Thread Tools
Dec 01, 2011, 02:43 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by awood12345
A Beast 3D at my local indoor meet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a4XN6ZhNRU
Thanks for trying to share it! Unfortunately, even though everyone in the US can apparently view it, we can't in Canada. All I get is:

-----------------------------------------------------
This video contains content from WMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
Sorry about that.
-----------------------------------------------------

Screw WMG, whoever they are.

Gord
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 03, 2011, 09:18 AM
Registered User

quality packs?


Joel, whats your reccomendation for 2 quality packs? i was going to go with the eflite ones but is there a better performing substitute?

-dave




Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
Dave,

The optimum prop will have to be determined once the new Beast is in our hands, as it uses a different motor & ESC than the original. Same goes for the performance. Props are cheap. Pick up a 5030 & 5043. Try them & see which one works best for you. It is also possible that the stock prop may be the best performer. Remember that quality packs will be even more important with the new Beast, due to the increased current.

Joel
Dec 03, 2011, 10:41 AM
I'd rather be flying!
turboparker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidaven
Joel, whats your reccomendation for 2 quality packs? i was going to go with the eflite ones but is there a better performing substitute?

-dave
Dave,

Homebrew Hyperion packs will provide the highest thrust-to-weight, and they can be charged @ 5c for 300 or more cycles without losing performance. See my blog thread on building packs for the Beast, Sbach, and Stryker 180 for details. If you don't want to build your own, talk to RCBabbel. He sells very well-built, lightweight plug & play Hyp 2s packs for the Beast, Sbach, and Stryker. With the V1 Beast, Hyp 120 mAh 2s packs are great for slow-flying, 3D & indoor, while the 180s are great for general flying & pattern-style aerobatics. The 240 packs are great for endurance, sport-flying, and flying in turbulence. The Hyp 120 packs may be a bit overloaded in the Beast 3D, given that it draws more current. I'd go with the 180 & 240 mAh packs. With the 5043 prop, you will have unlimited vertical.

Joel
Last edited by turboparker; Dec 03, 2011 at 10:49 AM.
Dec 04, 2011, 01:10 PM
Registered User
joel, how much more runtime do you get with the 240 vs. the 180?

-Dave
Dec 04, 2011, 03:23 PM
Registered User
I just preordered a Beast from the local HS. I pretty excited.
Question.... the park I fly my foamies is all grass. I belly land my foamies. taking off the landing gear and belly land the Beast on grass be an issue? I know there is servos on the bottom of the wing.
Dec 04, 2011, 06:17 PM
I'd rather be flying!
turboparker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidaven
joel, how much more runtime do you get with the 240 vs. the 180?

-Dave
Dave,

The plane hasn't been released yet, so how would anyone know this? All we know is that the Beast 3D draws a bit more current than the V1. Regarding flight-times & battery capacity - the relationship is linear. However long it flies on the 180, just extrapolate & you'll know how long it will fly on the 240.

Joel
Dec 04, 2011, 06:19 PM
I'd rather be flying!
turboparker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jl449
I just preordered a Beast from the local HS. I pretty excited.
Question.... the park I fly my foamies is all grass. I belly land my foamies. taking off the landing gear and belly land the Beast on grass be an issue? I know there is servos on the bottom of the wing.
Use the servo covers from the Stryker 180 & you'll be fine. Just be sure to set the plane down until the AS3X initializes, and it will be ready to go.

Joel
Dec 04, 2011, 10:23 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
Use the servo covers from the Stryker 180 & you'll be fine. Just be sure to set the plane down until the AS3X initializes, and it will be ready to go.

Joel
Going to order the Stryker 180 servo covers -- thanks for the input Joel!
Dec 05, 2011, 09:40 AM
Registered User
So has anyone heard if this is shipping this week? Just checking
Dec 05, 2011, 10:12 AM
**I'm Battman**
RCBABBEL's Avatar

Due In Stock: Thursday, December 08, 2011


All reports I've heard sound promising!

http://www.atlantahobby.com/store/pc...X-26p14278.htm

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=12411


rc
Dec 05, 2011, 12:43 PM
Registered User
will the 240 pack fit in the space provided without having to cut the foam?
Dec 05, 2011, 01:42 PM
**I'm Battman**
RCBABBEL's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidaven
will the 240 pack fit in the space provided without having to cut the foam?

My Hyp 2S 240s fit no problem in my V1 Beast.

Others have reported problems.

The new battery tray in the Beast 3D looks promising.

rc

E-flites UMX Beast 3D with AS3X Review (6 min 53 sec)
Dec 05, 2011, 07:25 PM
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL
My Hyp 2S 240s fit no problem in my V1 Beast.

Others have reported problems.

The new battery tray in the Beast 3D looks promising.

rc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaH62...layer_embedded
I agree with rc... If we can fit our 240's into the V1 Beast then it shouldn't be a problem in the V2. Especially since they made the battery tray thinner.
Dec 05, 2011, 08:31 PM
Registered User
according to that video they include a battery with the plane purchase?
Dec 05, 2011, 08:34 PM
**I'm Battman**
RCBABBEL's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidaven
according to that video they include a battery with the plane purchase?
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=12421


rc


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Official Eflite UMX Beast Owners thread! darksiede Micro Ready-to-Fly 19666 Jun 18, 2017 09:43 AM
Sold Eflite UMX Beast w/3batt and charger $120 shipped RobDog Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Feb 06, 2011 09:40 PM
Wanted eflite UMX Beast fnlrun Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 11 Dec 12, 2010 04:23 AM
Sold eflite UMX BEAST TERMAGATOR Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 8 Dec 04, 2010 01:16 AM