Dec 08, 2011, 10:37 PM
RC Pilot / Photographer
-= GYRO =-'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbovector View Post
Now...how to get slickg66's order? Since I have been waiting these last few weeks, I ordered all the components to fly this plane (just getting back into the hobby after taking a few years off). I have the e-flite charger, some miniaviation lipos, the servo covers from the mini-stryker, and a dx6i that is still on the way. The suspense is killing me!!!!!!!
Here is what happened:

I went poking around today (by chance) on HH's website, and saw that the Beast was listed as "In Stock" so I immediately called HH. They pulled up my order, and immediately shipped it. They said they are going to get to the outstanding orders as quickly as they can. Essentially, it was just luck.
I also live 1 day's shipping from their distribution center in Ontario, CA, so that also speeds it up!

edit:

I just ran the tracking number, and if HH delivers it to fedex tonight, tomorrow is the anticipated delivery!!!!
Last edited by -= GYRO =-; Dec 08, 2011 at 10:48 PM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 08, 2011, 10:53 PM
Your customer
Silverexpress's Avatar
lol
Dec 08, 2011, 11:00 PM
"Kneel before Zod!"
turbovector's Avatar
You lucky dog.



edit: This just in....now when I go to HH.com, the Beast shows as out of stock......
Last edited by turbovector; Dec 09, 2011 at 12:25 AM.
Dec 09, 2011, 06:29 AM
I'd rather be flying
baddb1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickg66 View Post
Here is what happened:

I went poking around today (by chance) on HH's website, and saw that the Beast was listed as "In Stock" so I immediately called HH. They pulled up my order, and immediately shipped it. They said they are going to get to the outstanding orders as quickly as they can. Essentially, it was just luck.
I also live 1 day's shipping from their distribution center in Ontario, CA, so that also speeds it up!

edit:

I just ran the tracking number, and if HH delivers it to fedex tonight, tomorrow is the anticipated delivery!!!!
In other words, you butt in front of the rest of us waiting patiently for them to ship our backorders.
Dec 09, 2011, 08:29 AM
Registered User
P.I.Engineer's Avatar
Squeaky wheel gets the grease
Dec 09, 2011, 09:51 AM
RC Pilot / Photographer
-= GYRO =-'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddb1 View Post
In other words, you butt in front of the rest of us waiting patiently for them to ship our backorders.
Wow, seriously?

Then I'll especailly enjoy telling you this. When I called HH, I also asked for the original shippnig charge to be waived based on their current promotion for free shipping... which they happily did. I love HH's customer service!
Oh, and when I went to to track the package this morning, here is what I see on FedEx's page right now: "Dec 9, 2011 7:55 AM -- On FedEx vehicle for delivery -- HENDERSON, NV"

Enjoying being patient, I'll enjoy flying my Beast 3D tonight.
Last edited by -= GYRO =-; Dec 09, 2011 at 10:22 AM. Reason: tracking update
Dec 09, 2011, 11:24 AM
Registered User

Still in stock


Horizon showed the beast 3d in stock when i just checked two min ago. My pre order still has not shipped tho. Very jealous, slick. Be sure to post about it, give me something for the weekend
Dec 09, 2011, 12:02 PM
I'd rather be flying
baddb1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickg66 View Post
Wow, seriously?

Then I'll especailly enjoy telling you this. When I called HH, I also asked for the original shippnig charge to be waived based on their current promotion for free shipping... which they happily did. I love HH's customer service!
Oh, and when I went to to track the package this morning, here is what I see on FedEx's page right now: "Dec 9, 2011 7:55 AM -- On FedEx vehicle for delivery -- HENDERSON, NV"

Enjoying being patient, I'll enjoy flying my Beast 3D tonight.
LOL No, just jealous! I should have mine by the first part of next week. Can't wait!

Enjoy it this weekend and be sure to grab a video if you can!
Dec 09, 2011, 12:19 PM
Registered User
Just got off the phone with Horizon, 4000 planes backordered. Shipping is overwhelmed and they are short staffed. Mine will ship today rpobally Mon. or Tues.
Dec 09, 2011, 12:47 PM
RC Pilot / Photographer
-= GYRO =-'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddb1 View Post
LOL No, just jealous! I should have mine by the first part of next week. Can't wait!

Enjoy it this weekend and be sure to grab a video if you can!
I plan to ask someone to get some video while I'm flying!
Dec 09, 2011, 01:05 PM
Your customer
Silverexpress's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidaven View Post
Just got off the phone with Horizon, 4000 planes backordered. Shipping is overwhelmed and they are short staffed. Mine will ship today rpobally Mon. or Tues.
sigh...
Dec 09, 2011, 01:17 PM
RC Pilot / Photographer
-= GYRO =-'s Avatar
"Dec 9, 2011 10:41 AM -- Delivered -- Las Vegas, NV"

I need to hurry up and get home from work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
Dec 09, 2011, 01:23 PM
Your customer
Silverexpress's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickg66 View Post
"Dec 9, 2011 10:41 AM -- Delivered -- Las Vegas, NV"

I need to hurry up and get home from work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
Need a full report on what you think before the end of today. Stat!
Dec 09, 2011, 04:40 PM
Registered User
Aviefly's Avatar
This is where it gets interesting been watching this thread from the start. It will be very interesting to see some real world opinions and reviews. Very interested in owning one but am going to sit back and let you guys do all the testing have fun doing it and thanks in advance
Dec 09, 2011, 04:43 PM
RC Pilot / Photographer
-= GYRO =-'s Avatar

My new Beastie


Well, I got home and unboxed her, pics attached. So far she looks great. Feels a tad bit heavier than the previous beast, and the color shade seems slightly more red than before... but maybe thats just me. The servos DEFINITELY look different, seem to have a larger motor and a longer travel tube.
It looks like I'm not going to get to fly her today since my daughter's birthday party is in a few hours, but I'll take her to the field with me tomorrow, and get another club member to take some video.

I took a short video of the gyros working here in the house,: http://youtu.be/S3c3xbPKPws
Last edited by -= GYRO =-; Dec 09, 2011 at 05:17 PM.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Official Eflite UMX Beast Owners thread! darksiede Micro Ready-to-Fly 19567 Jan 21, 2017 01:40 PM
Sold Eflite UMX Beast w/3batt and charger $120 shipped RobDog Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Feb 06, 2011 09:40 PM
Wanted eflite UMX Beast fnlrun Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 11 Dec 12, 2010 04:23 AM
Sold eflite UMX BEAST TERMAGATOR Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 8 Dec 04, 2010 01:16 AM