Oct 14, 2011, 06:50 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Yippee!

All the modern good things corporations have brought us.

GE nukes that have used fuel stored on top of the overheating reactors in meltdowns.
We never need to wash our hands anymore. No bacteria can live in radiation areas

Computer control of ALL companies. Even those where speaking IS REQUIRED.

Robotic assembly lines.

These big business improvements ....CREATE JOBS.....That was ALWAYS the intent of all companies.

It is working. Now the companies have NO EMPLOYEES working.

And are now pissing about no one getting jobs to buy their products.

Sounds like big bussiness companies are doing a fine job of electing politicians for our country.

Really. Nothing has changed since time began.
Oct 14, 2011, 08:09 PM
Suspended Account
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWFlD-rs7jc
Oct 14, 2011, 08:13 PM
Excellent tune!
Oct 14, 2011, 11:42 PM
sensitive artsy type
The loss of jobs in the US has repercussions for those offshore manufacturing facilities as well. Our lack of ability to be consuming 25% of the world's output reaches far and wide. When you take into account the fall of the consumption of the entire western civilization, those smart corporations are going to feel it in the end.
Oct 15, 2011, 12:32 AM
Suspended Account

the GWS slowstick
and lipo batteries.
A 32 inch TV set that I can hang on my wall with one nail for 300 bucks.
30 cans of cold bud light for 19 bucks
the Kitchenaide mixer

I could go on for quite a while.

Here are some of the thing our new govt has not brought us and probably won't ever...
Our soldiers home, trust, better education for our children, etc.
Oct 15, 2011, 12:49 AM
Fly Runaway Fans
Scrubbing Bubbles is bitchin! Long as you don't get it on your skin without rinsing it off. Trust me, you'll wish you had.
Oct 15, 2011, 01:25 AM
sensitive artsy type
I used to watch old movies, comedy reruns, and Braves games on WTBS, channel 17 for free, using an antenna. Now I have to have cable to get any of those. $50 a month for the basic.
Oct 15, 2011, 03:13 AM
Fly Runaway Fans
Even ripoff Time Warner gives me digital for $50/mo. Well more than basic or expanded basic. All the stuff the providers put in the digital tier precisely to get you to pay more for.

When it works, that is. If you printed out my complaint log it would be at least 30 feet long. The cable guy was last here yesterday. Didn't solve anything.
Oct 15, 2011, 08:20 AM
Out of Time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eljimb0

the GWS slowstick
and lipo batteries.
A 32 inch TV set that I can hang on my wall with one nail for 300 bucks.
30 cans of cold bud light for 19 bucks
the Kitchenaide mixer

I could go on for quite a while.

Here are some of the thing our new govt has not brought us and probably won't ever...
Our soldiers home, trust, better education for our children, etc.
Let's add to the list of nasty things that corporations have done to modern civilization:

Provided millions upon millions of jobs that paid for raising families and putting kids through school.
Manufactured every single component of each of the homes we live in.
Manufactured every single electronic appliance you use including computers on which we communicate in this forum.
The Pacemakers that reside in the chests of people who would be dead without them.
The country itself in which you live that would have been conquered by the Axis powers in WWII if not for the corporations that turned their focus from consumer products to defensive products.
Your first bicycle.
Your first motorcycle.
Your first yo-yo.
The crib that kept you safe as a toddler.
The books that you used to learn in school.
The light by which you read at night, both the lights themselves and the electricity that powers them.
Any and every product you can think of that has been produced in quantity since man discovered the wheel and fire.

Yea, we need to destroy every corporation out there, give each person one wheel and a burning stick, and let each person go do their own thing without having to deal with all those nasty, evil corporations.
Last edited by Highflight; Oct 15, 2011 at 08:26 AM.
Oct 15, 2011, 08:29 AM
Cars and fuel to allow me to drive across the country in a few days when it took my ancestors months.
Medicines that have saved the lives of friends and family.
Electricity to run my computer.
Food packaged and delivered to a store a mile away.

I don't think sole proprietorships or even partnerships could have provided everything the corporate structure have done for us. Someone said recently that China allowing the corporation structure to operate in its country has literally raised millions of people out of poverty in a single generation.
Oct 15, 2011, 09:17 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflight
Let's add to the list of nasty things that corporations have done to modern civilization:

Provided millions upon millions of jobs that paid for raising families and putting kids through school.
Manufactured every single component of each of the homes we live in.
Manufactured every single electronic appliance you use including computers on which we communicate in this forum.
The Pacemakers that reside in the chests of people who would be dead without them.
The country itself in which you live that would have been conquered by the Axis powers in WWII if not for the corporations that turned their focus from consumer products to defensive products.
Your first bicycle.
Your first motorcycle.
Your first yo-yo.
The crib that kept you safe as a toddler.
The books that you used to learn in school.
The light by which you read at night, both the lights themselves and the electricity that powers them.
Any and every product you can think of that has been produced in quantity since man discovered the wheel and fire.

Yea, we need to destroy every corporation out there, give each person one wheel and a burning stick, and let each person go do their own thing without having to deal with all those nasty, evil corporations.
When did they make the switch from GREEDY to EVIL?
Just curious
Oct 15, 2011, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLGjunkyard
When did they make the switch from GREEDY to EVIL?
Just curious
January 20, 2009?
Oct 15, 2011, 10:26 AM
Closed Account
I spent most of yesterday trying to secure liability insurance for a small business I started a month ago.

Government regulations have given us an environment in which a business must be very large to even survive. It is extremely difficult to start a new business because of all of the requirements of governemnt.

It takes a tremendous amount of time and money to comply with all of the stuff that in no way contributes to production or profit.

My new business will have not employees, only contract workers. Only a fool would start a business that employees others or attempts to manufacture something in America.

This is why all of the jobs are going away.
Oct 15, 2011, 01:24 PM
sensitive artsy type
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbilab
Even ripoff Time Warner gives me digital for $50/mo. Well more than basic or expanded basic. All the stuff the providers put in the digital tier precisely to get you to pay more for.

When it works, that is. If you printed out my complaint log it would be at least 30 feet long. The cable guy was last here yesterday. Didn't solve anything.
I do have digital comcast, the thing about it is the pricing structure. There is one package down, but it is the local broadcast channels only, which I assume is some requirement that they carry it. What I really dislike is that even now, they give me a $15 discount, meaning the real charge for basic digital, is $59 plus the taxes, add on charges, and then they give me a discount for having both internet and cable. So if I only got cable, or only got internet, the price would be exorbitant. Meaning I wouldn't save much at all by knocking off the TV end of it. Bottom line, I would not save $59 by knocking out the TV part, more like $20. $59 is the discount price for packaging internet and TV.

And like I said, they offer introductory discounts which expire after a year or six months. My intro expired and my total bill went from $85 to $105, I called them and asked how I could lower my bill and they extended my discount for another year. Goofy way to do business.

I have been lucky in that the service here has been excellent, however, in the past, had terrible problems, and to this day I still rent the modem from them, as they assume if you have your own modem, that must be where the problem lies. They also say that if they come out and find that your modem is the problem, there is a $100 service charge for the visit. So that is like $6 a month for insurance against headaches during service. There was a time when they came out once a week for about three months, I knew the two guys who worked my area on a first name basis. What they finally found was two problems, one was a connection on a pole somewhere that filled up with water when it rained, and the other was the "node" was overloaded with too many trying to use the internet, it would just knock some of them off.
Oct 15, 2011, 01:28 PM
sensitive artsy type
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooroo
I spent most of yesterday trying to secure liability insurance for a small business I started a month ago.

Government regulations have given us an environment in which a business must be very large to even survive. It is extremely difficult to start a new business because of all of the requirements of governemnt.

It takes a tremendous amount of time and money to comply with all of the stuff that in no way contributes to production or profit.

My new business will have not employees, only contract workers. Only a fool would start a business that employees others or attempts to manufacture something in America.

This is why all of the jobs are going away.
Can you even buy liability insurance that covers contractors? I would assume if you could it would be very expensive, a contractor would be expected to carry their own liability insurance.....

Or is this for the work you do directly for the customer?

What requirements are you talking about that the government is imposing on you? The only requirements of the federal government when I was in business as a sole proprietor was that I kept a set of books, which was very basic, minimal work. Something a business owner would want to do anyway, just to keep track of how much money was coming in and going out. And of course filing a schedule C on the income tax, showing loss or profit from business, and figuring the self employment tax, and with this, paying in quarterly towards my tax liability. Nothing difficult about any of it.

Locally, a business license and sales tax registration to authorize collection of sales taxes and exempt purchases that were a component of an end product where the tax would be collected from the end consumer. This was a quarterly filing issue as well. They even paid a collection fee for this, which was not much, 2% or something of the total....

Some businesses are more regulated, such as plumbers and electricians must be licensed by the state, doesn't mean they all are, but that is the law. In that are requirements for upgrades to the dwelling when a plumber or electrician does any work on the home, like a hard wired smoke alarm, and ground fault outlets added to any wall with a sink on it. I think those may be county regs. Plus a pressure valve and pressure expansion tank on the water lines for the water heater.
Last edited by Treetop; Oct 15, 2011 at 01:38 PM.

Quick Reply