Oct 15, 2011, 01:26 PM
why am i here???????
Thread OP
Discussion

Need some suspension help on a 2wd slash.

I am planning on convertiny my brushless 2wd slash to baja bug but i want a little wider suspension. i am doing some measuring on the nato suspension and the arms would mount up but are the output shafts on the jato diff and on the slash diff the same size. I want a little wider stance for sand running plus i plan on putting on foam tires for speed runs. I also plan putting a aluminum tranny case and mounting up a mamba monster on 2s or 3s for speed on aspahlt and with enough duck tape i will put sand tires on and play in the sand. possibly building a custom chassis for length.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 15, 2011, 04:10 PM
IMO, it's already plenty wide. If you want a bit more width just run wider wheels with less offset.
Oct 15, 2011, 05:16 PM
Happiness is a belt fed weapon
Check out pro lines wide track kit
Oct 16, 2011, 02:27 PM
why am i here???????
Thread OP
i have looked at the proline kits but they are not as strong as i want them to be. i may just stay with the rpm arms that i already have on it. may just add the aluminum tranny case and a mamba monster with foam tires for speed runs and sand paddles with them tapped with about half a roll of duct tape toprevent balloning in the sand and run in this systemat about 2s or 3s
Oct 16, 2011, 03:09 PM
Happiness is a belt fed weapon
I had the front a-arms on my 2wd and it's survived some pretty harsh impacts. It'll do the job unless you intentionally plan on running it into a brick wall.
Oct 16, 2011, 05:36 PM
Another option for a wider suspension -

http://www.fastlanemachine.net/prodd...lm21100&cat=17

Look at their other ones too with larger offset, 16.5 vs 12.7mm.
Oct 17, 2011, 10:37 PM
why am i here???????
Thread OP
i want to stay with the sc wheels for now. but i most likely go with jato suspension once i figure out if the out put shafts on the slash diff and the jato diff are the same.

Quick Reply