Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Old Dec 25, 2012, 09:06 PM
numnutchris is offline
Find More Posts by numnutchris
numnutchris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikarro View Post
?
whats your point?
Last edited by numnutchris; Dec 25, 2012 at 09:13 PM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2012, 08:30 AM
cbarnes0061 is offline
Find More Posts by cbarnes0061
Flying Low
cbarnes0061's Avatar
Just got a new 8J for Christmas. First impressions are that it's pretty nice. I'm getting a bit comfused in the programming but that's caused by this be my first ever programable radio so I will figure it out after playing with it some more.
Old Jan 09, 2013, 08:05 PM
ryramZ is online now
Find More Posts by ryramZ
Your Pilot Ryan
ryramZ's Avatar
Does the 8j work with the flyzone select line? Like the corsair and the beaver
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:03 AM
ncsky is online now
Find More Posts by ncsky
Maggie is in charge
ncsky's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryramZ View Post
Does the 8j work with the flyzone select line? Like the corsair and the beaver
it will if you use anylink module. The anylink works with the tactic rx that come in those planes. Tower usually run a special where anylink adapter included with plane. You can also put a
futaba rx in plane if you do not want to use anylink.
8j is a great system.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:18 AM
Buschbarber is offline
Find More Posts by Buschbarber
Registered User
Buschbarber's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsky View Post
it will if you use anylink module. The anylink works with the tactic rx that come in those planes. Tower usually run a special where anylink adapter included with plane. You can also put a
futaba rx in plane if you do not want to use anylink.
8j is a great system.
To be more specific, a Futaba S-FHSS receiver.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:12 PM
ncsky is online now
Find More Posts by ncsky
Maggie is in charge
ncsky's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buschbarber View Post
To be more specific, a Futaba S-FHSS receiver.
exactly +1, which are low cost for a genuine futaba receiver. Mine has worked great so far.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 06:53 PM
cbarnes0061 is offline
Find More Posts by cbarnes0061
Flying Low
cbarnes0061's Avatar
Question for all. The R2008SB reciever that comes with this transmitter is high voltage capable and according to towerhobbies website you can run a unregulated 2s lipo battery on it to give you your high voltage. has anybody tried this yet or should it have a regulator on it. I would prefer to run a lipo for the wieght savings.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:17 PM
redradar is offline
Find More Posts by redradar
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbarnes0061 View Post
Question for all. The R2008SB reciever that comes with this transmitter is high voltage capable and according to towerhobbies website you can run a unregulated 2s lipo battery on it to give you your high voltage. has anybody tried this yet or should it have a regulator on it. I would prefer to run a lipo for the wieght savings.
My guess it would work. However I bet the servos have to be willing to take the unregulated voltage too. I would doubt that there is a regulator built into the receiver.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:18 PM
cbarnes0061 is offline
Find More Posts by cbarnes0061
Flying Low
cbarnes0061's Avatar
Ok the servos I will be running are HV capable.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:12 PM
ryramZ is online now
Find More Posts by ryramZ
Your Pilot Ryan
ryramZ's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsky View Post
it will if you use anylink module. The anylink works with the tactic rx that come in those planes. Tower usually run a special where anylink adapter included with plane. You can also put a
futaba rx in plane if you do not want to use anylink.
8j is a great system.
Thanks, got it figured out. I've been flying dx6i dsmx. I wasn't sure I'd like this futaba but after setting up a couple planes I'm really beginning to like it.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 08:24 PM
ncsky is online now
Find More Posts by ncsky
Maggie is in charge
ncsky's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryramZ View Post
Thanks, got it figured out. I've been flying dx6i dsmx. I wasn't sure I'd like this futaba but after setting up a couple planes I'm really beginning to like it.
great! I moved from dx6i as well,
love the futaba 8J
Old Jan 11, 2013, 09:40 PM
A468BU is offline
Find More Posts by A468BU
Registered User
Has anyone run a LRS system with this Radio? I am looking at the DragonLink. But it seems The LRS needs at least 8v to run. The 8j will not output that from the 4 batteries or the rechargeable packs. Can this radio run on a 3s unregulated? What lipos fit in the battery door?
Old Jan 16, 2013, 07:56 AM
hoofhearted is offline
Find More Posts by hoofhearted
Registered User
Does anyone see a problem flying a 100cc yak with this radio? I got it on a good deal new but am not a fan of just 4 dry cell batts for power.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 08:21 AM
numnutchris is offline
Find More Posts by numnutchris
numnutchris
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoofhearted View Post
Does anyone see a problem flying a 100cc yak with this radio? I got it on a good deal new but am not a fan of just 4 dry cell batts for power.
I dont see why not, following radio installation guidelines, sufficient power to the electronics and so on. I sqeezed in 5 cells into mine and occasionally run on 2S (w voltage dropdown to comply with the 5cell/ ~5V battery warning).
And youre adviced to ask at the Futaba direct support forum
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_125/tt.htm
concerning range, large scale & other issues
Old Jan 16, 2013, 08:22 AM
cbarnes0061 is offline
Find More Posts by cbarnes0061
Flying Low
cbarnes0061's Avatar
Futaba makes rechargeable packs for this radio


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question Airtronics FHSS-1 FHSS-2 FHSS-3 aeajr Radios 3 Mar 02, 2012 05:21 PM
Discussion Why are there no FHSS or Spektrum style vtx's? randall1959 FPV Talk 14 Sep 04, 2011 05:34 PM
For Sale Like new Futaba 6J 6-Channel 2.4GHz S-FHSS Tx/Rx(SOLD) thundercl58 Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 1 May 21, 2011 06:04 PM
Discussion 2.4GHz FHSS Futaba 4YF JJ OROŅO Radios 7 Jan 28, 2010 05:08 PM
Discussion Futaba SS, is it FHSS or DSSS d_wheel Radios 36 Jan 12, 2008 10:11 AM