Oct 14, 2011, 01:28 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Icare Mini-Hawk F5B

Has anyone flown or seen one of the these? Quality? Performance?

http://www.icare-rc.com/minihawk-f5b.htm

I'm looking for a good quality mini hotliner for motor-off aerobatics.

Thanks.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 14, 2011, 01:42 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob.R
Has anyone flown or seen one of the these? Quality? Performance?

http://www.icare-rc.com/minihawk-f5b.htm

I'm looking for a good quality mini hotliner for motor-off aerobatics.

Thanks.
that is the smaller brother of the Swift from launchmodel called the Hummingbird

http://www.launchmodel.cn/enProductShow.asp?id=149

they say the Swift is a better flyer a little bigger @ 1300 winwspan

http://www.launchmodel.cn/enProductShow.asp?id=150
Oct 14, 2011, 01:56 PM
I've been eye balling that plane as well. I would like to know how the room is as far as batteries are concerned (what is the largest that will fit). I'm a big chicken want someone else to pull the trigger first
Oct 14, 2011, 02:01 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticflyer
I've been eye balling that plane as well. I would like to know how the room is as far as batteries are concerned (what is the largest that will fit). I'm a big chicken want someone else to pull the trigger first
on the Swift easy fit 4s 45-90c 2200mAh i know of one running 5s 3s and 2s in series the hummingbird uses the same fuse too, get one you won't regret it
My Swift Typhoon 1W30 100amp Ice lite 3s 2650mAh 35-75c Hyperion HP-DS09GMD servos
Cheers
Last edited by Adrian_M; Oct 14, 2011 at 02:06 PM.
Oct 14, 2011, 02:39 PM
I looked at both of the models that you gave links to. The problem with that site is no prices and no ability to order. Do they only sell to shops or distributors?
Oct 14, 2011, 02:55 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticflyer
I looked at both of the models that you gave links to. The problem with that site is no prices and no ability to order. Do they only sell to shops or distributors?
no you can buy direct from them you have to send them an email

launchmodel@yahoo.com.cn

the shipping is the most expensive part i paid 150 usd for the swift and 165 for the F5B i purchased 4 of them freight cost around 270 usd for all of them if you purchase one fright is about 170 usd
depending on where you live
it might be cheaper for you to buy one from Icare
but if you get a bunch of guys together it might be worth your while getting them from launcmodel
Cheers
Adrian
Oct 14, 2011, 08:22 PM
DroneWorlds - TEAM NEW ZEALAND
The mini hawk F5B is also known as the Mk1 Mibo Wasp. Mk2 Mibo wasp is the swift
Oct 14, 2011, 08:55 PM
Suspended Account
[QUOTE=jackosmeister;19596684]The mini hawk F5B is also known as the Mk1 Mibo Wasp. Mk2 Mibo wasp is the swift [/QUOTE

Lol i wonder why they call it the Hummingbird on the launchmodel website
Oct 14, 2011, 09:18 PM
DroneWorlds - TEAM NEW ZEALAND
I suppose theres no point in wasting the old moulds, might as well put em too work

My guess is, Mibo licensed/contracted launchmodel to make the Wasp Mk1/Mk2, once the license expired or the ordered number was hit, launchmodel started selling the wasp as the swift as a direct sale. Have no proof, but it makes sense seeing the the Mk1 (aka hummingbird) was available as the mini wasp/eWasp for a few years before the 1300mm Mk2 eWasap, which was seemingly discontinued in europe when the launchmodel swift started showing up.

The manual I have for my "Mibo eWasp" which is 1300mm, shows what looks identical to a hummingbird in the pics. Same foil and basic shape but the Wasp Mk2/Swift has a slightly different fuselage (hummingbirds elevator servo is under the wing with a push rod, Mk2/Wasp/Swift is in the tail), obviously different span. The Mk2/Swift looks a bit better in my opinion too.

Bob R. - Try hunt yourself down a swift/1300mm wasp. Its a brilliant little plane perfect for what you want. Check out the Mibo Osa/Axis/E-wasp thread in this forum.
Last edited by jackosmeister; Oct 14, 2011 at 09:25 PM.

Quick Reply