Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Thread Tools
Old Oct 25, 2011, 03:26 PM
OldGuyHelifly11 is offline
Find More Posts by OldGuyHelifly11
1 year flyin' & lovin' it!
OldGuyHelifly11's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
I just picked up a new V120D02S to test fly yesterday. So far she flies very stable but it was too dark to flip her over. So I am going to try that a little later after work. There are some obvious differences between this one and the old V120. The new teeth mod on the tail drive is much bigger. It looks like a .4 mod like the Genius. The tail drive shaft is metal. The mainshaft is bigger in diameter (looks like 2.5mm) so the main bearings are no longer compatible with the old V120. The maingear also has a larger mod to it. It is no longer .25 and looks like .3 or something like that. It is also thicker and looks much more durable. The stock outrunner seems to have ample power for mild 3D and the mainblades are now plastic (which should survive many more crashes than the foamies). Will let you guys know how the flights go later.
What about the pinion gear for the tail drive shaft that meshes with the main gear? Is there a new teeth mod for that too?

AB
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2011, 03:37 PM
flyerinside is offline
Find More Posts by flyerinside
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuyHelifly11 View Post
What about the pinion gear for the tail drive shaft that meshes with the main gear? Is there a new teeth mod for that too?

AB
I supose that the new pinion needs the new main gear. And the new main gear needs the new oversized main shaft, and is incompatible with the old main shaft.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 03:42 PM
OldGuyHelifly11 is offline
Find More Posts by OldGuyHelifly11
1 year flyin' & lovin' it!
OldGuyHelifly11's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerinside View Post
I supose that the new pinion needs the new main gear. And the new main gear needs the new oversized main shaft, and is incompatible with the old main shaft.
Bummer. As usual...

AB
Old Oct 25, 2011, 04:20 PM
jlbrandt01 is offline
Find More Posts by jlbrandt01
Micro-Heli-Addict
jlbrandt01's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopteri2010 View Post
Hi...

I will try the new RX 2622V-D for my M120...
It seems to have better firmware and new plastic blades looks also fine.
If the main shaft is thicker then I will stay in V100D03 main head.

Here is a vid. I made two days ago...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMY4aGxhq4M

Eki


Eki,

Nice flying.

So it looks like the V100D03 head works good on the V120 size Helis. Is the main shaft the same size 2mm? Looks like a great mod.

The swash lock that I got from you in May is still working great. It's a very nice piece of craftmanship

If the V100D03 head works, the one piece head/swash lock would be better.


Regards, Jeff
Last edited by jlbrandt01; Oct 25, 2011 at 04:56 PM.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 04:22 PM
perschek is offline
Find More Posts by perschek
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
perschek's Avatar
Awh darn I thought the gyro was seperate from the rx. Was hoping it had everything to fly and they were all seperate components so I could just slap my 6ch rx in there and bind to my dx6i.

Ah well, never hurts to have another tx laying around. Do you guys recommend this 120 size helicopter? I'm an intermediate pilot, fixed wing for 10+ years and 3 years heli exp, (sr is my biggest cp heli though)
Old Oct 25, 2011, 04:46 PM
helicraze is offline
Find More Posts by helicraze
Registered User
Hi DK, can you confirm what the power to weight ratio is comparable to? EG stock genius or BL genius? If its like BL genius that will rock!! I can tic tocs mine with hyperion packs.

Also is the RX firmware working nicely like genius? The flight characteristics of genius and V100D08 as sososososo much better than the older FBL RXs like V100D03.

Thanks
Old Oct 25, 2011, 04:54 PM
dkfuji is offline
Find More Posts by dkfuji
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicraze View Post
Hi DK, can you confirm what the power to weight ratio is comparable to? EG stock genius or BL genius? If its like BL genius that will rock!! I can tic tocs mine with hyperion packs.

Also is the RX firmware working nicely like genius? The flight characteristics of genius and V100D08 as sososososo much better than the older FBL RXs like V100D03.

Thanks
I have not got a chance to take it out to the field for a real shake down yet. I will try after work today and post what I think. Of course, it would be hard pressed to beat the power to weight ratio of a BL Genius. That little heli rocks.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 07:18 PM
Ibs is offline
Ibs
Find More Posts by Ibs
Ibs
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
I have not got a chance to take it out to the field for a real shake down yet. I will try after work today and post what I think. Of course, it would be hard pressed to beat the power to weight ratio of a BL Genius. That little heli rocks.
Hi Dkfuji,

I have been following this thread and others with great interest. I am an avid mCPx flyer but love my TT V120 and would like to see this upgrade given "similar" 3D capabilities to the mCPx BL.

I remember your initial reviews of the V120D02 and early reviews of the M120 saying that the gyros would fight controls and they were not good on 3D. I really hope the new V120D02S has a similar RX to the Genius CP. I hope you understand what I mean and can check it out during your flight test. Ultimately, I would love to see Many put it through its paces as he does seem to push helis to their limits!

I look forward to your review with great interest.


Thanks,

Ibs
Old Oct 26, 2011, 08:07 AM
DLY is offline
DLY
Find More Posts by DLY
DLY
HobbyOne
Here is the Crash flight test video for this V120D02S. it's obviously that this cute bird is very suitable for professional 3D pilots.

Walkera V120D02S Crash flight !! Ultra Durable~ (3 min 26 sec)
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 26, 2011, 10:15 AM
Z06 Tony is online now
Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Z06 Tony's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
I just picked up a new V120D02S to test fly yesterday. So far she flies very stable but it was too dark to flip her over. So I am going to try that a little later after work. There are some obvious differences between this one and the old V120. The new teeth mod on the tail drive is much bigger. It looks like a .4 mod like the Genius. The tail drive shaft is metal. The mainshaft is bigger in diameter (looks like 2.5mm) so the main bearings are no longer compatible with the old V120. The maingear also has a larger mod to it. It is no longer .25 and looks like .3 or something like that. It is also thicker and looks much more durable. The stock outrunner seems to have ample power for mild 3D and the mainblades are now plastic (which should survive many more crashes than the foamies). Will let you guys know how the flights go later.
Thanks for the post D. Cant wait to hear your take on the RX. It seems like every RX has some kind of small issue like the Genius RX with the drift. Hoping they got it perfect this time. I knew about the drift in the Genius RX but that didnt stop me from purchasing 2
I mean its no secret that manny went back to all FB Walkeras except for the Genius now. As you know all the Walkera FBL RX's suck for all out 3D.
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 26, 2011, 11:33 AM
Kopteri2010 is offline
Find More Posts by Kopteri2010
Kopteri2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbrandt01 View Post
Eki,

Nice flying.

So it looks like the V100D03 head works good on the V120 size Helis. Is the main shaft the same size 2mm? Looks like a great mod.

The swash lock that I got from you in May is still working great. It's a very nice piece of craftmanship

If the V100D03 head works, the one piece head/swash lock would be better.


Regards, Jeff
Thanks Jeff

Nice to hear that the Swash lock is working...
The main shaft is 2mm and fits fine into the hardened shaft.
And these ABS blades are lighter then CF blades and not so whide as stock blades.
Yes it is better to have one piece of head/swash...

I like to use Devo-8 controller and that is the main reason for switshing the RX...

Happy Halloween...
Old Oct 26, 2011, 02:48 PM
jlbrandt01 is offline
Find More Posts by jlbrandt01
Micro-Heli-Addict
jlbrandt01's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopteri2010 View Post
Thanks Jeff

Nice to hear that the Swash lock is working...
The main shaft is 2mm and fits fine into the hardened shaft.
And these ABS blades are lighter then CF blades and not so whide as stock blades.
Yes it is better to have one piece of head/swash...

I like to use Devo-8 controller and that is the main reason for switshing the RX...

Happy Halloween...

Eki,

Thanks for your reply.

Does the V100 head fit on the V120/M120 shaft? Do the holes match up?

I would like to upgrade my Xtreme V120 to be more crash resistant. The V100head & the new blades look like the way to go.


Regards, Jeff
Old Oct 26, 2011, 03:19 PM
buildem336 is offline
Find More Posts by buildem336
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
Thanks for the post D. Cant wait to hear your take on the RX. It seems like every RX has some kind of small issue like the Genius RX with the drift. Hoping they got it perfect this time. I knew about the drift in the Genius RX but that didnt stop me from purchasing 2
I mean its no secret that manny went back to all FB Walkeras except for the Genius now. As you know all the Walkera FBL RX's suck for all out 3D.
The 2702fbl rx from the v450/v500 is also good for all out 3d. If the rx on this heli is as good as the Genius it will be awesome for all out 3d. I can't wait to try it out.


Manuel
Old Oct 26, 2011, 07:00 PM
dkfuji is offline
Find More Posts by dkfuji
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildem336 View Post
The 2702fbl rx from the v450/v500 is also good for all out 3d. If the rx on this heli is as good as the Genius it will be awesome for all out 3d. I can't wait to try it out.


Manuel
Hey Manny. So far she flies like a big Genius. Not quite the punch of a BL one, but definitely enough power to do some stuff. I did some punch outs and slides with her in FFF and there is no bobbing like the old V120. Also, she flipped to inverted really nice and quick. Hovered inverted pretty solid as well. Hopefully, I will be at the field this weekend to let you have a shot at her.

Darryl
Old Oct 26, 2011, 07:10 PM
Ibs is offline
Ibs
Find More Posts by Ibs
Ibs
Registered User

Bearing size


Hi,

I happened to have my Xtreme V120 apart last night and measured the OD of the main bearing as 6mm. I did not push it out so I did not get a proper measurement but I could not image it being 6.1mm or something else. Definitely not as large as 1/4 inch. I thought somebody said the bearings on the V120D02S would be 6mm so hopefully they will go straight into the Xtreme frame This will be great news for anybody wanting to keep their Xtreme frame. After seeing the resilience of the new heli in the crash test video, upgrading the mechanicals on the old helis seems to be a good idea

Cheers,
Ibs


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion new heli from walkera HIKO400? xyzy2 Micro Helis 15 Jan 12, 2012 12:16 PM
Sold Align 70A ESC W/BEC from 500/550 class Heli NEW! HD Hucker Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Oct 13, 2011 01:37 PM
Discussion Ultra Durable Diamond Mini Gyro 3 Channel Indoor Ready to Fly RC Remote Control Heli LittleG Coaxial Helicopters 32 Jan 14, 2011 01:55 PM
Discussion Walker 4#3 throttle problem Ė new heli Ronon Micro Helis 2 Jan 24, 2009 05:22 PM