Feb 09, 2019, 11:48 AM

UMX Gee Bee receiver problem?

Hey guys

I just got a umx gee bee yesterday. Went to go fly it straight from hobby shop. Did a warm-up flight with my umx Waco (so far, my favorite umx ever!)

Tried to bind the plane like normal - plugged in fully charged battery, expected to see typical fast red blinking LED.

Instead there is a red and green LED flashing alternating red-green, red-green. Figured OK maybe this umx receiver is a new generation and they changed something, idk. So I try to bind anyway and it won't.

l think maybe the that sequence of LED flashes is telling me somethings wrong?

Anyone seen this? Has this always happened on UMX stuff and I just never took notice of a green LED? I feel crazy... Lol

Thanks for any help

-david
to remove ads between posts
Feb 09, 2019, 06:16 PM
Did you look in the manual, under the troubleshooting section to see what that sequence indicates? I'd at least start there if I were you.
Feb 09, 2019, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiianspork226
Hey guys

I just got a umx gee bee yesterday. Went to go fly it straight from hobby shop. Did a warm-up flight with my umx Waco (so far, my favorite umx ever!)

Tried to bind the plane like normal - plugged in fully charged battery, expected to see typical fast red blinking LED.

Instead there is a red and green LED flashing alternating red-green, red-green. Figured OK maybe this umx receiver is a new generation and they changed something, idk. So I try to bind anyway and it won't.

l think maybe the that sequence of LED flashes is telling me somethings wrong?

Anyone seen this? Has this always happened on UMX stuff and I just never took notice of a green LED? I feel crazy... Lol

Thanks for any help

-david
That is normal bind mode. Try standing farther away or having your body between the transmitter and the plane to bind. That usually will do the trick!
Feb 09, 2019, 08:30 PM
FrSky 'til I die
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Winger
That is normal bind mode. Try standing farther away or having your body between the transmitter and the plane to bind. That usually will do the trick!
When binding Spek stuff I always put the radio behind my back when binding
Feb 09, 2019, 10:42 PM
Murphy was an optimist!
Alternating red/green is normal.
Also, give it a few seconds sitting still for the stabilization to set itself up... should have a blinking green light when all is good...
Feb 10, 2019, 03:30 AM
Thanks guys!

It works fine - as you described. I took it back to the hobby shop today cuz we were in the area again today, and the guy there told me the same things you guys did, he got it working.

Apparently, even though I have had several (5? 6?) different UMX airplanes over the years, I have never had one with SAFE... I guess I just assumed they all had it - but the GeeBee is the only one I've gotten so far that has safe... So yea I just had never seen that binding mode/process

So I havent flown it yet because the wind was pretty gusty by the time we were done with all the out and about stuff we were doing. But it's ready to go when i get another chance to go for it. Looking forward to it

Thanks again

-david
Feb 18, 2019, 04:03 AM
Slow is the go!
My V1 Gee Bee sharing the lime light with another 2S racer, have no where
with really short grass and got sick of not being able to land her so added
some bigger wheels, can be removed very easerly if I want to go back.

Yes have plans to try all those props on her, don't really know if it will make
much difference with that barrel fuselage?
Feb 18, 2019, 04:09 AM
Acft Attn Deficit Disorder
Peter,

Is that Strega a modified UMX Mustang? I have seen a turtle deck/canopy like that available from Parkflyer Plastics. Your Strega looks fantastic!!

-CC
Latest blog entry: From the CC Paint Shop
Feb 18, 2019, 04:23 AM
Slow is the go!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubcrazy
Peter,

Is that Strega a modified UMX Mustang? I have seen a turtle deck/canopy like that available from Parkflyer Plastics. Your Strega looks fantastic!!

-CC

Yep much modified old 1S job with a 2S set up to give her the get go, link on her below, post 140.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ts-mods/page10

Quick Reply