2012, 08:52 PM
waldoi is offline
Find More Posts by waldoi
Registered User
what brand of paint do you use on elapor?
Old Aug 04, 2012, 10:11 PM
Tom Eutsler is offline
Find More Posts by Tom Eutsler
Registered User
Tom Eutsler's Avatar

paint


Quote:
Originally Posted by waldoi View Post
what brand of paint do you use on elapor?
Bout any kind , I have used Tamiya , & rattle can paint from local auto store

Clean surface with ETOH [ or denatured alcohol ] to clean the molding release

stuff off
Old Aug 05, 2012, 08:31 AM
Verid is offline
Find More Posts by Verid
Registered User
Summer holidays flight

Loty nad Duszatynem (3 min 0 sec)
Old Aug 05, 2012, 11:07 AM
mwoneal is offline
Find More Posts by mwoneal
Registered User
Nice flying, like the limbo move at 1:39.
Old Aug 05, 2012, 02:09 PM
Colonel Blink is online now
Find More Posts by Colonel Blink
So I'M meant to be in control?
Colonel Blink's Avatar
Great video, Verid! One of the first videos in ages that I have watched all the way through.
Old Aug 05, 2012, 02:46 PM
Stantheman is offline
Find More Posts by Stantheman
Stantheman
Verid, you are the master!!! Thanks for sharing.
Old Aug 05, 2012, 04:20 PM
Verid is offline
Find More Posts by Verid
Registered User
Thank guys, glad you like it. It's far from mastery but this location (known as Duszatyn) have very special place in my heart so I tried to do my best. Tons of wonderful memories I got there.....
Old Aug 05, 2012, 04:35 PM
Tom Eutsler is offline
Find More Posts by Tom Eutsler
Registered User
Tom Eutsler's Avatar

Where


Quote:
Originally Posted by Verid View Post
Thank guys, glad you like it. It's far from mastery but this location (known as Duszatyn) have very special place in my heart so I tried to do my best. Tons of wonderful memories I got there.....
Where is that place ? ,for us over here, to learn about


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Multiplex Easy Star james mack Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W) 2 Oct 17, 2011 08:33 AM
Discussion Multiplex EASY STAR rickhensley Electric Sailplanes 92 Oct 13, 2011 03:43 PM
Sold Receiver Ready Brushless Multiplex Easy Star with Lipo, Pen Cam, & More! eagleswings Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 10 Jul 12, 2011 04:28 PM
For Sale Easy Star Multiplex Brushless Motor Power Pack techcapsule Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Jul 11, 2011 04:11 PM