Sep 20, 2003, 02:43 PM
Far Out Flyer

Carbon Falcon + Razor 300

Don't know if any one has done this already but here are some pics of my Falcon with its Razor.

Really changes the flying characteristics....for the better. Not a major weight addition either, as evidenced by the battery location. Same place as when I had the IPS A.

If you notice the trees close up in the background you will appreciate why I like to have plenty of CLIMBING thrust available.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 20, 2003, 02:46 PM
Far Out Flyer
Another view.

The mount is standard EPS 300 gearbox. I only needed to replace the stock mounting stick with a larger one from local Hobby Lobby.

Folding prop as per directions from MooseFlyR.
Sep 20, 2003, 02:51 PM
Far Out Flyer
Final shot.

Tried to get some in flight shots but the photographer couldn't quite get the falcon centered in the viewfinder.

Greater than 1:1. Climbs straight up. Big loops with authority. Aileron rolls. Inverted. Very tight turns. = lots of fun.

CC 10 and 3xETEC 1200's. CAM 9x5 folding prop. Batteries and motor warm after 20 min flights but not hot.
Sep 20, 2003, 03:41 PM
I Hope they brought pizza
Me likes....me likes berry bunch. Hmmm...razor + falcon = BIG FUN!!! Your making it difficult to resist.

How will it do in some wind?

Mark
Sep 20, 2003, 07:31 PM
Far Out Flyer
Stickman,

Wind, yes it doesn't mind wind. The reason I got a CF in the first place was for the windier days when I can't fly my IFO outside. I move the cg a little forward for greater stability but there is always plenty of power to make headway.
Sep 20, 2003, 11:58 PM
Prof,
Wind Ok.... me likes like butter.....Hmmmm....creamy smooth.
Hey, just kiddin' around! Would you say to 5 - 10 mph.... is OK, or a thumbfulll? Looking for a tough, durable bird that can handle the frozen tundra of the impending Michigan winter, yet fly in a confined area. Gotta love razor power....even with chili bats, this bird will fly!!!

mark
Sep 21, 2003, 12:04 AM
Oh yeah.....Very clean install on the razor. GREAT pics!!!!
Sep 21, 2003, 08:30 AM
Far Out Flyer
Thanks Stickman. There are some great threads on the CF. Try looking here first.

http://www.acesim.com/rc/p2/p2.html

It flys in up to 15mph winds with a Razor, but gets kind of twitchy in the turbulence close to the ground above that. It is also fun to climb up to the buzzards on a warm day and catch some free lift.
Sep 21, 2003, 05:45 PM

Folding prop as per directions from MooseFlyR

I really like the folding prop hub but need to know more.

Where can I find one please?

Thanks,

Gary
Sep 21, 2003, 07:54 PM
Far Out Flyer
Gary,

Look at the third post down the page here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&pagenumber=18

The hub and blades are from Hobby Lobby. The links and the methods are described in the post above.

I can vouch for the results... a great little bird. My favorite windy day flyer.
Sep 21, 2003, 08:53 PM
Is that a 300 or 400 Razor?

Brendin
Sep 21, 2003, 08:57 PM
pjs 300
Sep 21, 2003, 08:58 PM
another one...
Sep 21, 2003, 08:58 PM
last,,,
Sep 21, 2003, 08:59 PM
Was think of trying the razor... how much does it weigh?

Brendin