Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 01, 2012, 10:18 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE
Looks like the HK Blixler just copied the EZ2 with it's new Bixler 2.
1300kv motor with 7x5 prop. Pre formed flaps if wanted..

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...laps_ARF_.html
Gene tell me again why I should by the ez2.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 02, 2012, 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE
Looks like the HK Blixler just copied the EZ2 with it's new Bixler 2.
1300kv motor with 7x5 prop. Pre formed flaps if wanted..

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...laps_ARF_.html
Now if only it had a removable tail and came in a kit.
Seems to be only ARF. For now at least.
Aug 02, 2012, 12:46 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckace1
Gene tell me again why I should by the ez2.
I....erm.........ahem........well.........

Seriously, as far as I can see, the Bixler 2 isnt actually a copy of the EZII - its more a 'Super Bixler'. Construction would appear to be the same as the Bixler I; ie it doesn't have the QD motor facility (pod is all foam with no hatch), it doesn't look to have the removable tailplane (yes Bob, we know you don't see that as a plus), and it remains to be seen what quality the hardware is. Also I'm not sure why they've gone with a clear canopy, given that no vacformed plastic I've ever seen is worth pointing a camera through. But the biggest downside for me is that HK still insist on using that damn fool bloody stupid name...... I refuse to promote an annoyingly irritating complete ar$e like JB (or his equally irritating minion). Oh that and the fact that I have a personal policy of not ordering anything from HK that has a high enough value that I may want to return if damaged, given that their returns policy is at best poor and at worst non-existent.

I like the idea of the flaps though - could be a lot of fun....

Bob, I want you to order one so we can get the goss straight from the horse's mouth. Looks like a nice model. But I know you, Bob - you'd miss us all here if you had to go play with the strange boys on Bixler Street.

DISCLAIMER:
All the above ignores whatever pricing policy the importer into your country chooses to follow - which in the US seems to be an issue for many.
Last edited by Colonel Blink; Aug 02, 2012 at 12:54 AM.
Aug 02, 2012, 09:04 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Blink

Seriously, as far as I can see, the Bixler 2 isnt actually a copy of the EZII - its more a 'Super Bixler'. Construction would appear to be the same as the Bixler I; ie it doesn't have the QD motor facility (pod is all foam with no hatch), it doesn't look to have the removable tailplane (yes Bob, we know you don't see that as a plus), and it remains to be seen what quality the hardware is. Also I'm not sure why they've gone with a clear canopy, given that no vacformed plastic I've ever seen is worth pointing a camera through. But the biggest downside for me is that HK still insist on using that damn fool bloody stupid name...... I refuse to promote an annoyingly irritating complete ar$e like JB (or his equally irritating minion). Oh that and the fact that I have a personal policy of not ordering anything from HK that has a high enough value that I may want to return if damaged, given that their returns policy is at best poor and at worst non-existent.

I like the idea of the flaps though - could be a lot of fun....

Bob, I want you to order one so we can get the goss straight from the horse's mouth. Looks like a nice model. But I know you, Bob - you'd miss us all here if you had to go play with the strange boys on Bixler Street.

DISCLAIMER:
All the above ignores whatever pricing policy the importer into your country chooses to follow - which in the US seems to be an issue for many.
You know me to well thats why I ordered another Radian couldn't pass up the price $85 shipped.

I'm holding out for the blue wing EZ 2
Aug 03, 2012, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Blink

Seriously, as far as I can see, the Bixler 2 isnt actually a copy of the EZII
Just like the merlin vs kinetic hehehe
Aug 03, 2012, 11:02 PM
Stantheman
I buy only receiver-ready aircraft since I use only Futaba equipment and I would not buy from Hobby King if the price was only ONE dollar! Does anyone know if the EZ ll or the Sky Scout will be available as a receiver-ready model?
Aug 04, 2012, 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stantheman
... Does anyone know if the EZ ll or the Sky Scout will be available as a receiver-ready model?
In this case, you have to look for the Sky Scout P2GO version or the RR (Receiver Ready) version of the EasyStar II.

Jürgen
Aug 04, 2012, 07:52 PM
what brand of paint do you use on elapor?
Aug 04, 2012, 09:11 PM

paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldoi
what brand of paint do you use on elapor?
Bout any kind , I have used Tamiya , & rattle can paint from local auto store

Clean surface with ETOH [ or denatured alcohol ] to clean the molding release

stuff off
Aug 05, 2012, 07:31 AM
Summer holidays flight

Loty nad Duszatynem (3 min 0 sec)
Aug 05, 2012, 10:07 AM
Nice flying, like the limbo move at 1:39.
Aug 05, 2012, 01:09 PM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Great video, Verid! One of the first videos in ages that I have watched all the way through.
Aug 05, 2012, 01:46 PM
Stantheman
Verid, you are the master!!! Thanks for sharing.
Aug 05, 2012, 03:20 PM
Thank guys, glad you like it. It's far from mastery but this location (known as Duszatyn) have very special place in my heart so I tried to do my best. Tons of wonderful memories I got there.....
Aug 05, 2012, 03:35 PM

Where

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verid
Thank guys, glad you like it. It's far from mastery but this location (known as Duszatyn) have very special place in my heart so I tried to do my best. Tons of wonderful memories I got there.....
Where is that place ? ,for us over here, to learn about