The Multiplex EasyStar II ... - Page 4 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Nov 14, 2011, 08:01 AM
Registered User
I wish they had implemented some cool aileron plugs into the wings like the Blizzard. Hard to do on a two piece wing I suppose but Multiplex always surprises me with their ingeniuity.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 14, 2011, 08:07 AM
Registered User
Jurgen Heilig's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt35r
I wish they had implemented some cool aileron plugs into the wings like the Blizzard. Hard to do on a two piece wing I suppose but Multiplex always surprises me with their ingeniuity.
MPX did it on the Cularis, but in contrary to the Cularis, the EasyStar II does not need ailerons and many customers may not even want to install ailerons.

Jürgen
Nov 14, 2011, 09:10 AM
Registered User
rcaddict247's Avatar
i think ailerons are a cool edition to the plane as well as the removable horazontal stab if you only have a car like me with almost no trunk space being able to have full 4channel control as well as being able to pack it away into a box is very use full i cant wait for this in a rx-r version here in canada ill probably buy 2
Nov 14, 2011, 12:02 PM
Registered User
idletime's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig
Can we please not do that.

This thread should be about the EasyStar II. There are already many threads for the old version.

Jürgen
While I can understand that.....I still curious how other people came up with and implemented this idea. At the very least, it gives a back drop as to why it was done on the Easystar II.
Nov 15, 2011, 02:02 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig
MPX did it on the Cularis, but in contrary to the Cularis, the EasyStar II does not need ailerons and many customers may not even want to install ailerons.

Jürgen
I didn't know the Cularis had those, must have been easier to implement with the size of the plane plus needing 2 servos per wing half. I hate plugging the Merlin aileron leads in its a fiddly job for sure.

Do you think the EZ II will have enough authority on ailerons to fly without rudder?
Nov 15, 2011, 02:22 AM
Registered User
Jurgen Heilig's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt35r
...
Do you think the EZ II will have enough authority on ailerons to fly without rudder?
Sure, but why would anybody want to get rid of the rudder, when it's already there? There are many simple aerobatic maneuvers which require rudder and when you use the ailerons as airbrakes (= spoilerons), you'll be happy to have full rudder control still available.

Jürgen
Nov 15, 2011, 03:00 AM
Mark Harrison
I just listened to the rcgroups podcast. They talked to the hitec guy, and he said the EZ* II will be available in the US around February. Sadly, they've picked some stupid US-only name for the thing. However they spell it, I will continue to pronounce it "EZ*". :-)

He mentioned that the original EZ* has been so popular that the molds actually wore out.
Nov 15, 2011, 05:50 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig
Sure, but why would anybody want to get rid of the rudder, when it's already there? There are many simple aerobatic maneuvers which require rudder and when you use the ailerons as airbrakes (= spoilerons), you'll be happy to have full rudder control still available.

Jürgen
For me its an FPV consideration. Rudder stick = camera pan if you can do without the rudder.
I loved the EZ and am hoping the II might be better at handling turbulence if ailerons are in use.
Nov 15, 2011, 06:01 AM
Registered User
Jurgen Heilig's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt35r
For me its an FPV consideration. Rudder stick = camera pan if you can do without the rudder.
...
In this case I would just use a switchable mixer.
Mix-Off: Rudder stick controls rudder (i.e. normal function).
Mix-On: Rudder stick controls camera (rudder function deactivated)

Jürgen
Nov 15, 2011, 06:07 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Colonel Blink's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by marhar
Sadly, they've picked some stupid US-only name for the thing. However they spell it, I will continue to pronounce it "EZ*"
What......."Ee-Zed-apostrophe.......?????"

Nov 15, 2011, 08:34 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig
In this case I would just use a switchable mixer.
Mix-Off: Rudder stick controls rudder (i.e. normal function).
Mix-On: Rudder stick controls camera (rudder function deactivated)

Jürgen
Wow, that would be cool. I'll have to see if my ageing Futaba can do that
Nov 18, 2011, 07:32 AM
Registered User
Does anyone know when it will be available in the US?
Nov 18, 2011, 09:51 AM
Registered User
trying_to_fly's Avatar
February
Nov 19, 2011, 09:46 PM
Registered User
Does anyone know if they are going to offer the original EZ once the EZ II is available?

Thank you Todd?
Nov 20, 2011, 01:22 AM
Registered User
Jurgen Heilig's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhawk1
Does anyone know if they are going to offer the original EZ once the EZ II is available?
...
Considering the price reduction of the old EasyStar (€64,90 down to €44,44), I guess it will be discontinued.

Jürgen


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Multiplex Easy Star james mack Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W) 2 Oct 17, 2011 08:33 AM
Discussion Multiplex EASY STAR rickhensley Electric Sailplanes 92 Oct 13, 2011 03:43 PM
Sold Receiver Ready Brushless Multiplex Easy Star with Lipo, Pen Cam, & More! eagleswings Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 10 Jul 12, 2011 04:28 PM
For Sale Easy Star Multiplex Brushless Motor Power Pack techcapsule Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Jul 11, 2011 04:11 PM