Originally Posted by dkfuji
I installed Benmlee's tail clutch for testing last night. This mornings flight was really solid. No tail movement on full pitch climbouts or mild 3D maneuvers. Parts were precise and there were no balance issues at all after installation.
I also experimented with the KKDD blades with the TA915 motor and the pitch up was too unpredictable to keep flying her that way. So I decided to lighten up the stock blades (since the heli is super stable with them but the flip and roll rates were slow) by drilling holes in them and covering them with clear tape. The stock blades weighed in at 4.5g and now the modified blades weigh 3.7g. The flip and roll rates are very good and there are no issues with FFF. Nice. We will see how she handles Manny flying her this weekend.
Good job & good to see a few holes reduced the weight so far! I was hoping to get them down to 3.1g (the weight of a 4g6 foamy) but hadnt got round to it as I'm still not 3D'ing at low altitudes --- or at all at the moment since wintery Autumn has set in. Now I'm buzzing my Nano round the house which is decidedly too small for my skills.
Can I ask how much cyclic pitch travel you get on your V2. I currently get ~38.5mm travel at blade tips which with a 134mm blade length only gives me about 8 degrees pitch - if my maths is good. I had read 11* was where the 3D flyers like it but I just cant see how I can get it without binding somewhere ... Even the top part of the swash against the mainshaft. Maybe the 11* was a figure from the 4G6 / D02 days.
Anyway glad the lightened blades perked it up some I'll definitely be drilling a bashed up pair for testing in the spring.
Oh and BTW Thanks for the 130x maintenance info ... more food for thought.