Jan 01, 2013, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hate2crash
First maiden attempt plane dropped and hit dirt and broke motor shaft clean off...if this were an edf it would have been fine...now i know why not many people have these...i am thinking a 50mm edf mount on top of fuse might work..any try this?
Why do you think it crashed. I have mine together but haven't flown it yet. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 01, 2013, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apphoard
Why do you think it crashed. I have mine together but haven't flown it yet. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
It happened to fast to know exactly why it crashed.especially since i never flew it...i know the stock motor has a very thin shaft only about 2mm thick,so now i am looking on a replacement motor...I put a brand new grayson hobby 2300kv which fit perfectly,but it only stutters using stock esc then cuts off after 5 seconds...very much a pain in the arrrrsssss... So i am hoping someone here can recommend a good motor the heli motor at HK seems to extreme for me and its outta stock...I need a motor slightly better and hopefully with a more durable shaft...this shaft can't be removed for replacement as far i can tell...
Jan 02, 2013, 03:31 AM
Having just flown mine for the first time my tip is on stock power setup to go full throttle, launch from the launching grip on the bottom and give it a nice level toss. I tried doing the side arm frisby launch at first but after 10 attemps and a beaten nose i gave up and said if I loose my fingers well so be it have not had a problem since
Jan 06, 2013, 02:36 AM
just bring a cooler of ice with you for any digits that get ripped off..it should be a nice clean cut and shouldn't hurt to bad...lol
Jan 31, 2013, 04:13 PM
Once you taste flight...
Just pulled the trigger on this, been looking at it for a while, and that launch is all I am not looking forward to... At the same time looks like full throttle, some up reflex on the control surfaces and all should be good, still think I will have a glove for the launch, or might make a bungee launch for safety..
Feb 01, 2013, 02:02 PM
my Radjet from Germany :-)

RAD JET 800 Hobbyking flyalex (7 min 38 sec)
Feb 13, 2013, 08:49 AM
Once you taste flight...
OK I dial in 20% up elevator and full throttle on launch, sidearm works perfectly. Also have ail linked to the rudder on launch but have not needed it yet. Tried once without the mix since the mix worked so good, dirt nap...
Lesson is this thing stock loves to launch like this.
Feb 15, 2013, 01:59 AM
I am on my 2nd Radjet 800..first one literally blew away in the wind (shouldn't have been trying to fly in 45mph wind gusts but 25mph steady does ok )

What I have learned: (for stock motor)
-Glue it up really good! Both models had a wing come off in first several flights. 5min epoxy seems to be the go to now along with packing tape over the wing seams.
-Cut out the foam block in the turtle deck to allow battery to go back flush with fuse opening, this provides a CG about 400mm from nose
-6x4 APC prop for summer
-6x5 APC prop for winter (motor gets warm quick with air temp over 60F)
-Aileron Dual rates are required for the first several flights...but I'm enjoying 100% throw with 70% expo now because I don't have to switch to dual rates to get the 5 rolls per sec when I want it but still have good center control.
-4s 1000mah Nano-tech 45C are much more exciting and weigh approx the same as the 3s 1300 25C nano-techs (these are the only batteries I've used; 5min flight timer)

I am using the Turnigy 9x with a 3ch receiver.
I can look up my elevon, endpoints, and dual rate settings if anyone wants. just ask
Feb 26, 2013, 07:00 AM
I'm working on a dolly for ice launches, so far broke my motor shaft and adapter. Right wing got airborne and left didn't. Result was a twisting motion and prop hit dolly. Time to redesign.
Also managed to do the deathspin other day. Full throttle, little opposite aileron and half elevator down sorted it 2 meters above ground. Took about 15 meters to get it stop spinning and then hard pull to avoid ground
Mar 20, 2013, 02:56 AM
Hey, Guys i am wondering if i should get this plane to fly? I heard it has a good speed envelope. I have had two previous planes, HZ Super Cub LP (Brushless) and the AXN Floater. Is this a good next step?

Thanks Josh
May 04, 2013, 05:54 AM
RC Airplane (Recently Crashed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronjw00
I am on my 2nd Radjet 800..first one literally blew away in the wind (shouldn't have been trying to fly in 45mph wind gusts but 25mph steady does ok )

What I have learned: (for stock motor)
-Glue it up really good! Both models had a wing come off in first several flights. 5min epoxy seems to be the go to now along with packing tape over the wing seams.
-Cut out the foam block in the turtle deck to allow battery to go back flush with fuse opening, this provides a CG about 400mm from nose
-6x4 APC prop for summer
-6x5 APC prop for winter (motor gets warm quick with air temp over 60F)
-Aileron Dual rates are required for the first several flights...but I'm enjoying 100% throw with 70% expo now because I don't have to switch to dual rates to get the 5 rolls per sec when I want it but still have good center control.
-4s 1000mah Nano-tech 45C are much more exciting and weigh approx the same as the 3s 1300 25C nano-techs (these are the only batteries I've used; 5min flight timer)

I am using the Turnigy 9x with a 3ch receiver.
I can look up my elevon, endpoints, and dual rate settings if anyone wants. just ask
if you wouldn't mind ..

Bought one of these about 12 months ago but never got around to putting it together ... found unopened box and just getting to it now. Are the rates in the manual accurate ... seems CoG is back a bit ... your saying 400mm from nose which is further back than manual. Also presume it needs a bit of reflex ..any ideas how much?

TIA
May 04, 2013, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theyoungflyer698
Hey, Guys i am wondering if i should get this plane to fly? I heard it has a good speed envelope. I have had two previous planes, HZ Super Cub LP (Brushless) and the AXN Floater. Is this a good next step?

Thanks Josh
I think this plane should be a good next step from floater. I am in same boat...... should be similar step in performance of super cub to floater. The floater jet has good performance, speed, and maneuverability. The rad jet , in stock form, will be a little faster and have way more aileron response. Prob a little less forgiving. I huck my floater with reckless abandon, as stall characteristics are super forgiving and easy to recover from. I have never experienced the "death spiral" or anything close with the floater. My 800 is all mocked up and ready for final assembly . I will post my thoughts on step in performance when i maiden...... i have to pick up some servo ext today, then will fly if wind permits. I have to admit i am little nervous. I went from a super slow, under powered wild hawk to my floater. And that took some getting used to. Should be about the same curve to the 800.
May 05, 2013, 03:14 AM

Ok........

The step from wild hawk to floater jet is a little less than step from floater to rad jet. Not that stock rad jet is insane fast. but the smaller air frame, mixed with about 20 more mph, is a little intense . launching the rad jet is slightly more intimidating and so is the landing. intimidating......not unmanageable. I had my ailerons turned down to 50% and it still rolled pretty fast. (compared to axn) I also had had my elevator @ 50% . I didnt want things to be be too responsive if were to panic on launch.......... the roll rate was still a bit fast and the elevator was a little soft. I will prob take elevator up to 75% for nest flight. the biggest difficulty was orientation (due to size and similar colors on top and bottom of plane) and it gets small pretty fast. I was able to clock a down wind run @ 102 mph. (my fast run with floater was 88 mph, with a steep dive.) the rjet is,more realistically, a 70 mph-ish in straight line with no wind. 15-20 mph faster than floater and smaller object to see.
May 05, 2013, 05:52 PM

worlds worst hand launch.......Best Save!

Went out to get some vid of the rad jet today. First flights of the plane yesterday were in a pretty stiff breeze. Didnt have too much trouble hand launching into the wind. But today? I chucked it lazily like i would my floater and almost paid the price.
IMG0150 (0 min 51 sec)
Jun 01, 2013, 07:41 PM
ljm
ljm
Does anyone know if a 1500mah 3s will fit in here? It's 19mm longer (same width and depth) as a 1300mah 3s. Thanks

Quick Reply