Thread Tools
Jun 06, 2012, 01:22 PM
Registered User
Under a light load your Eneloop is probably already 90% discharged by that warning.

The only things that would really change power use are vibration/backlight/and low power range check mode.. The 8J doesnt transmit at too high of a power anyways, according to the product website, it drains 140mah which is pretty efficient for a 4 cell radio.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 06, 2012, 03:10 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by pach
Under a light load your Eneloop is probably already 90% discharged by that warning.

The only things that would really change power use are vibration/backlight/and low power range check mode.. The 8J doesnt transmit at too high of a power anyways, according to the product website, it drains 140mah which is pretty efficient for a 4 cell radio.
pach,

Thanks for your answers. If you could indulge an electronic dummy one more question:

Since the Eneloops claim to be 1900 mAh, does that mean one could expect 13 hrs of operation, assuming new batteries at full charge?
Jun 07, 2012, 01:12 AM
9W2DLR
can this rx accept those FrSky DFT modules? FrSky listed 8J in the list
Jun 07, 2012, 01:52 AM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
Quote:
Originally Posted by skellator
can this rx accept those FrSky DFT modules? FrSky listed 8J in the list
I would like to understand why you would pay the price of this new TX, then replace its RF system. You void the warranty for one thing..

If you want to do that, pick up a more capable used radio that will take a FrSky module for the same or less money..

Perhaps I am missing something.
Jun 07, 2012, 05:08 AM
numnutchris
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeajr
I would like to understand why you would pay the price of this new TX, then replace its RF system. You void the warranty for one thing..

If you want to do that, pick up a more capable used radio that will take a FrSky module for the same or less money..

Perhaps I am missing something.
No need to replace anything. Weve used the 6J since last year with the older V8HT but had to remove the shottky diode from the ppm line. You have all necessary signals in the buddyport, if you dont mind some velcro and a box with antenna on the back of the TX. If the D-module doesnt work, you might have to remove the shottky (just short it out) from the PCB as it is built-in.
Jun 07, 2012, 06:16 AM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
Quote:
Originally Posted by numnutchris
No need to replace anything. Weve used the 6J since last year with the older V8HT but had to remove the shottky diode from the ppm line. You have all necessary signals in the buddyport, if you dont mind some velcro and a box with antenna on the back of the TX. If the D-module doesnt work, you might have to remove the shottky (just short it out) from the PCB as it is built-in.
is there a thread on how this is done? Sounds like the Anylink module approach. Is there some kind of adapter that will let me change modules on a non module radio?
Jun 07, 2012, 08:59 AM
numnutchris
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeajr
is there a thread on how this is done? Sounds like the Anylink module approach. Is there some kind of adapter that will let me change modules on a non module radio?
Have been too lazy to post the clip and pics, but youll find the principle in the hack clip, of a 6EX:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkzArBzRqlw
and the port pinouts show up somewhere in:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyahEMzAxW4
Jun 07, 2012, 09:29 AM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
numnutchris,

Thanks for the videos. I see you are inside the radio putting in the FrSky system and can freely switch between them. VERY COOL way to update an older radio. Not something I would want to do on a new radio though. Really appreciate the video.
Jun 07, 2012, 01:35 PM
numnutchris
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeajr
numnutchris,

Thanks for the videos. I see you are inside the radio putting in the FrSky system and can freely switch between them. VERY COOL way to update an older radio. Not something I would want to do on a new radio though. Really appreciate the video.
As I said, no need to open the TX at all, the signals are present in the buddy port but if you dont understand the wiring do not try it.
Jun 25, 2012, 07:23 PM
3d flippin
The_MonsterMash's Avatar
is the8j full range i know the reciver states it is full range but is the tx full range?
Jun 25, 2012, 07:26 PM
Ron - AMA 1025
ronwc's Avatar

8j


Quote:
Originally Posted by The_MonsterMash
is the8j full range i know the reciver states it is full range but is the tx full range?
Yes, full range. I just got one a few weeks ago, what a great radio - and reasonable priced too. Selling my DX8 -
Jun 25, 2012, 07:36 PM
Registered User
DougV's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pach
I know they taut 6.8ms as high speed mode for S-FHSS

my wild guess as for why they havent published the resolution atleast very publiclly, is because #a its 1024 and dont want to admit it, #b its 2048 or higher and dont want to futher alienate the FASST crowd..
On another forum I read that it is 2048 resolution.

Doug.
Jun 25, 2012, 10:49 PM
3d flippin
The_MonsterMash's Avatar
ok im gunna get this radio because its nice and good price i wanted the 8fg but its just to expensive
Jun 26, 2012, 09:45 AM
Registered User
You will not be dissapointed with the 8J.
Jul 09, 2012, 10:43 PM
3d flippin
The_MonsterMash's Avatar
went with the 8fg


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question Airtronics FHSS-1 FHSS-2 FHSS-3 aeajr Radios 3 Mar 02, 2012 04:21 PM
Discussion Why are there no FHSS or Spektrum style vtx's? randall1959 FPV Talk 14 Sep 04, 2011 04:34 PM
For Sale Like new Futaba 6J 6-Channel 2.4GHz S-FHSS Tx/Rx(SOLD) thundercl58 Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 1 May 21, 2011 05:04 PM
Discussion 2.4GHz FHSS Futaba 4YF JJ OROŅO Radios 7 Jan 28, 2010 04:08 PM
Discussion Futaba SS, is it FHSS or DSSS d_wheel Radios 36 Jan 12, 2008 09:11 AM