Oct 20, 2011, 08:27 AM
certified crash instructor
Thread OP
Discussion

The new blade msr x!

Blade raises the bar yet again with the mSR X; the world’s first fixed-pitch ultra micro heli with advanced AS3X™ flybarless stabilization. The core of AS3X technology is a sophisticated, 3-axis digital sensor that stabilizes the rotor head and functions as a heading hold gyro. This, along with its powerful motors and high-precision cyclic servos, gives the mSR X a sense of stability and responsiveness no other fixed-pitch heli its size can match. BNF @ $119.99 and RTF @ $149.99 Check out more info here http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/D...#quickOverview
Blade mSR X RTF and BNF Basic by BLADE (2 min 10 sec)
Last edited by slo-fly; Nov 21, 2011 at 11:57 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 20, 2011, 08:32 AM
Addict of Everything
Yep. So AS3X. Coming mid-December. Flybarless.

Hmm... probably not much of an upgrade really.
Oct 20, 2011, 08:45 AM
Thread OP
The flybar is gone at least! I'm hoping it will fly a bit different from the the original msr. Maybe the good folks at HH can send me a free sample so I can test it out, write a review and get some good footage taped asap (maybe get some footage of this thing doing some inverted tricks?) I really like the original msr, especially when I started doing some inverted tricks with it. I wonder what the msr x is capable of? I'm sure I could push it to the limits and then some! I can't wait to try it out!
Oct 20, 2011, 08:54 AM
Addict of Everything
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo-fly
The flybar is gone at least! I'm hoping it will fly a bit different from the the original msr. Maybe the good folks at HH can send me a free sample so I can test it out, write a review and get some good footage taped asap (maybe get some footage of this thing doing some inverted tricks?) I really like the original msr, especially when I started doing some inverted tricks with it. I wonder what the msr x is capable of? I'm sure I could push it to the limits and then some! I can't wait to try it out!
You mean physically unscrewing the blades and installing them upside down? It's an FP.....
Oct 20, 2011, 08:55 AM
My name is Tony
Can we hope to have a DX4e TX with RTF kit?
Oct 20, 2011, 09:06 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogibbear
You mean physically unscrewing the blades and installing them upside down? It's an FP.....
No. Even though it's a fixed pitch it can still do some inverted tricks like flips, loops and rolls. It doesn't do them like a cp can and it won't hover upside down (unless you flip the blades around) but it is still capable of doing some tricks for a fp. Check out my msr vid, best to watch it in fullscreen HD cause it's hard to see
Blade Msr getting tricky! (1 min 36 sec)
Blade Msr flips and loops high performance flying crazy (0 min 51 sec)
Oct 20, 2011, 09:10 AM
Gone Huckin'
I think I'll be picking up one of these. I bought the original mSR and had fun with it but the flybar was a bit of a pain. Then I got my first taste of a flybarless setup with the mCPx and it was pretty awesome!

I think this will make an excellent indoor casual heli. The new gyro should solve many problems that I had with my mSR and make hovers much more stable!

Hopefully they'll release a BNF version too.
Oct 20, 2011, 09:10 AM
Gone Huckin'
Doh! Nevermind. I see that they are already planning on releaseing the BNF version. I'll be getting one of those!
Oct 20, 2011, 09:13 AM
Warbird & Jet Lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogibbear
Yep. So AS3X. Coming mid-December. Flybarless.

Hmm... probably not much of an upgrade really.
Actually it's a very nice upgrade! I would say the mSR X is about a half-step above the original mSR if the mCP X is a full step. It's not a true, direct replacement for the mSR.

AS3X makes the mSR X very stable, from the standpoint that once you establish an attitude, the heli keeps that attitude. It's very stable in a hover, but it's also stable in other attitudes without the self-correcting tendencies you saw in the mSR. For example, with the original mSR, it was difficult to keep the heli in forward flight without experiencing a pitch-up at some point. Not so with the mSR X.

Because the self-correcting tendencies are significantly reduced, the mSR X is not as suitable for the beginner as the original mSR. But the rewards of the AS3X system are a very fast, agile, durable, and fun heli for the experienced pilot. It handles the wind better outside, and can even be looped. It makes a great platform for practicing backwards flight, funnels, pirouetting funnels, etc, without worrying about crash damage. This is a really fun machine.
Oct 20, 2011, 09:14 AM
My name is Tony
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm
[...] Hopefully they'll release a BNF version too.
http://beta.horizonhobby.com/product...-basic-BLH3250

$119.99
Oct 20, 2011, 09:15 AM
Warbird & Jet Lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm
Doh! Nevermind. I see that they are already planning on releaseing the BNF version. I'll be getting one of those!
Actually it's a BNF Basic, which means no battery or charger to keep costs down.

I will call attention to the new 150mAh, 25C Li-Po, however, that ships with the RTF. Excellent new battery.
Oct 20, 2011, 09:16 AM
Gone Huckin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt
Actually it's a very nice upgrade! I would say the mSR X is about a half-step above the original mSR if the mCP X is a full step. It's not a true, direct replacement for the mSR.

AS3X makes the mSR X very stable, from the standpoint that once you establish an attitude, the heli keeps that attitude. It's very stable in a hover, but it's also stable in other attitudes without the self-correcting tendencies you saw in the mSR. For example, with the original mSR, it was difficult to keep the heli in forward flight without experiencing a pitch-up at some point. Not so with the mSR X.

Because the self-correcting tendencies are significantly reduced, the mSR X is not as suitable for the beginner as the original mSR. But the rewards of the AS3X system are a very fast, agile, durable, and fun heli for the experienced pilot. It handles the wind better outside, and can even be looped. It makes a great platform for practicing backwards flight, funnels, pirouetting funnels, etc, without worrying about crash damage. This is a really fun machine.
Thanks for chiming in Dave. You basically confirmed what I hoped the new mSRx would be. I liked the mSR but the self correcting tendencies became limiting/frustrating after a while. But it was it was and it was a solid introduction to flying heli's for me. I'm mostly a fixed wing guy but I foresee myself getting this new mSR to once again bring terror back into my house! The dog thought she was past her days of being chased by my heli's but no longer!!

It's also cool that it will handle wind better - I can take it in the yard too.

Good job on all the new releases today!
Oct 20, 2011, 09:21 AM
Addict of Everything
Quote:
Actually it's a BNF Basic, which means no battery or charger to keep costs down.

I will call attention to the new 150mAh, 25C Li-Po, however, that ships with the RTF. Excellent new battery.
Which is like a million times more appealing. Everyone has a hundred different e-flite chargers that they never use.
Oct 20, 2011, 09:21 AM
Live to ride... and fly!
Quote:
For example, with the original mSR, it was difficult to keep the heli in forward flight without experiencing a pitch-up at some point. Not so with the mSR X.
That's a big difference right there. I liked the mSR, but fast forward flight was a cumbersome affair and limited the outdoor appeal. I've since moved on to the mCP-X which I LOVE outdoors, but this new mSR sounds like a big improvement over the old one.

Now if I might make a suggestion, I'm dying for a 120 sized version of the mCP-X
Oct 20, 2011, 09:26 AM
Gone Huckin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tres Wright
That's a big difference right there. I liked the mSR, but fast forward flight was a cumbersome affair and limited the outdoor appeal. I've since moved on to the mCP-X which I LOVE outdoors, but this new mSR sounds like a big improvement over the old one.

Now if I might make a suggestion, I'm dying for a 120 sized version of the mCP-X
Agree on ALL points there. I've since sold my mCPx but mainly because I found it to be an odd combo. It's too small (for me personally) for good outdoor fun. It handles wind VERY well but once it got more than about 50 feet away it was hard to keep orientation. But it was also too fast for indoor flight (again... for me personally but I'm definitely in the beginner range of heli flight). But outside of those it was a wonderful heli. Rock solid and tons of fun.

So... I think a 120 sized (maybe a 120 CPx) would be really sweet. I'm tempted to go with the 450x and just see what happens though.

And I agree that FFF with the mSR was a bit tricky. I think the new mSRx will be greatly improved in that area.

Quick Reply