This thread is privately moderated by Brner, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 18, 2011, 08:24 PM
AMA16634...Just Me
Thread OP
Mini-HowTo

Seperating Battery Connectors

For those of you who are having problems pulling battery connectors apart, here's a method that really works well.

Not sure how original an idea this is as I first saw a similar idea on a YouTube video where a guy used nails stuck in the jaws of wooden clothespins. Thought it was a neat idea but that the wood jaws of his setup might have a tendency to crack so I never pursued it.

Then one day I received a flyer from Harbor Freight that had these snap ring pliers on sale for a couple of bucks (Regular price is $4.99 I believe but they're always on sale for something less). The pictures are self explanatory and it does work very well, especially in tight quarters. I've tried it on real Deans, fake Deans and two types of HK plugs, works great on all of them. Try it, I think you'll really like it....

Drill a 1/16" hole in each of the pair as shown, I kept these holes in the meat of the plugs. avoiding contact with the electrical connections.

Take care,

Don
to remove ads between posts
Oct 19, 2011, 12:50 AM
Planes in flames,,,
Another thing you can do is take a small pair of needlenose and compress the male bullet. Take care not to squeeze them oclose together so that they still remain in good contact and do not release unintentionally. If the get too loose, just stick something into the pin on the male connector and push them back out a little bigger. You can adjust the tension so that you can easily remove them by hand, but they will still support the weight of the battery if it should come loose from the battery holder.
Oct 19, 2011, 12:57 PM
AMA16634...Just Me
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpackninja
Another thing you can do is take a small pair of needlenose and compress the male bullet. Take care not to squeeze them oclose together so that they still remain in good contact and do not release unintentionally. If the get too loose, just stick something into the pin on the male connector and push them back out a little bigger. You can adjust the tension so that you can easily remove them by hand, but they will still support the weight of the battery if it should come loose from the battery holder.
Hi there jetpack,

Thanks for dropping in.

Like all issues we encounter in this hobby, there's more than one way to skin a cat.

However, with all due respect, I like my method better....

Have a great day,

Don
Last edited by Brner; Nov 15, 2014 at 12:53 PM.
Oct 19, 2011, 01:05 PM
Planes in flames,,,
Definitely- I agree 100% and you have presented what appears to be a well thought out and elegant solution.
Thanks for sharing it.
-Tom

Quick Reply