UMX Gee Bee R2 BNF

Link
to remove ads between posts
Oct 20, 2011, 01:55 AM
Can't get enough
They finally have proper wheel pants

J
Oct 20, 2011, 02:10 AM
Just love the nostalgic look of this plane a must have for the collector like myself

look at the space in here

just WOW! i hope i can get hold of one of these to do a Thrillseeker Review

cheers chuck
Oct 20, 2011, 02:59 AM
No such thing as overpowered
WOW!!!! finally eFlite has made a Gee Bee R2 and its a UMX!!!

I cannot wait as i absolutely love the Gee Bee R2. Im gonna get one of these!
Oct 20, 2011, 03:37 AM
absolutely beautiful. the Gee Bees have always been some of my favorite planes, pure racers. massive engines with some wings and a seat strapped to the back this may end up being my first UMX....
Oct 20, 2011, 04:48 AM
Wanton construction
Congrats all Geebee fans!
I'm not one so I'll give this one a pass, except: ".. the UMX Gee Bee R2, enhanced with the AS3X System, will instantly offer you the best flight experience possible."
The AS3X System (Artificial Stability 3 Axis System)?

Is this the first UMX with 3 axis gyro stabilisation

Edit: half a meter span and over 100 g AUW? Aren't we moving out of the micro field here?
I mean the original Cessna was 19 g and flew beautifully..
Last edited by Pouncer; Oct 20, 2011 at 05:11 AM.
Oct 20, 2011, 04:57 AM
RAFMAA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pouncer View Post
Congrats all Geebee fans!
I'm not one so I'll give this one a pass, except: ".. the UMX Gee Bee R2, enhanced with the AS3X System, will instantly offer you the best flight experience possible."
The AS3X System (Artificial Stability 3 Axis System)?

Is this the first UMX with 3 axis gyro stabilisation
its part of a new series of AS3X aircraft.

Hyper Taxi..... some profile 3d thing... not that interested
UMX Xtreme Beast 3D !!!!!!! SUPER HAPPY ABOUT THIS!!!!!!!
and the gee bee! which looks fantastic....

altho alot of people are already moaning about gyros.......
Oct 20, 2011, 05:26 AM
new 3D BEAST!
Link:
http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...850#quickMedia
Oct 20, 2011, 05:50 AM
I cant believe my own eye's. I am a GeeBee Dork you could say. I will definetly have 2! Here is a couple pics of my comp-arf 1/3 scale Geebee.
Oct 20, 2011, 05:53 AM
I'm worried about that battery bay...looks a little tight..think it will fit a 2s 1500?
Oct 20, 2011, 06:18 AM
Wanton construction
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord chris View Post
its part of a new series of AS3X aircraft.

Hyper Taxi..... some profile 3d thing... not that interested
UMX Xtreme Beast 3D !!!!!!! SUPER HAPPY ABOUT THIS!!!!!!!
and the gee bee! which looks fantastic....

altho alot of people are already moaning about gyros.......
The real question though is: does the box come with a handle?
Oct 20, 2011, 06:27 AM
Looks kind of cool, not really my cup of tea but it may find a spot in my hangar! Need a real world report first.
Oct 20, 2011, 06:45 AM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
Man O mAN brush-less UMX gee bee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 20, 2011, 06:56 AM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
I'm happy about the gyro, going to take the twitch out of the UM planes for good. Make them fly like real birds :-)

Quote:
From Dave E from HH on another thread:

Quote:
No flat-surface initialization is required for the AS3X-equipped airplanes.

To really understand the impact AS3X has, you're going to have to experience it for yourself. You're not going to get the full feeling watching a video, or even standing next to someone as he flies. You need to fly it to believe it. You need to feel for yourself the impact it has.

We picked these three subjects to show three different aspects of how AS3X can benefit the modeler. The Beast 3D shows how AS3X expands the envelope of a great airplane. Without AS3X, you really have no hope of doing true 3D with the UMX Beast. With AS3X, now you can. The Gee Bee shows how you can take an airplane that's known for instability and really biting the pilot and tame it down to where anybody can fly it. The Hyper Taxi shows that AS3X enables you to fly something that without it, at this scale at least, controlled flight is just not possible.

For these reasons, AS3X will not be able to be switched off by the modeler. It's central to enabling the model to fly the way it's intended. Do F-16 or F-22 pilots turn off the flight control computers? No. If they do, they will die or be forced to eject. Think about AS3X as simply part of the flight control system.

Besides these elements, the fact that you can now fly ultra-micros in the wind is huge. Massive. Game changing.
Oct 20, 2011, 06:56 AM
Power Wheels Guru
I was just thinking about building one of these. This will be a must have. This makes up for the last few obscure UM planes.

Quick Reply