Official Eflite UMX Beast 3D - Page 65 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jan 09, 2012, 08:04 PM
Registered User
MugMan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapala
Are the 210 miniaviations lipos to heavy or do they work pretty good compared to the nano tech 180 2s?
I got a couple Miniaviation 210s last week and so far I'm pretty happy with them.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 09, 2012, 08:11 PM
Registered User
MugMan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmon
very true, but I doubt the geebee will have very good vertical performance, top speed for sure but I bet if pointed up for long it'll quickly slow and probably fall. If I had easy access to an optical tach I'd order a 3000kv and test it though.
I watched them fly at the JR Fest and they didn't seem to have any problem climbing. Did aileron rolls straight up all the way to the top of the dome.
Jan 09, 2012, 08:29 PM
30 RC's and counting
Bmr4life's Avatar
Man, I may be getting one of these. I love the gyros!
Jan 09, 2012, 08:32 PM
Parkzone junkie
kalmon's Avatar
MugMan what prop is that on you beast in your avatar?

Also I've got my 6030 prop reamed out, just waiting on the new prop adapter from HH, I'll let everyone know how it flies.
Jan 09, 2012, 08:39 PM
**I'm Battman**
RCBABBEL's Avatar
I'm much more excited about the Gee Bee after watching this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=nIo-Jbpea5g#



rc
Jan 09, 2012, 08:46 PM
Registered User
Remember, the beast 3d is 35% lighter then the Gee Bee! i dont think the 5043 will be a good match as its pitch is too great and would tap the lipos too much. The 5030 on the 3000kv should be equiv. to the V! motor and 5043 and the new 5.25x 3.5 should be that much better although grey.

Now..........what would really bring both these props alive on the 3000kv motor would be if someone made a 35c pack : ))))))))))
Jan 09, 2012, 08:48 PM
Registered User
MugMan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmon
MugMan what prop is that on you beast in your avatar?

Also I've got my 6030 prop reamed out, just waiting on the new prop adapter from HH, I'll let everyone know how it flies.
It's a GWS 3 blade prop, 5030 (I think) that I cut down about 1/4" on each blade. I wish I had not cut it down because it didn't have enough thrust, but I was afraid it might draw too much amperage if I didn't cut it.

I tried it out because I wanted it to look like the full scale Beast. I have since gone back to using the GWS 5030 on my V1 and still using the stock prop on my V2.
Jan 09, 2012, 09:42 PM
I'd rather be flying!
turboparker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidaven
Remember, the beast 3d is 35% lighter then the Gee Bee! i dont think the 5043 will be a good match as its pitch is too great and would tap the lipos too much. The 5030 on the 3000kv should be equiv. to the V! motor and 5043 and the new 5.25x 3.5 should be that much better although grey.

Now..........what would really bring both these props alive on the 3000kv motor would be if someone made a 35c pack : ))))))))))
Dave,

So far, the only true high-current option I'm aware of is Thunder Power's 65c TP325-2SPP65J. Unfortunately, it weighs a portly 22 grams. Hyperion's VX packs are 35c, and their EX packs are 45c, but their UM-sized cells are all 25c. The trend in UMs seems to be going towards higher-performance aircraft with more features. The current crop of UM ships already asks more of these little 25c cells can what they can comfortably deliver. Would be great if Hyperion or TP would extend their high-current offerings to the UM world.

Joel
Last edited by turboparker; Jan 09, 2012 at 11:12 PM.
Jan 09, 2012, 09:47 PM
**I'm Battman**
RCBABBEL's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidaven
Remember, the beast 3d is 35% lighter then the Gee Bee! i dont think the 5043 will be a good match as its pitch is too great and would tap the lipos too much. The 5030 on the 3000kv should be equiv. to the V! motor and 5043 and the new 5.25x 3.5 should be that much better although grey.

Now..........what would really bring both these props alive on the 3000kv motor would be if someone made a 35c pack : ))))))))))
hi,

Thunder Power is about the only option right now.
2S 325s are heavy even stripped down. (20+g)


Looking forward to trying this bad batt in a Gee Bee with all it's lift...
Was a bit heavy for the Beast.

rc
Jan 09, 2012, 10:15 PM
Parkzone junkie
kalmon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MugMan
It's a GWS 3 blade prop, 5030 (I think) that I cut down about 1/4" on each blade. I wish I had not cut it down because it didn't have enough thrust, but I was afraid it might draw too much amperage if I didn't cut it.

I tried it out because I wanted it to look like the full scale Beast. I have since gone back to using the GWS 5030 on my V1 and still using the stock prop on my V2.
That the same prop I use on my umx sbach. I just reamed the hole and threw it on. On the sbach it works great. I think on the beast longer is going to better (that's right ladies ) as the cowling is blocking so much of the prop and there is LOTS of ground clearance.
Jan 09, 2012, 11:59 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
HuffDaddy's Avatar
AS3X™ = Artificial Stabilization in 3 Axis
Jan 10, 2012, 12:28 AM
Registered Addict
Kris...'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL

PM me anytime for ordering details or questions.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/priv...=newpm&u=54990


Let the good times roll!



rc
Any ETA on the Babble TX Glove yet ?






Jan 10, 2012, 12:56 AM
**I'm Battman**
RCBABBEL's Avatar
Kris,
Jan 10, 2012, 10:51 AM
BMFA 190658
SilentPilot's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL
Looking forward to trying this bad batt in a Gee Bee with all it's lift...
Was a bit heavy for the Beast.

rc
Eh

Gee Bee has more lift than a Biplane? Maybe just because it goes faster
Jan 10, 2012, 10:53 AM
Diverted by planks
tracknoob's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL
I'm much more excited about the Gee Bee after watching this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=nIo-Jbpea5g#



rc
Yeah, that was a very good video. Informative and impressive.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Official Eflite UMX Beast Owners thread! darksiede Micro Ready-to-Fly 19846 Nov 02, 2017 11:30 PM
Sold Eflite UMX Beast w/3batt and charger $120 shipped RobDog Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Feb 06, 2011 10:40 PM
Wanted eflite UMX Beast fnlrun Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 11 Dec 12, 2010 05:23 AM
Sold eflite UMX BEAST TERMAGATOR Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 8 Dec 04, 2010 02:16 AM