Aug 11, 2012, 01:22 AM
Team Armattan
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabric8
So my heli developed a really bad wobble today while flying. Landed it, checked the main shaft and feathering shafts and they were perfect. Took off and again, same thing - really really bad wobble.

Closer inspection reveals when I raise the throttle stick and the collective moves, I see 1 of the 3 servos moving ahead of the 2 others causing the swash not to be level as it travels downward.

Could that be what's causing the wobble? If it is, is that a sign that this servo is bad, or that the other 2 are bad? or that the RX is bad and isn't mixing equal amounts of command to the 3 servo's?

Of the 3 servos, this one that doesn't have equal movement with the other 2 is actually very responsive. The smallest stick movement makes it respond and move very granularly whereas the other 2 are somewhat slower to move. I can't tell which is "normal". Wondering if this is a servo problem or TX problem.
could you possibly have the aileron and pitch servos switched on the rx?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 11, 2012, 05:28 AM
Fixed and rotary wing flyer
Thanks for the suggestions. Walkera jade has 3 servos for $34 on the 4G6/S section vs $12/ each if you search for them in the v120d02s section. These are all the same, right?

Anywhere else have them cheaper or is there an alternative to Walkera servos?
Aug 11, 2012, 05:32 AM
Fixed and rotary wing flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon.M.Barter
could you possibly have the aileron and pitch servos switched on the rx?
No, I haven't touched any of the servo wires or Rx since day 1. This wobble started a few months ago but it was intermittent. It also seemed like gusts of wind or a breeze triggered the wobble. It progressiveley got worse. And now, the moment it lifts off the ground, it wobbles really bad and simply doesn't stop. I can fly it around just fine, but it wobbles bad throughout.
Aug 11, 2012, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk
Again, check that your RX is stuck down to the tape inside the RX and also that the wires are plugged in tight. Do as i have described in my last post to check servo speed. If you have a slight variance in servo speed and want a temporary fix. You can turn down your gyro pot on the RX a little bit. If it's because of your servos the wobble will probably go away after that.
The tape on the receiver had let go. A rubber band later, and the tail is rock steady. Thanks..

BTW I'm with you on the GMO. Nasty stuff. Outlawed in some countries, but money talks here.
Aug 11, 2012, 09:13 AM
IHW Heli Division
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabric8
Thanks for the suggestions. Walkera jade has 3 servos for $34 on the 4G6/S section vs $12/ each if you search for them in the v120d02s section. These are all the same, right?

Anywhere else have them cheaper or is there an alternative to Walkera servos?
That is about the best price you will find. Terance is very nice and professional. He has fast shipping to the US also. Usually no longer than 7 days for me in Florida. Plus i always get a nice piece of Burmese jadeite from him when i place big orders, he includes them free. They are pretty nice for a free gift.

As for alternatives... Well i do think there are some. I just have not tried any of them. One of the alternatives i've been wanting to try is Solar servos.

Hobbyking also has a variety of servos that will probably work.

I've been looking at this particular servo from them:

Of course the main problem with alternative servos is that they will not fit and mount properly with the walkera mounting brackets. Since they do not have the little pins sticking out of the side of the servo casing. They might need to be glued in or something more extreme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave O
The tape on the receiver had let go. A rubber band later, and the tail is rock steady. Thanks..

BTW I'm with you on the GMO. Nasty stuff. Outlawed in some countries, but money talks here.
Exactly, and voting does nothing since its a predefined system of voting where Independents cannot vote on just about anything and "electoral colleges" and super delegates dictate the final candidates. So in the end your voting on 2 clones bought and paid for by the same Builderburg group or big bank/corporate interests that really control our policy and future. So stop going to the polls and start voting with your dollars on the one thing you DO HAVE CONTROL OF by not buying junk food, GMO and stop shopping at places that support it like Wall-mart! Wall-mart is not saving anyone money when THEY are the ones putting everyone out of business. The biggest reason why you can't start a business or get a job! Because no one else can compete with them either. Since no one can compete, no one can open a business, which means no one can create jobs for this country that pay more than minimum wage ($7.29/hr in Fl) and we all suffer. Since now they are supporting poisoning the same people they claim to be helping by "saving you more" and selling you GMO corn on the cobb. i think its a good time to start a boycott. I already started mine 10 years ago when Wall-mart put my family's Radio Shack franchise out of business by moving into our small town (when there was already 3 walmart stores within 30 minutes driving time. Now there is one on every single highway exit almost which is every 5-10 miles). I'm just waiting for everyone else to realize whats being done to them. So far no one seems to care. For those that do, there is a good movie out there called "Wall-mart: The high cost of a low price" Full movie on youtube
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Aug 11, 2012 at 09:20 AM.
Aug 11, 2012, 09:33 AM
Brent 黑雁
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37
I just received my 120D0S today.
I flew it inside my garage just to check, everything seems to be trimmed great!

- Spyro
Can you explain what the difference is between the 3 axis and 6 axis gyro as far as flight characteristics. When I was ordering mine, it originally was supposed to be a bnf version with the 6 axis, but was never available. I ended up getting the 3 axis bnf.
I'm just curious what the difference is. The 3 axis is very stable and easy to fly as it is.
Aug 11, 2012, 09:50 AM
Brent 黑雁
Quote:

Exactly, and voting does nothing since its a predefined system of voting where Independents cannot vote on just about anything and "electoral colleges" and super delegates dictate the final candidates. So in the end your voting on 2 clones bought and paid for by the same Builderburg group or big bank/corporate interests that really control our policy and future. So stop going to the polls and start voting with your dollars on the one thing you DO HAVE CONTROL OF by not buying junk food, GMO and stop shopping at places that support it like Wall-mart! Wall-mart is not saving anyone money when THEY are the ones putting everyone out of business. The biggest reason why you can't start a business or get a job! Because no one else can compete with them either. Since no one can compete, no one can open a business, which means no one can create jobs for this country that pay more than minimum wage ($7.29/hr in Fl) and we all suffer. Since now they are supporting poisoning the same people they claim to be helping by "saving you more" and selling you GMO corn on the cobb. i think its a good time to start a boycott. I already started mine 10 years ago when Wall-mart put my family's Radio Shack franchise out of business by moving into our small town (when there was already 3 walmart stores within 30 minutes driving time. Now there is one on every single highway exit almost which is every 5-10 miles). I'm just waiting for everyone else to realize whats being done to them. So far no one seems to care. For those that do, there is a good movie out there called "Wall-mart: The high cost of a low price" Full movie on youtube
Most people only care about the cost of food and the taste, not the end result of what it is doing to them. And they listen to the adds and the government who tell them it is good for them.
You should live in Canada. We have problems getting herbs, vitamins, and supplements in from the US because some pharmaceutical dictates to Health Canada what is acceptable until they have control of it, but GMO is just fine even though we don't want it.
Aug 11, 2012, 09:57 AM
IHW Heli Division
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk
Can you explain what the difference is between the 3 axis and 6 axis gyro as far as flight characteristics. When I was ordering mine, it originally was supposed to be a bnf version with the 6 axis, but was never available. I ended up getting the 3 axis bnf.
I'm just curious what the difference is. The 3 axis is very stable and easy to fly as it is.
The 6 axis has 3 axis of accelerometers that are supposed to stabilize the flight more and keep the heli level. But i have not flown one. I think most experienced pilots would be perfectly happy with 3 axis. Though the 6 axis might be the wave of the future, or not. Thats yet to be determined. It's relatively new and might still be a bit buggy or not. Most people are happy with both it seems. You'll enjoy the 3 axis and be able to do everything the new one can. Well, except update the RX and those other new features like that. you can later but a new RX though.
Aug 11, 2012, 10:02 AM
IHW Heli Division
Quote:
Most people only care about the cost of food and the taste, not the end result of what it is doing to them. And they listen to the adds and the government who tell them it is good for them.
You should live in Canada. We have problems getting herbs, vitamins, and supplements in from the US because some pharmaceutical dictates to Health Canada what is acceptable until they have control of it, but GMO is just fine even though we don't want it.
"BLAME CANADA!!! BLAME CANADA!!!"

lol

Seriously though, it's about control. They know. It's most of the public that does not.
Aug 11, 2012, 11:10 AM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Quote:
My new V120D02S with 6 axis gyro seems to fly nothing different with my other 3axis flybarless helis.
BOTH DIP SWITCHES ARE POSITTIONED AWAY FROM THE ON POSITION out of the box, meaning that it's on 3 axis gyro mode.
I don't think (but I may be wrong) one could fly 3D with number 2 switch set at ON position, enabling the 6axis (?).
The Walkera Ladybird is unbelievably stable, I guess because of it's 6 axis gyro (enabled).
If it could just carry my camera, would have been great

I wonder if 6 AXIS GYRO MEANS A combination of a 3-axis gyroscope and a 3-axis accelerometer as explained here: http://www.invensense.com/mems/gyro/mpu6050.html
With the the accelerometer enabled, I don't think that the heli can do 3D.

* I think, with the 6axis gyro enabled, the 120D02S could be used as a trainer heli (normal flight mode), and will fly just like or close to a QUAD that just sits in the air, suspended. Though I have not tried.

- Spyro

This picture shows that the heli is on 3axis, for 3D flights (#2 switch , position to no.2).
Last edited by Spyro37; Aug 11, 2012 at 11:43 AM.
Aug 11, 2012, 11:56 AM
Brent 黑雁
Quote:
The 6 axis has 3 axis of accelerometers that are supposed to stabilize the flight more and keep the heli level. But i have not flown one. I think most experienced pilots would be perfectly happy with 3 axis. Though the 6 axis might be the wave of the future, or not. Thats yet to be determined. It's relatively new and might still be a bit buggy or not. Most people are happy with both it seems. You'll enjoy the 3 axis and be able to do everything the new one can. Well, except update the RX and those other new features like that. you can later but a new RX though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37
My new V120D02S with 6 axis gyro seems to fly nothing different with my other 3axis flybarless helis.
BOTH DIP SWITCHES ARE POSITTIONED AWAY FROM THE ON POSITION out of the box, meaning that it's on 3 axis gyro mode.
I don't think (but I may be wrong) one could fly 3D with number 2 switch set at ON position, enabling the 6axis (?).
The Walkera Ladybird is unbelievably stable, I guess because of it's 6 axis gyro (enabled).
If it could just carry my camera, would have been great
Thanks for the info. I guess now I am really not disappointed with what I got as it flies great and is as stable as my 400 which uses the same technology.

And our politicians are no more likely to act on our behalf than yours. It's all about the money and screw whoever it hurts.
Aug 11, 2012, 06:16 PM
V120D02S, GCP
It wont let you fly 3d in 6ax.

When you let go of the controls: 6ax will adjust the receiver/disk parallel to the ground. 3ax will keep the receiver board at the same attitude you leave it.
Aug 11, 2012, 06:23 PM
Hey Guys,

I have both the 3 axis and 6 axis for my V120 birds. The 6 axis is surely more stable and provides much more level flight with much less effort to do so. The problem is it takes more aggresive stick movements for aggresive flight, or turn down the gyro pot. For fast forward flight the heli wants to stay very level so hard vertical climbs and steep vertical dives are hard to do. I ended up turning down my gryo pot so I could fly a little easier.
I need more time to play around with it but the verdict is still out for me with this 6 axis RX. I may stick the 2622-V back in there before it's all done.

Integrity, glad to know you got the motor fixed and working. Good thing I never tossed it out and kept in my drawer. How did you get the top to stay on because for me it seemed very loose?

Good flight before the rain hit. You know, if Traxxass could make a helicopter it would probably be able to fly in the rain. They've got the water proof servos and motors for their off road trucks.
Aug 11, 2012, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsDennert
It wont let you fly 3d in 6ax.

When you let go of the controls: 6ax will adjust the receiver/disk parallel to the ground. 3ax will keep the receiver board at the same attitude you leave it.
Where did you get this information from? It does do 3D.
Aug 11, 2012, 07:45 PM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chow
Where did you get this information from? It does do 3D.
He probably meant real 3D or hardcore 3D, as the 6 axis gyro (when enabled), tends to self stabilize the heli. I'll try to play with it & enable the 6 axis when I get home next week. My 120D02S default setting is on 3axis from the factory.

- Spyro

Quick Reply