Sep 18, 2019, 08:49 AM
Ok guys I am just getting back into flying after a few years off. I picked these up and going to use the S6R receiver as a helper if needed. I'm now waiting on batteries to arrive.

I am ready to "Patrol the Pacific" or make a heck of a mess at the flying field Lol.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2019, 09:03 AM
If you are using the landing gear you may want to bend it forward a bit.
Sep 18, 2019, 10:31 AM
Good buys! I love my TH warbirds and they fly awesome. Depending on your choice of batteries take note on battery placement as with the F4U I have to push mine into the motor cavity to CG correctly. I fly 3S 2200mah of various weights and have no issue using the lighter ones with this plane.
Sep 20, 2019, 06:26 AM
EthanRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtigga01
Good buys! I love my TH warbirds and they fly awesome. Depending on your choice of batteries take note on battery placement as with the F4U I have to push mine into the motor cavity to CG correctly. I fly 3S 2200mah of various weights and have no issue using the lighter ones with this plane.
It is a very good flying plane. When you place the battery all the way forward. In the little hole in the nose you should achieve perfect CG. I'm gonna fly mine today to treat myself for doing well in school.
Sep 21, 2019, 08:53 AM
That got out of hand in a hurry, these planes are a great buy!!

I finally got my batteries yesterday, Turnigy 2200's. The fun (or crying) is about to start.
Sep 21, 2019, 07:02 PM
Out Standing In The Field
^Don't forget the Millennium Master!
Sep 23, 2019, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leading Edge
That got out of hand in a hurry, these planes are a great buy!!

I finally got my batteries yesterday, Turnigy 2200's. The fun (or crying) is about to start.
Awesome! I also had that bug and bought the P51 Berlin Express, F6F and F4U at the same time. You can't beat the TH coupons and they had the ebucks going at the end of last year so more of a bonus. IMHO the F6F is the best out of the group.
Sep 23, 2019, 03:45 PM
Out Standing In The Field
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtigga01
IMHO the F6F is the best out of the group.
That's my opinion, too!
(But they're all great values for great flying planes)
Oct 02, 2019, 06:01 PM
Lower AL
Had fun flying my F4U last weekend, chased a few vultures but not to close could have made a feather duster

Tower Hobbies Corsair F4U 3S 2200 29Sep19 (6 min 48 sec)

Jeff...
Oct 02, 2019, 08:20 PM
Smish-smash
Lucky you, flying with vultures! So cool!

We have some that live near here but don't often see them, they're very rare in Alberta, but one thing I do a lot of is goose-chasing.

Cheers! That Corsair flies very well under your thumbs.
Oct 03, 2019, 04:42 PM

new motor

The motor and esc are toast in my little Corsair. Ran it's entire life on 4S. Would like to run a more powerful motor and matching esc ( still on 4S) . Anyone have a suggestion on a hot motor for this bird? I gotten so much enjoyment out of this airplane I hate to retire it but cost wise it may be wise to just get a new model. Let me know what you think guys
Oct 03, 2019, 07:41 PM
Lower AL
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangBanger
Lucky you, flying with vultures! So cool!

We have some that live near here but don't often see them, they're very rare in Alberta, but one thing I do a lot of is goose-chasing.

Cheers! That Corsair flies very well under your thumbs.
Thank you, they come over just about every time. I don't get very close to them, well try not to anyway. I think they are young vultures that have been sticking together for about a month. I like this Corsair,
Jeff...

Quick Reply