Oct 18, 2011, 11:37 PM
WOT happened?
Discussion

Sound Card

When we were kids, we'd put playing cards in our bike spokes to simulate the sound of a motorcycle as we pedaled down the street.

Now that i'm into these ww2 electric airplanes, i'd like to do something similar to get a bit more bark out of my wildcat during flybys.

I see that you can get computerized sound modules and all kinds of similar trinkets, but i'm wondering if anyone's ever simply taken a strip of medium-weight paper and installed it so that the prop flicks it as it turns?

It's a pretty silly thought and i havent experimented with it yet, just wondering if anyone else has?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 19, 2011, 01:16 AM
a while back, i saw someone on youtube use some pieces of plastic in the spinner of the parkzone p-51 to make some sounds. not a silly idea at all....
Oct 19, 2011, 01:24 AM
Been There, Crashed That!
Yep has been done, check video on first post and further down to see explanation on how.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...489219&page=18
Oct 21, 2011, 04:50 AM
Paul B
I had to go the electronic way

FMS T 28 Trojan Sound System completed (flight) (5 min 8 sec)
Oct 21, 2011, 07:00 AM
Rickson C
May be you can try this too, just add a tape under the wing and when air flow through the tape just make some sound
RedCat P51 Gasoline Sound Trick (1 min 57 sec)
Oct 21, 2011, 03:32 PM
WOT happened?
Thanks for the tips everyone! Pannoch.. as much as i want to avoid adding more electronics... i must say, that plane of yours truly sounds great!
Oct 22, 2011, 06:47 AM
Paul B
Thanks!

Sorry it isn't really in line with the thread but I thought people would like it.