This thread is privately moderated by phil alvirez, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 13, 2011, 06:17 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

gremlins

am not superstitious. and still i want to believe in gremlins. please notice that i said that i 'want' to believe in them, not that i really believe. let me explain: some say that they are mischievous creatures that have great pleasure on making us upset. so i decided to laugh at adversity. whenever something unexpectedly goes wrong, instead of giving them the pleasure of seeing me upset, or discouraged, i laugh. so now, they are the ones who get upset because they don't see me upset. how about that?
the best thing is that it has become a habit to laugh at everything that goes wrong, and now i really laugh at it. honest. and that has changed my view of life. someone said that everything is small stuff, so why get upset? the best thing is that now am a happy man, that few-if any-things put me out of balance-and that momentarily, and then i think that they may be watching, so here i am, laughing at adversity, and soon i forget it. think about what is really a tragedy, and then you realize that almost everything is not worth getting upset. and even if sometime something is really a disaster, think about that old zen proverb that says: 'now that my home has burned out, i have a better view of the sky'.
smile. they may be watching.
Last edited by phil alvirez; Oct 16, 2011 at 01:49 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply