Oct 20, 2011, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tres Wright
LOL! You noticed that too, looks like a tight squeeze That's a 200 pack too. That cavernous fuse makes it look like a 60!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard0822
you could probably fit a power 10 on 4S, that should get it moving. Looks a bit larger than the other UMX planes, which I'm fine with, also sporting the 3000KV stryker motor, but with about twice the prop turning, this thing should be quick, and looks like the new board/ESC shold handle quite more power than the older brushless board.
LOL! I was hoping to get a 2200 in there but I guess a 1500 will do
to remove ads between posts
Oct 20, 2011, 04:11 PM
Hi Guys,
This will be a must have for me also! Once you have seen the full Scale fly, you will never
for get that Pratt & Whitney R-1340 engine sound!!!
Last edited by Joe Pierson; Oct 20, 2011 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Added rext
Oct 20, 2011, 04:21 PM
Have fun
that steerable tail wheel must be a design they havent used on ums before
Oct 20, 2011, 04:29 PM
Crash, Learn, Repeat
wow that is alot of options. I defiantly will be getting a geebee
Last edited by friz; Oct 20, 2011 at 04:59 PM.
Oct 20, 2011, 05:14 PM
Ego varius quis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt
The AS3X-equipped airplanes also feature a new servo design for this very reason (SPMSA2030L). Yes, flight time is slightly reduced as you have properly surmised.
Do you have any more information on these servos? Will they be used in an updated MCPx?

More important is the question of electronics reusability. One of the best aspects of buying a Micro P-51 is in the event of a severe crash to reuse the innards in any plane you wish. Given the potentially model-specific nature of gyro settings, I'm a bit worried I won't be able to make use of them on my own aircraft - or, potentially worse, won't be able to disable them at all.

Overall, I'm quite enthusiastic about this new development. Chinese knock-offs have been gaining ground quickly, and while some disapprove of the somewhat gratuitous marketing, I prefer innovation to the sort of anti-competitive practices you see in software or automotive technology. However, Oversky and various other generics are beginning to offer very competitive products at a third the price, and I'm on an awfully limited budget: Unless you make a very strong bid for my dollars, I'm opting for the ones that won't lose me a months' groceries if blown in the lake.
Oct 20, 2011, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead
Do you have any more information on these servos? Will they be used in an updated MCPx?

More important is the question of electronics reusability. One of the best aspects of buying a Micro P-51 is in the event of a severe crash to reuse the innards in any plane you wish. Given the potentially model-specific nature of gyro settings, I'm a bit worried I won't be able to make use of them on my own aircraft - or, potentially worse, won't be able to disable them at all..
good question!
Oct 20, 2011, 05:36 PM
'Sit vis nobiscum'
Already ordered one!! Lets start some indoor 30's Pylon racing!! Now we need a Super Solution, Bull Dog, Wedell Williams,Travel Air, Mister Mulligan.........

Can't Wait!!!
Oct 20, 2011, 06:09 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Yo!
Oct 20, 2011, 06:27 PM
Warbird & Jet Lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead

More important is the question of electronics reusability. One of the best aspects of buying a Micro P-51 is in the event of a severe crash to reuse the innards in any plane you wish. Given the potentially model-specific nature of gyro settings, I'm a bit worried I won't be able to make use of them on my own aircraft - or, potentially worse, won't be able to disable them at all.
I can't comment on future applications for the servos, sorry.

The settings are indeed model-specific, and determined through a LOT of flight testing by expert developers. The settings are locked-down for each airplane.

AS3X is crucial to the flying experience for the three airplanes we chose as the first subjects. It's as crucial as the flight control computer is to a modern fighter like an F-35 or and F-22. Turn it off and you're going to have a bad day! If you need an ultra-micro receiver for a scratch-built project, there are still other non-AS3X systems available.
Oct 20, 2011, 06:33 PM
**I'm Battman**
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
Which shall I get?

A) Beast 3D
B) Gee Bee R2
C) Hyper Taxi
D) All of the above

I have decided that the most only correct answer is D.

Joel

Joel,

Another great Day in RC history!

KICS again!!

rc
Oct 20, 2011, 06:43 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
I wanna see a pic of these new servos
Oct 20, 2011, 06:45 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
Man I thought waiting for the reveal was bad.. Now we have to wait until xmas. I'll for sure be buying them in order of release date.

Wish I had the hookup like some of these guys on youtube, getting the model early to make a 10 minute un-boxing and maiden. DOGS..

Weather cleared going for a mcpx polcat, ultimate 20-300 flight Just going to do what I do with my wife and pretend it's somdthing else, like the gee bee.

JUST KIDDING HONEY!
Oct 20, 2011, 07:13 PM
Ego varius quis.
Quote:
I can't comment on future applications for the servos, sorry.

The settings are indeed model-specific, and determined through a LOT of flight testing by expert developers. The settings are locked-down for each airplane.

AS3X is crucial to the flying experience for the three airplanes we chose as the first subjects. It's as crucial as the flight control computer is to a modern fighter like an F-35 or and F-22. Turn it off and you're going to have a bad day! If you need an ultra-micro receiver for a scratch-built project, there are still other non-AS3X systems available.
This means I'm now locked into buying Horizon Hobby wings, tailfeathers, and whatnot. I can't justify buying a new fuse and tailfeathers for my P51 at $30; as such, I likely won't be purchasing any of these aircraft. Aside from development costs, there's no reason not to make the onboard hardware programmable. ESCs have had this functionality for years.

On a related note, I'd consider the competition of generic products. The AR6400LBL weighs about 8g and includes two servos for $65. A generic DSM2 receiver weighing about 2g is $10; a pair of 2-gram servos, $5 per. Combined with a lightened 7a ESC and a bit of soldering, I'm looking at nine grams and $30 total with the notable benefit of only losing $5-$10 if any part of the whole suffers catastrophic failure.
Last edited by Cheesehead; Oct 20, 2011 at 07:22 PM.
Oct 20, 2011, 07:32 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Quote:
Wooweee, that's 3 new AR6400XXX boards then? (or is it AS6400XXX boards?)

Question: In one of the video, Mike is saying "because of the AS3X board, we can now move the C.G. farther back". Can we still play with the C.G. a bit to fit our flying style, or does the new board means C.G. has to be adjusted perfectly to within 1mm and never moved?

(thanks for answering most of our questions btw!)
Oct 20, 2011, 07:39 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Ooops, double post

Quick Reply